GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information

Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Havy is not running your brand spooky.

He has the freedom to choose!
Old 06-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Let’s just call this thread for what it really is -

We have a competitor that is trying to get more market share by excluding our products under the banner of "spec tires make it more fair," followed by a self-serving pitch to use their tires as the spec tire.

Why is it that the only product in this category in which racers won't have a choice at your race, is tires?

It's because our competitors are trying very hard to make it that way, and it's because many GT racers feel Ipanema has a superior GT racing product.

The only way they can "compete" is by not allowing Ipanema to attend.
Attached Thumbnails GT 1/8 Scale Rules and Set-Up Information-ipanema-2011-wide-gt-slicks.jpg  
Old 06-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jeff you should do like the other company ..just make your own thread of your products ..just saying
Old 06-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
Jeff you should do like the other company ..just make your own thread of your products ..just saying
Thanks Bobby, just here to expose this thread for what it really is and why they started it.

The only way they can "compete" is by not allowing the competition.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Tech Champion

Obnoxious.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Thanks Bobby, just here to expose this thread for what it really is and why they started it.

The only way they can "compete" is by not allowing the competition.
I hear you and understand what you are doing but just let this thread be and start one of your own....like Bobby said, that way you don't have to go back and forth with the competition just let them be and keep moving on with your product.No need to defend your self or your product on any forum, your product can speak for it self.

We don't see kyosho or ofna going back and forth on threads about what car is better or to defend there product.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Let's drop it and move on
Old 06-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Suspended

Jspeed

Did u read the 1st page of this thread??

Only person continually starting scrap is YOU

Are you really this retarded ...... when your mommy told
You NO did you throw tantrums then too?

Let me help you, most people will not use your
products because you are by far the biggest asshole
Anyone has ever seen

Take a lesson from all the other companys that advertise

Just to add your so called world and national races are BS
They are sanctioned by NOBODY

YOU YOURSELF DIDNT EVEN ATTEND YOUR OWN EVENT

WHY DONT U START THE JSPEED ASSHOLE THREAD INSTEAD OF
TRYING TO INFECT OTHERS

I APOLOGIZE TO CLETE AND OTHERS THAT ARE ON THIS THREAD
FOR SETUP HELP BUT THIS GUY IS TO MUCH
Old 06-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok now let get back to GT racing and setups...Clete have started a new era here for GT Racing so lets keep it positive ..again if you a mannufarture or owner of brand start your own thread and the product speak for itself
Old 06-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Paul, didn't you learn your lesson from the last time you had two user names? LOL
Old 06-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Clete and the NW didn't start anything in GT racing. Period!

On page #1 on this thread its understood that the class was started in North America by the guys in the Midwest Series, the oldest R/C racing series on earth.

To be exact, GT racing was started by Bernie Hoogstra (BubbaCola) and the guys at Leisure Hours in Joliet Il.

After that the GT racing concept was picked up on by myself, Steve Pond & Joel Johnson. Together, the four of us worked together to start GT racing on an American national level.

From there it went International and its been growing great.

As far as these guys that want to spec our products out of their events....

They didn't even know how to spell "GT" before we made our class.

Have fun, we welcome our competitors to try and best us in any open tire GT race. Any time, any place!!

PS. paulie, got a new screen name huh?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't include my name. LOL. I'm just a casual observer and I don't make any claims about starting the class or anything like that. I'm just happy to see the class growing, and although it could do without some of the drama, it's good to see more people running GT cars. I think as long as the class doesn't get too "pro," it's got a chance.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry Steve, I guess I should have listened and made a spec tire rule from day one. I guess thats the way that company wants to play.

Pretty sleazy on their behalf, since we welcomed them to be part of our events to help grow the class too.

Anyway, doesn't matter much, this is really a regional thread and has nothing to do with our American National or International GT racing community.

Have fun!
Old 06-28-2011, 05:02 PM
Suspended

Red face

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Sorry Steve, I guess I should have listened and made a spec tire rule from day one. I guess thats the way that company wants to play.

Pretty sleazy on their behalf, since we welcomed them to be part of our events to help grow the class too.

Anyway, doesn't matter much, this is really a regional thread and has nothing to do with our American National or International GT racing community.

Have fun!
Let’s get this straight for all to see ………………

JSPEED JUST SAID THE NW REGIONAL RACERS HAVE NOTHING to do with our American National or International GT racing community.

You also claim that you started GT racing ????

You are a complete wack job!!!!

SINCE YOU MUST BE A NEWBIE

SPEC TIRE RACING HAPPENS EVERYDAY GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF SINTEC TIRES WERE SELECTED YOU WOULD STILL BE DRUNK.

DO YOU SEE ANY RACERS COMPLAINING?

JSPEED DO US ALL A FAVOR

GROW UP
Old 06-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Smile You are Dead to Me

Wow...Once again we go from having fun to this kind of thread bullshit...
And guess who is in the thick of it... Surprise, Surprise....

JEFF you have made a lot of enemies here in the Northwest in just 2 months... impressive... You even called out the TimeZone owners, some of the best, if not the best people in RC today.. nice... Classy...These folks are some of my best friends...So, I too am in disgust of your products and name.. I will never be a client of yours
No CLETE and the folks from the northwest did not start GT....but we liked the idea and thought it would be fun for the guy who was on a tight budget to get into Nitro RC Car Racing..
Since I started this thread.. I have got great information from so many of you, thank you, and please continue to help us grow!
We have passed this on to others in hopes of growing the class and making new friends.
But you Jeff.. all you tell me in PM’s, as long as my arm!... is how much better you products are… how much everyone sucks and don’t know shit… topped off with racist remarks.. What person in their right mind makes fun of thier clients and competitors with those kind of remarks confused::…You are truly amazing…
Please Jeff.. go start a thread, I think that is a awesome idea… Leave us alone.. please don’t PM me anymore with your nasty comments and BS…

TO all the others that have helped us out… Again, please keep it going, we are having a blast..and are learning new stuff all the time… for those of you coming to the GP race… SWEET! I am stoked to get my ass handed to me and learn a lot more from you to make us that much better… We race clean..and laugh hard…bring you’re A game and a appetite… we like to BBQ..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.