Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it? >

New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Chassis Setup App - Have you tried it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by infokiz
I paid $25 for the first book and would gladly pay $25 for a new version. So $14.99 is a bargan in my opinion. Thanks again Martin for all your hard work!

Thanks! Great to hear that.

lol...I would like to know who charged you $25, when the book was supposed to be $20

Cheers,
Martin.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This info is priceless. $15 is well within reason. Especially if you learn something. And I have already.
Old 07-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Is adding a credit card the only payment method? Just not thrilled about doing that on my phone
Old 07-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
You are not alone It's funny,...but I need to refer to my own app/book from time to time

http://www.setupworkbench.com
I just took a look at your screen shots on your website. See, now I'm interested. I like some of the tools you've put in there and got to say that sometimes it's easier to read what I already know than try and straighten the mess out in my head. Will definately pick this up in the near future.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Looks like a great resource... any chance you'd think about porting this to WP7?
Old 07-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
Is adding a credit card the only payment method? Just not thrilled about doing that on my phone
I had mine added to my phone bill.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

I bought it, my book is getting tatty and I wanted to support it.

I must say please get iPad support working soon as it's not nice to read on the upscaled screen.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robotech
I just took a look at your screen shots on your website. See, now I'm interested. I like some of the tools you've put in there and got to say that sometimes it's easier to read what I already know than try and straighten the mess out in my head. Will definately pick this up in the near future.
I know what you mean...sometimes it is good to review things

Originally Posted by multi-bash
Looks like a great resource... any chance you'd think about porting this to WP7?
WP7 does not seem to have much market share, so I don't have plans right now to support it natively. But for sure will keep it in mind.

Originally Posted by Qatmix
I bought it, my book is getting tatty and I wanted to support it. Thanks !!!

I must say please get iPad support working soon as it's not nice to read on the upscaled screen.
I know what you mean about the ipad upscaled screen, and I am trying to resolve the issues with creating the universal binary. Cheers. Martin.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just picked this up the other day. Very impressed that there seems to be more info and data over the XXXMain book, learning a few more new things myself (Section on Ackerman being a good example). Theres a few typo's about, but nothing that stops the information being good.

I have to say I was initially sceptical about the high price, but then if figured I happily drop more than that on a new set of tyres that make you fast for a few runs... this will make you faster, permanently!

Now if only you could get the carpet plots for all the RC tyres out there... be onto a winner!

cheques in the post, right Martin?
Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TryHard
I just picked this up the other day. Very impressed that there seems to be more info and data over the XXXMain book, learning a few more new things myself (Section on Ackerman being a good example). Theres a few typo's about, but nothing that stops the information being good.

I have to say I was initially sceptical about the high price, but then if figured I happily drop more than that on a new set of tyres that make you fast for a few runs... this will make you faster, permanently!

Now if only you could get the carpet plots for all the RC tyres out there... be onto a winner!

cheques in the post, right Martin?
yeah....I am not so good at catching all the typos. If you feel up to it, please send me info on the typos and I will correct them. I have already found a few myself and corrected them, but I expected there would be more. Same thing happened when I wrote the book, despite having proof readers Glad you like the app.

Cheers
Martin.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

cheques in the post, right Martin?[/QUOTE]

we may not have carpet plots, but it would be interesting to start getting feedback from drivers on different tires and which ones like more or less slip angle. For example I have found the sorex tires like a lot of slip angle, but the solaris tires do not like as much slip angle. Sweeps seem to be between the two tires. Jacos are similar to the solaris. But that is just from my personal testing...it would be interesting to hear from others.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I see the price dropped...I will pick it up now

Hey Martin.

I see that you dropped the price. I am going to try it out now, given the price drop and also all the positive comments about it on this forum.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by freddysnds
Hey Martin.

I see that you dropped the price. I am going to try it out now, given the price drop and also all the positive comments about it on this forum.

Hey freddysnds, Yes, I decided to have a sale this week to coincide with the US on road nationals.

Cheers.
Martin.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)

Yup... $9.99 on app store. Thanks MC
Old 07-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Martin,

What a great thing to make this available on the mobile electronic format(s). Your original was worth it's weight in gold and I'm delighted to purchase again.

I recommend this book regularly when I see folks looking for setup information. Don't listen to the belly-achers "it's too expensive"...the answer is two-fold. Firstly, all those free or nearly free aps are (as has been discussed) WIDELY distributed rather than limited market, further how many of them are REALLY supported after the fact? Virtually none of them, where you have a proven track record with this franchise. Secondly, racers will buy any bright shiny goo-gaw that someone in a magazine (or on-line) says is the next fastest thing but then piss and moan about something that will REALLY help.

The next best speed secret, right after more practice, is a properly set-up car. With the info in the book (and now the app) you can guarantee the second. Start with any "good" setup (including kit setup) and massage your way to an ideal set-up for your track and your driving style. No magic, it only seems that way.

btw, I originally bought the setup book as an online download as "M-Power" or some such, but later saw a XXX-Main book and saw that they're almost word-for-word identical. Was M-Power your deal or was someone riding your back?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.