Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 1:10 F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Anyone find a solution for the arm extensions moving (step A2 in the manual)?

With just the 2 screws for mounting, with any contact, these extensions have enough play to "angle" backwards during a race. This will throw off your toe, trim, and steering.

The temporary solution is to angle them back as far as they can go in assembly, so that they can't move back any further during a race. Set all your toe, trim, etc. with the extensions in that "back" position.

A third point of contact is needed with 3 screws (L-shaped extension), or a pin/boss that locks into the carbon piece.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

A simple solution is to use as maximum the 2mm extensions (1mm is even better), and add extra shimms under the steering block, or raise the complete under arms. You also have to adjust the length of the steering pin to retain the right spring tension.
I know Serpent is aware of this and works on a solution.

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
Anyone find a solution for the arm extensions moving (step A2 in the manual)?

With just the 2 screws for mounting, with any contact, these extensions have enough play to "angle" backwards during a race. This will throw off your toe, trim, and steering.

The temporary solution is to angle them back as far as they can go in assembly, so that they can't move back any further during a race. Set all your toe, trim, etc. with the extensions in that "back" position.

A third point of contact is needed with 3 screws (L-shaped extension), or a pin/boss that locks into the carbon piece.
Old 12-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I took my serpent out for the first time yesterday. I was surprise how easy it was to setup. this is the best F1 I ever drove.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rack
I took my serpent out for the first time yesterday. I was surprise how easy it was to setup. this is the best F1 I ever drove.
what body and tires did you use?
Old 12-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

The body Tamiya Set Vodafone McLaren - Mercedes MP4-24 and the tires Shimizu Racing PS-0572 rears and Shimizu Racing PS-0571 fronts
Old 12-03-2013, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thanks ordering my in the am. also will a 1/12 scale servo work in it?
Old 12-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
No. Not without modification. A standard size is what you need and you'll need to trim off the bottom mounting lug as per the manual. No dramas as you can pickup a replacement case for most servos if you want to use it in another car in the future. You don't need a super dooper servo in the F110 anyway - I just use a low profile sanwa servo in mine.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gearhead_22
Originally Posted by dan_vector
No. Not without modification. A standard size is what you need and you'll need to trim off the bottom mounting lug as per the manual. No dramas as you can pickup a replacement case for most servos if you want to use it in another car in the future. You don't need a super dooper servo in the F110 anyway - I just use a low profile sanwa servo in mine.
A low profile servo is the best option, for weight and that little bit of extra room on chassis. Just a hint when doing the servo put double sided tape on the bottom face of the servo ( where the lugs have been removed ) doing this eliminates the movement of the servo, when the steering is put under stress, say hard turning the servo moves at the base.

After just finishing our on road and F1 national titles the most important part of this car is TYRES, we had to choose our own compounds for the meeting and only two sets where to be put up for marking, so thinking the temps would be around and above the 24 deg C mark I choose RIDE R1's as my compound, FAIL, the temps for the first three days didn't get above 19 deg C and spot rain falls. I was chasing set up for this, trying every spring combo I had and setup trick to compansate with little reward, 12 laps was my best right up until finals.
The temps for sundays heat and semis where even colder, but just before the finals the temps suddenly jumped to 26 deg C, just this change in temp alone in the A 1 final gained me 2 laps extra to 14. In the end with the new found grip and changes to basic set up of soft front RIDE springs and soft TAMIYA rear spring I placed equal 3rd and after count back on times was placed 4th by mere seconds.
This was a big learning curve for me and at the end of it all I have learnt so much more, a big plus in this F1 game.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

I just raced at a club meet with around 20 entries in F1. Completely agree about tyres being the biggest tuning option! The day was really warm and Ride R1's were hooking up extremely well, I could use full throttle earlier than most out of the corners and the car was planted. I'm using the default asphalt setup and couldn't be happier!
Old 12-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Where do you guys get springs? I thought the kit would come with all extra springs but it didn't.. And I can't seem to find the optional springs anywhere.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by snuvet75
Where do you guys get springs? I thought the kit would come with all extra springs but it didn't.. And I can't seem to find the optional springs anywhere.
Most side springs used in 1/12 and F1 are compatible. I use CRC ones.

however if you want to buy the real thing, you may get them here:
http://www.the-border.com/Serpent-F110-Formula/
Old 12-05-2013, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by snuvet75
I get mine from walter rc here in australia

from this page on are the parts you require

http://www.walterrchobby.com.au/inde...l?limit=30&p=8

Also here

http://www.rcmart.com/serpent-serpen..._534_1627.html

And here for all distributors world wide

serpent.com/company/distributors/

I also use the front RIDE spring kit

http://www.rcmart.com/ride-28005-fro...g-p-32128.html

Cheers
Will
Old 12-05-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Well SERPENT have finially brought out their body for the F110.

http://serpent.com/product/170327/

Now I'm not a fan already but for those who like the old sckool it would be perfect, it runs along the lines of the 3Racing F113 just by the looks of it.

I would prefer one along the lines of the SP F-68 probally because I just love that body shaping being a newer look F1, but everyone is different. At this time unsure when it will be on the maket but I'd say this will be part of the RTR launch and this will be the body supplied in the kit, just my thought.....
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 1:10 F1-1234577995b.jpg  
Old 12-07-2013, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am giving myself as Christmas present a F110 and i have some doubts,

can i use F104 wings??
For Ride R1 Tyres in asphalt what springs will I need, I am talking about front and side springs, as I have a lot options for central sping.
For blinky 21.5T what is a good body?

regards
Old 12-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jimjav
I am giving myself as Christmas present a F110 and i have some doubts,

can i use F104 wings??
For Ride R1 Tyres in asphalt what springs will I need, I am talking about front and side springs, as I have a lot options for central sping.
For blinky 21.5T what is a good body?

regards
I use the Tamiya F104 Ferrari body and use the tamiya front and rear wings that come with the body kit. I run totally stock asphalt setup and have changed side and front springs but always ended up back to stock setup. I'm very happy with mine. I also have the blitz f1 shell which I'll use the serpent wings and I will probably get the serpent shell as well to try. So far so good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.