Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
losi 8ight 2.0 clutch ? >

losi 8ight 2.0 clutch ?

losi 8ight 2.0 clutch ?

Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default losi 8ight 2.0 clutch ?

Does anyone know if you can take a clutch set-up that was used in a rc8b, its got everything but the clutch bell, i have a clutch bell for the 8ight 2.0.

but i dont know if it will work, i dont know why it wouldnt because i can see the clutch bell being different, but wouldnt all the big companys like team assoc. and tlr would be pretty much the same and i think that you could.

but if you have tryed this and know if it works or not, will you please let me know, cuz everyone i ask say that they dont know why it wouldnt work ya know.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Losi bell is a unique shape among the industry. My guess is it will not work. There may also be an issue with flywheel spacing on the chassis as well. It's worth a shot, and may be doable with an RC8 bell, but my guess since the Losi has a long, unique shape, it won't work out.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

i have the bell from the engine i took of the losi, its just the flywheel and clutch set-up that i dont know if it will work. like im putting my clutch bell on the engine, im not getting the rc8b clutch bell, its just the clutch and flywheel.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by AMorgan
The Losi bell is a unique shape among the industry. My guess is it will not work. There may also be an issue with flywheel spacing on the chassis as well. It's worth a shot, and may be doable with an RC8 bell, but my guess since the Losi has a long, unique shape, it won't work out.
so you think that i will have toi buy a clutch and a flywheel for the losi, because you think the flywheel while rub on the chassis. its maybe to big for my flywheel opening on the bottom of the buggie.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would get ALL Losi stuff then if you have a problem, like at the track anyone can help you figure it out or give you some parts
Old 05-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Adept

So I'm not sure this is corret but my friend that's sponsered said that it should be the same clutch set up and shit but if it doesn't work I will go with all losi like you said man
Old 05-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I think it will work as long as the losi clutch bell is on. I wanted to try a three shoe clutch setup also but haven't gotten around to it. Good luck and let us know the outcome.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Tech Adept

Will do, I should be getting it Friday or saterday. So ill let you know