Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tires,Inserts,Rims

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 03:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tires,Inserts,Rims

Just to make sure guys. That I am understanding this right.

Tire inserts.

You run softer inserts on tracks with less grip and harder inserts on Tracks with higher grip.

And if you run soft inserts on a track with lots of grip you will over work the tire. Heating it up to fast and lost of wear ???

And if you run a Hard insert on a low traction track the car will slide, wheel spin

Does any one know what the differences in air gaps between the tire and the insert does ????

Also rims available in soft, medium ,hard. When should u use a Softer rim and when should i use a hard rim ????

Any Help would be great Cheers.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abcd123
Just to make sure guys. That I am understanding this right.

Tire inserts.

You run softer inserts on tracks with less grip and harder inserts on Tracks with higher grip.

And if you run soft inserts on a track with lots of grip you will over work the tire. Heating it up to fast and lost of wear ???

And if you run a Hard insert on a low traction track the car will slide, wheel spin

Does any one know what the differences in air gaps between the tire and the insert does ????

Also rims available in soft, medium ,hard. When should u use a Softer rim and when should i use a hard rim ????

Any Help would be great Cheers.
over here, we only use soft inserts no matter the track surface's traction. Either Sweep Pinks of Speedmind Yellows. Rims always hard rims. Then tune your suspension. now days no one uses damn hard springs like 6 years ago. Of course with these inserts there isnt much air gap, but they are very soft.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alcyon
over here, we only use soft inserts no matter the track surface's traction. Either Sweep Pinks of Speedmind Yellows. Rims always hard rims. Then tune your suspension. now days no one uses damn hard springs like 6 years ago. Of course with these inserts there isnt much air gap, but they are very soft.
I remember the 40 lb/in springs you couldnt compress with your own hand.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silverhkswrx
I remember the 40 lb/in springs you couldnt compress with your own hand.
yes, simply becuase cars and batteries are much lighter today. eventhough my car is a very old car, becuase the batteries are lighter, very hard springs just dont work anymore, there is no traction with them.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Click here for "Rubber Tires for Dummies". Old thread, but it answers all of your questions.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Rookie

cheers thanks for the link helped heeps