Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Tommy Kraimer!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Sounds awesome, Tommy. Can't wait to get mine!

Can you include a couple of extra arms in my order?
I've heard that the car features the TKX-3 leg system instead of conventional suspension arms. I've been told the third leg offers some exciting length adjustments to handle squat and dive.
Old 12-16-2011, 04:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Ha!

Because of the 3 shock system, I already gave this edition the nickname "Tripod".
Old 12-16-2011, 05:23 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by zaraz
back to who makes this new car, is it under your own company, or is it a yokomo, 3 racing etc, just want to know the constructor, thanks
It will be released under the new TKR LLC company. We will be based in USA for. Now
Old 12-16-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I want to thank Mr. Kraimer for the opportunity to run this car in the USA. If any of the US Guys are running the car and have problems, please find me either by e-mail or pm, or if I'm at your track come on over if you have any questions or concerns. I'm here to help Tommy help you!

Tommy- I opened the box and literally cried. It's such a simple and yet complex design, but makes so much sense. I wonder why other companies haven't thought of this yet! The metal used is so pure. The carbon is so stiff. The TKX-10 Deck and TKx-10 Spool would make any CAD designer jealous. No wonder why you're so good!

I quit my job so I can be just like you. I'm going to build this car today, and get ready for the first track test tomorrow after mentally preparing all night. I may need sports psychology to handle how fast I'm going to be!!!!1
Old 12-16-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zaner24
I'm going to build this car today, and get ready for the first track test tomorrow after mentally preparing all night. I may need sports psychology to handle how fast I'm going to be!!!!1
Red Bull all night tonight, and Gatorade all day tomorrow. Study up, you have a legend's reputation to uphold kid...........
Old 12-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

so when is the car getting released and what is the price, and will you ship to canada thanks
Old 12-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Damn i just ordered a tc6.1...
Old 12-16-2011, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Would like a slipper rear spool for increased traction on low-grip surfaces. I hope there is enough slop in key areas as well.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:25 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by zaraz
so when is the car getting released and what is the price, and will you ship to canada thanks
Right now we are just getting the team kits out. Release date is Feb of 2012, website should be up soon. We have to make sure we have enough parts for suppliers. We are also working on some minor revisions that our team drivers are submitting to us, hopefull we can just incorporate the running changes.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:27 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Zaner24
I want to thank Mr. Kraimer for the opportunity to run this car in the USA. If any of the US Guys are running the car and have problems, please find me either by e-mail or pm, or if I'm at your track come on over if you have any questions or concerns. I'm here to help Tommy help you!

Tommy- I opened the box and literally cried. It's such a simple and yet complex design, but makes so much sense. I wonder why other companies haven't thought of this yet! The metal used is so pure. The carbon is so stiff. The TKX-10 Deck and TKx-10 Spool would make any CAD designer jealous. No wonder why you're so good!

I quit my job so I can be just like you. I'm going to build this car today, and get ready for the first track test tomorrow after mentally preparing all night. I may need sports psychology to handle how fast I'm going to be!!!!1
Glad to have you on board. it has been a long and tiring process to get this kit done and out to some drivers for testing. I am glad to hear that you are impressed with all the design innovations can't wait for your first team report!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:37 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
Would like a slipper rear spool for increased traction on low-grip surfaces. I hope there is enough slop in key areas as well.
Interesting you said that. We are working on a slipper rear spool now, hopefull we can have it finished for the fall racing season of 2012.

As far as slop, we have used the highest quality products to construct our kits. We have managed to keep slop to a minimum. One area that we worked very hard on was the new 2 link steering system. basicly with the use of 2 links we can have more ackerman adjustments as well a bump steer and help protect the servo from damage with its center mounted design. Also provides perfect weight balance. Plus with less links, you have less overall slop in your steering.

I also saw someone ask about price.

Retail will be 649.99
Includes full kit, front and rear spools, front diff, extra TKR Caster spacers for up to 10 degrees of caster, optional rear hubs 1-3 degrees, roll center adjusters, and shock, diff, and dampening tube fluids.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Tommy,

Any chance of getting a US team together? If so, when can i send in my resume? thanks
Old 12-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
Tommy are you going to be at the Champs?
Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
Well??????
Hey chubs just ask him at home you are both posting from the same ip address

This thread is done and tommy's account is banned. Any one else posting from 2 accounts will get both accounts banned.