Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bone$
Being a new owner of a Jamming X1CR what would you upgrade to improve the car further other than the one pice motor mount i have that.
Please give me what you would do and what it improves overall?
The screw and nut type hinge pins are a must I've been told...
Old 09-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

There's a TON of Jammin' cars here on a local level..maybe 20-30%?

The threaded hinge pins are good, but only because you don't have to hassle with e-clips. There's nothing seriously wrong with the stock ones.

The aftermarket brakes are a good thing to have though.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron

The threaded hinge pins are good, but only because you don't have to hassle with e-clips. There's nothing seriously wrong with the stock ones.

Nice i will look into those!
Old 09-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

I don't know when it started, or when it will start, but I know they are going to start shipping kits with the better brakes already in them.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

I'm running a Pro-Line wing on my car..it definitely sits lower than the stock one.
any advantage if the wing sit lower..???
Old 09-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Not really...it certainly looks better. The PL wing is stronger too.

Theoretically, there's more surface area..so it should be more stable, but I don't think it's a big enough difference.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Yer i don't know what the big fuss is over the threaded hinge pins, i have been running the buggy for 6 months and i haven't had one pop off yet. And the only problem with the standard brakes are the cams, but once you grind the back edge off, they work great. The only problem that i have encounted with the buggy is the wear in the center outdrives!! And they fixed that with the new kit, very impressive hong nor! They are very keen to see this buggy get to number one in the world, and there not far off! just my thoughts
Old 09-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ZacR
Yer i don't know what the big fuss is over the threaded hinge pins, i have been running the buggy for 6 months and i haven't had one pop off yet.
mine using the stock hinge pin with only one side using the e-clip and the other side (B block arm holder side) no e-clip and until now never ever got problem... the front bumper protect the hinge pin from dislodge
Old 09-22-2005, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

20-30 nice. what are the other popular cars at your local tracks?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Initiate

OK guys,

im having trouble making a decision. I getting rid of my Mayhem Pro. (the thing is way too fussy) and im stepping up.

My debate is wether to get the jammin x1 cr pro or a kyosho sp2.

i know the SP2 is more money, but i have never seen a jammin run. I know at least one of you has both buggys. can you give me some honest feedback on both.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ETRacer
im having trouble making a decision. My debate is wether to get the jammin x1 cr pro or a kyosho sp2.
can you give me some honest feedback on both.
just scroll back this thread and you can get all the jammin information you want. go to kyosho thread and ask there to get kyosho's information.. this decision issue many time repeated and repeated..
Old 09-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

It seems that really, the Mugen, Kyosho, and Jammin' cars take up the HUGE majority of the privateers in southern California.

arghh - In the eyes of all the magazines and an overwhelming percentage of the privateers I've talked to, the Jammin' and Kyosho cars are very close in performance, but with the Jammin' car (and parts!) being much less expensive.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK guys,

im having trouble making a decision. I getting rid of my Mayhem Pro. (the thing is way too fussy) and im stepping up.

i know the SP2 is more money, but i have never seen a jammin run. I know at least one of you has both buggys. can you give me some honest feedback on both.
Homer makes your decision easy. Buy an Xray from him!
Old 09-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

OK guys,

What you need to do is find out the pros and cons of both buggies and whatever one out wheighs the other then you make your decision based on that.All newer buggies are going to be similar and very competitive you need to remember that a good driver makes a bad buggy look good and a Bad driver can make a good buggy look bad. Base your choice on what makes sense for you parts avalibility,adjustability, dont make a choice just because a car won the worlds last year.Alot of people do~

I LOVE MY JAMMIN!!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

In the Toronto (Canada) area races I'm the only person with a Jammin and parts are very scarce. However, "I LOVE MY JAMMIN!!!!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.