Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who stickin it out with o donnell?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

NO- Odonnell is just in a holding pattern right now. The separation from Hobbico is not going as smoothly for Steve as it was supposed to. Hobbico wants rights to the molds and blah blah blah. If Steve loses rights to those, that is millions out of his pocket to get going on the cars again.

The company is not GONE... it is just in a holding pattern. I have several "little birdies" that are in the know. Basically, right now, there inst much available, but, it should be coming soon. Their are new things coming.

Hobbico owns the fuel... that isnt going anywhere.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

i just picked up a z01b team from rc tech for a hundred bucks. I cleaned it up changed flluds and it ran great. I had just a bout very brand of RC imaginable and this buggy drives better than most in my opinion. The only thing thats comparable to me is the D8 and rc8. My d8 is brushless now and I got rid of my RC8 years ago cuz it was fragile as sh!t. I am keeping my odonnell buggy and see what I can do on a club level.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default OD.Glow plugs..

I dont Know about anyone else But I have noticed a deffenet decline in the quality of the O'donnel glow pugs.
they Used to be great and I used to swaer by them But thesedays They have turned to crap I dont know If I got a faulty lot but they only lasted a few tanks compared to a few race days..NOT HAPPY...

Since I have gone to the RB.Race plugs And they shit all over the OD's...
Old 06-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miniracer23
I don't run the cars, but I do run the engines, and I plan on running them as long as I can. I've sent one back to Steve O and he has taken good care of me. The engines, in my opinion perform great.

A little birdie told me a while back that there was some new stuff coming out, so I'm still holding out hope.

Steve is a great guy, he takes good care of his costumers and stands by his products. I'm sure there is a good reason why he hasn't spoken up about the situation.
I did the same thing to my O'Donnell engine and he took great care of it, he's a cool guy with some great products.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trugsta
I dont Know about anyone else But I have noticed a deffenet decline in the quality of the O'donnel glow pugs.
they Used to be great and I used to swaer by them But thesedays They have turned to crap I dont know If I got a faulty lot but they only lasted a few tanks compared to a few race days..NOT HAPPY...

Since I have gone to the RB.Race plugs And they shit all over the OD's...
I love their glow plugs and i noticed the same thing, i was having to change them after every heat in my RB, and and after every every 3 heats in my P5. They were great glow plugs before and they lasted for a long time, i dont know what happened but I'm with you 100% of the way, not every happy about it.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it's a pity the way things are handled and at the worst moment too
O'donnell was just being liked by more drivers in the us, and the SG was up with the best
in Europe only a few have been sold, no interest at all
I wonder how they can keep going on..
Old 06-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

My Buddy spoke with Steve he was saying there were issues with the speed blend and not to buy due to mixing issues and inconsistency. This makes complete sense now a lot of time and money is involved would be mad
Old 06-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have been running speed blend since it was released and I have not had one problem with it. Nor has any quart been non consistent; my tune has stayed the same throughout. The only variable has been the weather.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
My Buddy spoke with Steve he was saying there were issues with the speed blend and not to buy due to mixing issues and inconsistency. This makes complete sense now a lot of time and money is involved would be mad
I experienced this with the original OD fuel, not the Speed blend. So far, I haven't seen a noticeable difference from bottle to bottle.

Anyone can have mixing trouble though.....heck, remember the Torco headaches shortly after that fuel was released? Seems like that's been taken care of.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how can i make my own fuel?

do i just get nitromethane, methanol and castor and mix it up?
Old 06-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Tech Initiate

I would just like to know where their #1 fan and self proclaimed cheerleader, Jon Moore, is at. God help us all if he left the OD camp.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Steve is the Man.....

I talked with Steve on the phone one time and realized just how friendly he is. He listened to me and gave me the best customer service Ive ever had.

He would be wise to get away from Hobbico. They have never been a good company to be assoiated with and I predict Steve will come out shining like he always does.

Hopefully he will make a new .21 off road motor...3 and 5 port.....

His own Fuel....Forget hobbico.....

New plugs...I liked the 87t's for example and simplify the line...Cold, med, hot.. standard turbo....
Old 06-09-2011, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by patmyas1
I would just like to know where their #1 fan and self proclaimed cheerleader, Jon Moore, is at. God help us all if he left the OD camp.
I believe Jon Moore went to Kyosho...
Old 06-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

I find it hard to believe that there is any type of court order preventing Steve from speaking concerning the future of O'Donnell vehicle products. It would behoove Steve to hold onto the faithful by posting some revenant information here and other places. His failure to do so doesn't inspire confidence that O’Donnell will return. Statements from people close to him don’t cut it.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
I find it hard to believe that there is any type of court order preventing Steve from speaking concerning the future of O'Donnell vehicle products. It would behoove Steve to hold onto the faithful by posting some revenant information here and other places. His failure to do so doesn't inspire confidence that O’Donnell will return. Statements from people close to him don’t cut it.
court order is court order. He cant risk anything more than what is already at risk.

And if you check on here... Steve doesnt exactly get on and post... ever. He will contact individuals through PM, or phone call. BUT-he does not post out in the open... that is like suicide for someone of his stature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.