Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hudy or EDS

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I hv both sets of EDS and HUDY tools (metric ones only) and the tools bag. If there is one minor gripe, i wish the EDS tools bag surface wasnt made of fabric. Picks up grit too easily. Since HUDY tools seems to be the popular choice at the local tracks here, its good to keep an eye on other friends who borrow the tools and casually 'forget' to return them.

The HUDY reamer has been razor sharp since the day i bought it 5 YEARS AGO! never had to replace any of the tool tips on the HUDY and the edges are still crisp and sharp. If you factor in the high cost of buying them separately, i say its better to buy the whole set.

So is it EDS or HUDY? Either choice you wont be 'wrong'

IMO Hudy setup boards are still the industry standard, so if you compare the complete range of tools against EDS, Hudy is still the leader in RC tools
Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The limited edition hudy tools look great and feel light, plus they look amazing. I would love to get mine engraved they would look even better.

Good luck
Old 06-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

HUDY, MUGEN SEIKI, EDS, they are high quality RC tools and they will do just fine.

( No need to badmouth each other )

I own 2 set of Hudy, 1 set of Mugen Seiki, and few EDS. They are all good tools.

The screws are the one I have to toss out more often..... I discipline myself to toss them out as soon as the hexagonal holes are 20-30pct deformed.

You pay some premium for HUDY and MUGEN SEIKI brand name.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I remember a few years ago Tamiya had a set of TRF tools that came with their own foam lined tools case. that was really a cool feature since the tools matched up with the world famous blue shade of Tamiya.
I didnt get the personalized etched set of EDS tools but with some legwork and a few calls, I found out that some jewellery shops can etch my name on the handles of my EDS tools. Its much cheaper. I wish i knew this before scratching out my name on the HUDY
Old 06-10-2011, 01:35 AM
Tech Champion

EDS = GOOD quality, look good and without the price tag of the Hudy stuff... JMO

I have 3 EDS hex drivers and done a lot of wrenching with them - and they are still in top shape

If I ever needed any more tools I would not hesitate to buy more EDS stuff.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by asw7576
HUDY, MUGEN SEIKI, EDS, they are high quality RC tools and they will do just fine.

( No need to badmouth each other )

I own 2 set of Hudy, 1 set of Mugen Seiki, and few EDS. They are all good tools.

The screws are the one I have to toss out more often..... I discipline myself to toss them out as soon as the hexagonal holes are 20-30pct deformed.

You pay some premium for HUDY and MUGEN SEIKI brand name.
Agree.. Bad screws make for bad drivers.

I lean towards EDS... Hudy rocks too...
Old 06-10-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have the HUDY limited edition light weight set. It is GREAT!. Best thing is that I had EDS engrave them for me @ the Winter Nats in FT Myers FL. There is nothing wrong with EDS at all, but I would not trade them for my light weight set.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I've bought a set of EDS drivers and I bought the limited edition set from Hudy. I always use my Hudy tools whenever I'm wrenching on my RC's. The fit and finish is tangibly better. I've busted an EDS 2mm right in half trying to break a screw out of the chassis of my RC8Be. I felt the shaft bending but thought it could take it. I was wrong. The Hudy tools I've never even felt that bending in the shaft when breaking loose a screw.*

And when I only had my EDS set and was wrenching on my RC's, the EDS drivers woukd get stuck in the screw and I'd have try to break the driver loose without backing the screw out. It's a pain in the a#%!*

Since I got my limited edition Hudy set, I only use those drivers, and let my preteen nephews use my EDS drivers.*

You should really look at the limited edition set, especially if you run RC's that take metric screws (most do). The fit and finish of the drivers, the fact that I haven't had a Hudy driver get stuck in a screw. The compact size of the case and the lay out of the tools when in the case is really nice.

Bite the bullet, get the Hudy. No one ever regrets buying a set of Hudy tools, they just dont want to spend the extra money for it. Your only going to need 1 set of RC tools, buy the best. Then pick up the other tools you might need a piece at a time.*

Amain sells the set, try to score a coupon and get a better price on them.

Why settle and possibly regret it later?

You never hear anyone say "my xyz set of tools are better the Hudy's tools". You only ever hear them say "my xyz tools are as good." Hudy has always been the standard to which all other tools are compared to. Every above average manufacturer tries to make a tool comparable to Hudy at a better price point. They don't try to make a better tool, just a cheaper tool that's comparable.

Sorry everyone, didn't think I was going to write such a long post.

- Justin*
Old 06-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Who am I? My name is right there, nothing to hide. Or is that your name stefan. I see you on here a lot talking about everything and knowing nothing. There is a name for people in the states like you. We call them mavens. They know everything about everything but no nothing about nothing. Thanks for pointing that out for us on here. The owner's son just posted and basically pointed out that you know nothing. But you just move on and post something else stupid.

Sorry for this Bobby. You know what I am going to say. Go with HUDY, but its you choice.
Yes that is my name. At least it is a name.

I know that you are Burch's fuel bottle holder and I had the "pleasure" to see you on live rc during the worlds.

That showed me that you are all about show and trying to act cool, without a lot of substance.

We have a word for people like you as well, but you would get it anyways...
Old 06-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stefan

I know that you are Burch's fuel bottle holder and I had the "pleasure" to see you on live rc during the worlds.

That showed me that you are all about show and trying to act cool, without a lot of substance.

I am not just his fuel man. I race also. Have 3 National titles. Acting cool has nothing to do with it. It is about telling the truth, which you seem to have a problem with doing. All you do is bash Xray and Hudy on here. For the substance comment, We Won the worlds. That was no show or anyone trying to act cool. LiveRC was for fun we had a good time with it that's what Brandon the owner wanted.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

As far as the tool debate goes I sell Hudy, Mugen and Xceed. Funny thing is that when ever somebody breaks or wears out a tip they always replace it with a Hudy tip regardless of what brand wrench they stick it in. Couple races later they come over to let me know how much happier they are with the Hudy tip...
Old 06-10-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
I am not just his fuel man. I race also. Have 3 National titles. Acting cool has nothing to do with it. It is about telling the truth, which you seem to have a problem with doing. All you do is bash Xray and Hudy on here. For the substance comment, We Won the worlds. That was no show or anyone trying to act cool. LiveRC was for fun we had a good time with it that's what Brandon the owner wanted.
Originally Posted by stefan

Hey stefan how many national titles do you have?
Have you ever been part of a World/National Championship winning TEAM?
Just curious...
Drew is cool. Not just because his Mama named him Drew, he is just cool.
My name is Andrew Schweitzer
Old 06-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
Hey stefan how many national titles do you have?
Have you ever been part of a World/National Championship winning TEAM?
Not taking anybody’s side, interesting to know, if having national title gives somebody more credibility then to the average Joe without title? Are you proposing to bow to national title holders?
Will be interesting to know, what titles do you have to take any of your statements seriously?
Old 06-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
As far as the tool debate goes I sell Hudy, Mugen and Xceed. Funny thing is that when ever somebody breaks or wears out a tip they always replace it with a Hudy tip regardless of what brand wrench they stick it in. Couple races later they come over to let me know how much happier they are with the Hudy tip...
Not true. I replace it with an EDS tip... same freaking tip... 1/4 the price.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Not true. I replace it with an EDS tip... same freaking tip... 1/4 the price.
Exactly, the weak point in 99% of situations is the screw, its going to strip or break before the tip will on most tools, also it is where the tolerances will be weakest also, so the difference between Hudy or EDS is negligible at best and practically non existent with most mass produced screws on the market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.