Wiki Posts
Search

2011 ROAR Electric On-road Paved Nationals at Jackson R/C, NJ 7/28-31

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 11:53 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
All - there was a thread on the roar forums about sandbagging etc. Please please log into the Roar forum and express your concerns. They are paying attention and trying to make things better. Yesterday Steve Pond posted the following. It was so well written that I cannot help but want to share it with the rctech universe.
Steve should have been a politician from reading that! LOL

EA
Old 07-14-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't have the stomach for politics. But it's a pretty lucrative job out here in the land of fruits and dingle-berries, from what I understand. You get to give yourself raises... how cool is that?!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hello Steve Pond and a suggestion for ROAR. How about for "stock" class races at a national level, eliminate the temptation for "sponsored" to register for the class by enforcing a "no promotion" rule. Stock racers are prohibited to wear or advertise any team promotional apparel items or promotional stickers on the cars. Any manufacturer sponsoring a driver will not appreciate said driver racing in a class that the manufacturer will not get any press. By doing so, the manufacturers will encourage the distinction between "expert" racing classes and non-expert.

Those who register for "stock" will each receive as part of their entrance fee an official ROAR Sandbagger Tee shirt. Just kidding on the Sandbagger but a ROAR Racer Tee Shirt to help distinguish the classes and give a professional look to the stock class's.

Can't wait for this event and look forward to racing 1/12th scale. So if I sign up for 1/12th mod and take Joel out in the first corner, does that make mean Sandbagger or just a New Yorker. welcome back to jersey Joel! Haha
Old 07-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 171 (100%+)

I would like to know if Steve Pond is going to show up for this race.. Would be nice and it's been a very long time. Steve are you ready to snap some necks (INSIDE JOKE HAD TO BE THERE)
Old 07-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So since i have no chassis sponsor for sedan can i run 17.5 in addition to my other classes I dont see it posted that i can not?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Haynes
So since i have no chassis sponsor for sedan can i run 17.5 in addition to my other classes I dont see it posted that i can not?
Sorry Haynes Past champs can not sandbag stock.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
Sorry Haynes Past champs can not sandbag stock.
But i dont have any roar stock titles.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got a technical question primarily directed at the Tekin drivers. Last weekend the speedo I was gonna use at the Nats met an untimely end (was not a Tekin) when the car I was practicing came to an abrupt stop, shame the marshall survived, my speedo however did not Anyway, last time for me at Jackson my Tekin RS (non pro) kept shutting down and forced me to "dumb down" my motor choice to finish out the day. Question is are any of you guys doing anything (fans on speedo,,,,etc) to help keep the temps down. Gotta figure this out before the big weekend. Any and all suggestions welcome.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spurcheck
Got a technical question primarily directed at the Tekin drivers. Last weekend the speedo I was gonna use at the Nats met an untimely end (was not a Tekin) when the car I was practicing came to an abrupt stop, shame the marshall survived, my speedo however did not Anyway, last time for me at Jackson my Tekin RS (non pro) kept shutting down and forced me to "dumb down" my motor choice to finish out the day. Question is are any of you guys doing anything (fans on speedo,,,,etc) to help keep the temps down. Gotta figure this out before the big weekend. Any and all suggestions welcome.
I've had a similar situation. I would try a receiver pack and see if that helps. Not as a solution but as a test.

Regards
Jerry
Old 07-14-2011, 07:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

U need to run two caps. This is key!
I also run a motor fan but have it blowing on the posts.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:12 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Hello Steve Pond and a suggestion for ROAR. How about for "stock" class races at a national level, eliminate the temptation for "sponsored" to register for the class by enforcing a "no promotion" rule. Stock racers are prohibited to wear or advertise any team promotional apparel items or promotional stickers on the cars. Any manufacturer sponsoring a driver will not appreciate said driver racing in a class that the manufacturer will not get any press. By doing so, the manufacturers will encourage the distinction between "expert" racing classes and non-expert.

Those who register for "stock" will each receive as part of their entrance fee an official ROAR Sandbagger Tee shirt. Just kidding on the Sandbagger but a ROAR Racer Tee Shirt to help distinguish the classes and give a professional look to the stock class's.

Can't wait for this event and look forward to racing 1/12th scale. So if I sign up for 1/12th mod and take Joel out in the first corner, does that make mean Sandbagger or just a New Yorker. welcome back to jersey Joel! Haha
There is a stock class for this. Its called "Sportsman Stock" in the rule book and has a set of rules for it. It was not setup as a class at this race or the Carpet nats this year.

EA
Old 07-14-2011, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
U need to run two caps. This is key!
I also run a motor fan but have it blowing on the posts.
+1 for Mike's comments

how much motor were you running? the non-Pro can only handle down to a 6.5t
Old 07-14-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
There is a stock class for this. Its called "Sportsman Stock" in the rule book and has a set of rules for it. It was not setup as a class at this race or the Carpet nats this year.

EA
That's what happens when you take a break from racing for a few years. Problem is there are too many classes. Just run mod and be done with it
Old 07-15-2011, 06:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Do you think the speedo is thermalling? there are lights to indicate the internal temperature. Are you using turbo and boost as well? I would say that an RS in the summer you may want to limit to a 10.5 if you are running a lot of timing.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Almost at 100 Entries, 2 weeks until quals kick off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.