Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

thanks for the feedback, I'm going to be looking or one. I'm up in the air as what to do for a chassis, leave it stock or go with mckune or exotek. I do think the arms will be replaced no matter what, as I'd prefer not to replace those very often and I trust the exotek and other aftermarket more than the 3racing arms.... I'm going to read more on this car and new comings for it as time permits, its been a few months since I kept up with it.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeR
F104 based cars are king still at TQ. High grip and pan cars are a force here. When the UF1 series heads out doors that's when the FGX will shine.
this was one of the comments I read before, along with a comment from texastc back in Feb with the pan car style edging out these on carpet.

Just wanted to see what I'd missed, or if the newer chassis' had changed that. I know Timezone is a bit bigger than MRH, so maybe that's part of the difference..or maybe its just guys know how to set these up there. No one here has one yet, and only one other racer I know of that I raced with had one at another track
Old 04-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Progress on my FGX Some of the stripes came out wider than I liked but the next size down that I had was too small...So anyway the Lotus Renault FGX

Old 04-21-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
thanks for the feedback, I'm going to be looking or one. I'm up in the air as what to do for a chassis, leave it stock or go with mckune or exotek. I do think the arms will be replaced no matter what, as I'd prefer not to replace those very often and I trust the exotek and other aftermarket more than the 3racing arms.... I'm going to read more on this car and new comings for it as time permits, its been a few months since I kept up with it.
I have 2 and both are McKune conversions. I don't regret this decision at all. Since adding the Exotek lower front braces last month the front arm breakage issue is non existent. And let me tell you, I've tried. I run on carpet so my cars are pretty stiff. On our track I turn laps that are .8 a lap slower on average than my WGT car and most of that is lost on the straight from the shear grunt of the 13.5. Both FGXs are tuned exactly the same and in the hands of different very skilled drivers (Ian, Mike and CD) they run near identical laps.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Progress on my FGX Some of the stripes came out wider than I liked but the next size down that I had was too small...So anyway the Lotus Renault FGX

Very nice start!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

looks great!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Rookie

Afternoon fellow 3 Racing F1'ers

Im hoping to buy my first RC F1 kit this week at some point but want to make sure i get the right kit .. eg newest one on market..

ive read through countless post on here and it seems to be that the newest of the kits is the 3Racing Sakura FGX? as seen on Timezomehobbies .. im also looking to upgrade the standard plastic items at the same time for carbon fiber decks.. recommendations for these? (Mckune i noticed does a kit but out of stock) id prefer to buy the kit and upgrades same place if atall possible.. so if you can also recommend online retailors

Cheers
Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
this was one of the comments I read before, along with a comment from texastc back in Feb with the pan car style edging out these on carpet.

Just wanted to see what I'd missed, or if the newer chassis' had changed that. I know Timezone is a bit bigger than MRH, so maybe that's part of the difference..or maybe its just guys know how to set these up there. No one here has one yet, and only one other racer I know of that I raced with had one at another track
I race at the same track as texastc and with a stock fgx the best lap times I could get where .4 slower than my f103. Add the McKune chassis and the fgx can match the f103 best lap and is way more consistent so the entire run is much faster overall. Another fast dallas f1 racer has an f104wgp and he pulled off one 11.6 where my best McKune fgx lap is 11.7. So the two platforms are pretty eqaul. And the fgx plus McKune costs a little less that a pro version tamia chassis.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Nice job so far Gadgt!! Can't wait to see the finished car, and read what you think about it's performance!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Nice lookin lotus, you goin with the iceman helmet?
Old 04-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

were you inspired by the race today!!
Old 04-22-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

InspGadgt : may I ask the width of tape you used for the stripes ?

I am expecting my paints to arrive in the next day or two, so I'll need to purchase some tape to start the masking. I have some F1paintlab Lotus decals awaiting a body shell........
Old 04-22-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Champion

Got alot of work done today on my IFS conversion!
features adjustable preload via plate slider, droop screws and although i havent tried yet i think i can fit a set of original long shaft shocks on it too. im just concerned about clearance under the driver. Its really smooth, cant wait to test on tuesday!

Old 04-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Looks awesome!!! You must have a CNC machine at your disposal?
Old 04-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by pejota
Looks awesome!!! You must have a CNC machine at your disposal?

I own RCShox.com, i have a 4 axis CNC mill, about to get another one in a few months!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.