Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini-T Pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation Mini-T Pro

Anyone really know the difference between the Mini-T Pro and the rtr mini-t? Or is it just the option to put your own electronics in? You guys tell me. I know I see oiled shocks in these picks, but what else is different that will really benefit this Mini?

I meen what is the real point in titanium turnbuckles and MIP CVDs, will it really matter when you would get the same performance out of the RTR version of the truck?

Last edited by DemonLosi; 10-13-2004 at 11:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

The ball diff is a nice touch also.

The CVD's actually make quite an improvement in the drivetrain efficiency of the truck, and the mini Lunsfords allow you to change camber and toe without popping any of the cups off.

Losi doesn't do something without a race-specific reason...
Old 10-14-2004, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

I think Losi would have captured racers' imagination more with a kit (not a pre-built) with Graphite parts (not the flexy plastic), and maybe a few subtle design changes (e.g improved steering system, shocks with proper seals, not flat plastic shims) to really set the car apart.

What this seems to be is a standard Mini-T with the Losi upgrades pre-fitted - and most current racers will already have a Mini-T at this spec or beyond.

For me, this has slightly missed the mark.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:44 AM
TCR
Tech Addict

I agree, I want a kit, with graphite parts, tit, and improved components.

Losi usually 1 up's asc and other companies, they got this truck out first, which was big, but they really havent improved opon it.

I love that touring car though, a true work of art
Old 10-14-2004, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

i agree wif u guys, this should have graphite parts, otherwise the name pro is a bit misleading
Old 10-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Guys...the truck is just over $100...

This is Losi's way of providing a race-ready Mini-T without raising costs on the manufacturer side..because that directly translates into higher costs on the consumer side.

It is no secret that graphite is more brittle at times..and with the very small pieces with little reinforcement as are on the Mini-T, it would have been pointless.

And for them to hire a new set of employees to bag the parts as they come out of the molds, separate hardware, and package them as kits, would have costed MUCH more than simply having some of the trucks already being built outfitted with a few different parts and skipping the electronics on its way into a box. This truck is coming out of the same factory as the RTR Mini-T.

It may not make everyone happy, but they can sure get pretty darn close.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:58 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

the asc truck is coming as a kit, from what I understand,

arron, thanks for the info, I can live without the graphite parts, but are you saying it's cheaper for them to sell a prebuilt car, then a kit, that seems strange to me.

I think they should thow in a free yoyo =)

P.S. arron, Losi is not paying you enough, you've been a great source of information on these forums and a great represenitive for that company, keep up the good work.

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
Guys...the truck is just over $100...

This is Losi's way of providing a race-ready Mini-T without raising costs on the manufacturer side..because that directly translates into higher costs on the consumer side.

It is no secret that graphite is more brittle at times..and with the very small pieces with little reinforcement as are on the Mini-T, it would have been pointless.

And for them to hire a new set of employees to bag the parts as they come out of the molds, separate hardware, and package them as kits, would have costed MUCH more than simply having some of the trucks already being built outfitted with a few different parts and skipping the electronics on its way into a box. This truck is coming out of the same factory as the RTR Mini-T.

It may not make everyone happy, but they can sure get pretty darn close.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

TCR - Thanks for the props! You can e-mail [email protected] and drop him an e-mail telling him what you think about me..haha.

It is going to be cheaper for them to sell this truck already built, because they already have people building the RTR trucks. These trucks will more than likely go through the same assembly line, be outfitted with the new parts and stuck in a box before going to the electronics department. Rather than pay new people to come in and bag the parts for kits, they will just allow the current employees to keep building trucks. Less employees and less variation = lower production costs, and lower costs to the consumer.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know if its out yet or when its coming out??

if its out where can you get it?

thanks
Old 10-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

I think the plans are to have the truck out by Christmas, but I haven't heard any official word yet.
Old 10-16-2004, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

TCR- From what I understand, the AE RC18T will not be a kit (at least, not at this time).

The Mini-T Pro is exactly what I've been waiting for. I've been wanting a Mini-T, but without all of the electronics I wouldn't use, and the need to spend as much as the truck already cost in hopups (mainly hopups I want, not need, but still...). Also, not only do I not mind the fact that the truck doesn't have graphite, I welcome it. The Mini-T will be a basher for me, so the lack of graphite means it will only be that much stronger.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:25 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

I wish it was released, when the mini-t was released. I love losi stuf I just didn't want to wait 1 year for a pro kit?

why include a motor anyways, everyone's been poping brushless and Baja's in it?

Will there be a version without electronics?
There are no current plans on releasing such a version.

Will there be a kit version?
There are no current plans on releasing such a version
I stand corrected my bad, I guess the mini-t pro is the only way to go then.

why does losi always seem to be one step ahead of associated, Losi must have spies
Old 10-17-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

i held one thursday at chicago, it is different plastic-a lot more rigid which will make for a better race truck.

i dont see a big deal about the kit, if you have a xxxt you already know the layout of the mini t.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

TCR - I plead the fifth!