Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Jammin X1 - so close yet so far >

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Old 10-28-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

exposure-your being to critical about this issue. this thread was designed for people to talk about the jammin x-1 xr, not ask a million useless questions and start sh*t with Waldron. hes just doing his job here.......

i definetly agree with Rysuleod here
Old 10-28-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Exposure
The "seperation" as Derek mentioned that Jay was very sensitive about it being a Jammin product and not an OFNA Product....why is he sensitive to this....wouldn't it be in Jammin's best interest to exploit the fact that they are owned and supported by OFNA?

You did forget one answer though..if you could get that for me...

Why should I buy this buggy over say a 9.5 or a Hyper..i know you havn't had any experience with them......what makes this car so special, "Super Dope" as you pointed out it in earlier posts? As I have driven Paul Coleman Hyper W04 and found it to be super stable everywhere and also very hard to get in touble with...Cmon' now give me the dirt.....and the low down... You've got my interest....but not fully!
I didn't mention a separation. It's something that they want to make known. For some reason OFNA has a lower quality reputation. And at this point not deservingly so. But it was made a point to me and other people in the industry that Jay designed the car. Sometimes companies don't design but import a car. Jammin designed this car.
Old 10-28-2004, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Sorry Derek it was poorly worded on my end...I know you didn't actually say that...you had just mentioned how Jay was Sensitive about the subject.

Maybe I am being a bit on the extreme side...I'm not trying to toss Aaron into the fire by any means, I just really want an unbiased honest opinion or even the truthful facts about the Jammin car as he is a driver.
Old 10-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I honestly think you are just trying to start something.

Let's be clear about some things that everyone knows and others just choose to ignore:

OFNA dont make a freaking part. They only distribute.

All Team Drivers will promote their products(thats their JOB)

Waldron is not an 1/8 proven racer(YET!!) but his 1/10 experience and record speaks for itself.

We are all human. So take a chill pill and stop trying to point out faults on another human being.

OFNA has been seen as the "cheap car" brand. Paul Coleman along with many others have been working their butt off to change that. The Hyper 7 that TQ'd the Worlds, and would have won by a landslide, was the OLD version.

And if you are looking for a long tiring debate bring it on over to SGrid.

Aaron, keep up the good work.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

eltorito - You're dialed..haha. Thanks!

exposure - Answers to well-said and open-ended questions are abundant here..but you have to watch what is said. Deal?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

OFNA as a brand will erase the BS reptuation they've gotten as "play cars" in no time. The Hyper line of buggies are very competitive (TQ of the Worlds!) and the Jammin' team is ready to do battle with the 2003 RC Pro Series National Champion X-1 CR
Old 10-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ho bao ofna cars are very nice.. I am not a fan of the 9.5 cars.. very bulky.. that is my concern.. that the x-1 cr may be bulky.. as it looks very similar to a 9.5 but yet not at all.. know what I mean.. it's totally different.. but there doesn't seem to be a streamline look to it.. maybe I saw the pictures incorrectly.. who knows
Old 10-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Not sure how anything can be much more stream-lined than this.

The X-1 uses the 9.5 wing..but that's about it
Old 10-28-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hmm.. okay.. I'll just have to wait to see it.. I remember thinking.. wow.. the suspension looks like a 9.5.. but that was a while ago..
Old 10-28-2004, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Mugen9112
exposure-your being to critical about this issue. this thread was designed for people to talk about the jammin x-1 xr, not ask a million useless questions and start sh*t with Waldron. hes just doing his job here.......

i definetly agree with Rysuleod here
actually, i started the thread to whine about the fact that RCCA had one at my track and wouldnt let me drive or see it
Old 10-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

warpig - Coincidentally, the rear suspension is kinda closer to a 777 than anything else, but other than that, it's all new from the ground up.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Aaron....we have a deal......so tell us about the buggy.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Hehe well..I'm sure I'll have a HUGE post tomorrow morning after I give it it's first beating..err...night of racing tonight

Do your ankles a favor and don't turn marshal for my first race tonight

(Disclaimer: I'm totally kidding about the beating and taking out turn-marshals..I've driven these cars before and I know how to use brakes..I'm actually very excited to put this car through its paces!)
Old 10-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Wow Aaron, we woulda never guess you driven a r/c car before
Old 10-30-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Whooooooa man tonight was out of control. Every time I walked off the drivers' stand after driving my new buggy my adrenaline was pumping like a skydiver and I had a grin from ear-to-ear.

Granted that I have no 1/8th scale experience to compare it to, but my car was VERY good. I was running too-thick shock oil and too-thin diff oil but my car was still very easy to drive, extremely planted, and accelerated like it got shot out of a cannon.

I didn't get a chance to practice before the races; I had a new gas truck motor to figure out and Jammin' Jay (along with my dad and Adam..the best pit crew ever!) was thrashing to get the last minute things done on my buggy. My first heat was a throw-out because I simply hadn't driven it before..and to tell you the truth, I crashed into just about everything there was on the track

The second round was different. I got to run in the previous heat just to get a little more track time, and then I put in a very respectable run in my second qualifying round to put my new buggy 4th on the grid for the A-main..in my first night with the buggy! I ran in the top three for the entire main (within sight of 2nd place finisher and fellow Jammin' team driver Dean Sexton) before retiring prematurely with a dead receiver pack, but man...it was sooooo cool.

I may not have gotten my cinderella story first run with the car, but I put in some great laps and learned invaluable experience. I plan on getting plenty of hours logged in with this new car through the winter months and I'll be coming out swingin' for the Nitro Challenge in February!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.