Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Whats the weight savings from a stock Jammin chasis to the light Jammin chasis?
Old 03-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mister-E
Dr Zairus,

Tx a lot for your opinion!

Are you saying that the Fioroni is lighter but less rigid comparing to the OFNA one? .
They cost both the same at A-Main, unless you have a better address where I can order the chassis.
There's 4 options:

-Regular RTR chasis: not good option.
-Pro chasis: a bit thicker, means heavier, but also more resistant. $87
-Lightened Pro chasis: lighter, also means less resistant. $114
-Fioroni lightened: also lighter, with a bit different machining. Always good quality. $ 114.

Of the two last ones, I'd get the Fioroni. But I still think the normal Pro is the best option, because it's cheaper and only a little bit heavier (hard to notice?), but it's more resistant, especially to stones when you bottom out.

I haven't heard good news of the Dragon Racing chasis. They say it's too soft (?).

You can try Carolinas, Nitrohouse, or especially good prices if you win the bid at ebay :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jammin-X1X-CR-Fa...QQcmdZViewItem

Hope all this helps!!

PS: I don't know the weight difference between these chasis, but as usual with these things, I doubt it's noticeable....
Old 03-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

PS: I don't know the weight difference between these chasis, but as usual with these things, I doubt it's noticeable....

Well, we'll see. I just weighed a brand new Jammin chasis at 10 3/4 oz. My light weight Jammin chasis will be here soon and I'll weigh that. Could be an oz or two lighter. Combined with everything else I have done, I'm hoping to drop 5-6 oz.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Well, we'll see. I just weighed a brand new Jammin chasis at 10 3/4 oz. My light weight Jammin chasis will be here soon and I'll weigh that. Could be an oz or two lighter. Combined with everything else I have done, I'm hoping to drop 5-6 oz.
Lighter is always better (if it doesn't afect durability), but do you really think you'll notice 5-6 oz , once you start ripping arround on a rough track??
Old 03-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS
Lighter is always better (if it doesn't afect durability), but do you really think you'll notice 5-6 oz , once you start ripping arround on a rough track??
This is not intirely true. If you want to lightn't or vehicle I would go with things that sit the highest on your car. Seeing that the chassis is the lowest part on your car I feel that might be a viable choice. If want to lightn't things it would be like stuff in the drive train.

Lighter in not better also if your car is so light it can effect your handling as well this mostly true in off road not so much for on road.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
This is not intirely true. If you want to lightn't or vehicle I would go with things that sit the highest on your car. Seeing that the chassis is the lowest part on your car I feel that might be a viable choice. If want to lightn't things it would be like stuff in the drive train.

Lighter in not better also if your car is so light it can effect your handling as well this mostly true in off road not so much for on road.
Yeah, I suggest you take the cooling head off of your engine. Dang, It's like a paper weight ontop of your car!
Old 03-15-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
Yeah, I suggest you take the cooling head off of your engine. Dang, It's like a paper weight ontop of your car!
Why do you have to be such a smart ass all the time.

Your results have gone nothing but down since you quit running your Jammin
Old 03-16-2008, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Jammin is the only chassis I will run/purchase and I would go with the PRO Light version. According to Chad Bradley, the only way to efficiently shave weight from x1cr is in the drivetrain. you DO NOT Want to raise the center of gravity by lightening every part on the car. It was'nt designed to be light, just remember every place you shave weight, you sacrifice integrity/durability and handling. I have the light center outdrives and 48t light spur to get and mines done in the drivetrain. Besides, the biggest weight saver you can do is Nimh to LIPO I believe besides the chassis replacement.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lightweight rear, center and front outdrives.
Lightweight universals for the rear, center and front.
Lightweight 48T spurgear.
Aluminum cross pin on the front, center and rear diff.
Titanium 8x12 countersunk screws on the rear, center and front diffs

Lightweight diff oil, does it exist?

Lightweight wheels, with foam insert.

That's the list of parts which I'm replacing as soon as the original part is worn out. I'm halfway now, while the chassis has the priority.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
Why do you have to be such a smart ass all the time.

Your results have gone nothing but down since you quit running your Jammin
You know I do, it's a sickness. and to be technical. My results were OK with the Jammin, they went up with the Xray, and then it dropped off with the Losi.

But I kicked A$$ with my Jammin CRT, that was my proudest monent in Racing was the Roar regionals.

Do you still have that jammin car?
Old 03-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
You know I do, it's a sickness. and to be technical. My results were OK with the Jammin, they went up with the Xray, and then it dropped off with the Losi.

But I kicked A$$ with my Jammin CRT, that was my proudest monent in Racing was the Roar regionals.

Do you still have that jammin car?
Oh yeah I do
Old 03-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Im glad I found this thread. Whats up with jammin? Ive been out for a while but I liked that car and truggy, now there is none. None on ebay, tons for sale all over the net and Not any pro drivers with them. Whats up? Did they all of a sudden started sucking or what?

Ive been looking at both a truggy and buggy but Im skeered.

Whats the deal?

Thanks
Old 03-16-2008, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

All the team drivers are switching to the new X versions and getting used to them. They will start winning again.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DR ZAIRUS
Yes, i think I'll notice it. The only way to find out is to try though I mean the weight savings of going to a lipo receiver pack is about 3/4 of an ounce (including voltage regulator) so F it, gonna try out the light stuff
Old 03-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just to show you im still alive guys !!

Well, finally done !! ... i just tested it outside the appartment and all seems OK, will touch dirt next weekend.

Im just painting the body and will be 100% ready. The engine and pipe its just temporal until i break inn the GO TECH .25 and .28 engine to fit on (with FEMCA 0801 pipe).

Here we go :

cya,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.