Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fuel tank question

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default fuel tank question

If i plug one of the fuel outlets, submerge the tank in water and blow through the pressure nipple with fuel tubing and there are no bubbles, does that mean my tank has no leaks? I know it sounds like a dumb question but maybe pressure from the pipe is more then i can blow?

not looking for a leak, just going over my stuff and my tanks are old so i tried it and no bubbles.

And is it ok to remove the rubber thingy?
Old 05-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Old 05-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ya your safe, there's not alot of preasure that makes it into the tank from the pipe...so as long as you have at least 1/2 a lung, you can blow hard enough (insert your own wise ass comment here, i'm trying not to for the sake of being polite )

now as far as pulling out your "rubber thingy"....ummmm..... wrong website to be talking like that on.....
Old 05-16-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Not so fast... I just had this issue with my 8T 2.0 where my engine would bog when punching it from time to time. I did the same tank test, sealed my motor, took a shim out. Nothing worked... I picked up a new tank off eBay and put it in and bammm - problem gone. Either the fuel line was bad or the internals to the tank. Regardless, the new tank fixed the issue.