Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 02:06 PM
tc4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

TC4.....the website is in my signiture www.coolcanfan.com
Yeah sorry i realised that just after i posted.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:20 PM
tc4
Tech Addict

Also if i am running a spool at the front how can i stop the off-power push. Would running a 41t pulley help?
Old 09-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The overdrive would help, you could also add some kick up and or go to more inboard toe out.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

MY JRXS kit brand new on ebay!! PLEASE BUY!! I gotta sell it need the cash!!
CHEAPEST PRICE ON EBAY!! $330 Buy It Now!!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
Old 09-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc4
Yeah sorry i realised that just after i posted.
Hey no probs, just make sure you take off your shades when getting in from work/racing
Cheers Malc
Old 09-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Please explain the extra holes, where, any pics ? Thanks JW.
Hi
The extra holes are to be made are behind the original steering linkage holes in the top deck. What it actually does, is to straighten up the steering arms (depending if you have the wishbones to the middle settings on the chassis of course) from centre of the original holes to the centre of the new holes is 4mm There is very little room for error on the original top deck. You will note on our IDCCF (Intergrated Double Cool Can Fan) unit (picture below) that the voids have bee made smaller to accomodate the extra holes if you are interested and would like to purchase one of these, please view the website in my signiture
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN

Take a look at this link, as it shows a IDCCF in situ
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Team-Losi-JRXS-wi...QQcmdZViewItem
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
JRXS IDCCF BRACKET 5.bmp (34.3 KB, 92 views)
Old 09-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc4
Also if i am running a spool at the front how can i stop the off-power push. Would running a 41t pulley help?
Hi
Most definately it will help to put a 41 pulley in the front only, as this will give you more steering.
Cheers Malc
Old 09-27-2006, 05:42 PM
tc4
Tech Addict

Would that help both on power and off power steering.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc4
Would that help both on power and off power steering.

Its more evident coming off the corner but you can feel it help getting into the turn as well. With a spool and the 41 tooth pulley, your car feels like it jumps off of the corners. Try it and I think you will like it.

BTW--for you guys following this past weekends IIC race. The rear motor car is awesome!!!! But.......the standard front motor car was in the thick of the hunt all week as well. Mike Haynes, Craig X, Keith B and Patrick See's cars were all fast and they were wheeling them like pros!! Lets just call me and Yeti and a few of the others semi-pros!! LMAO Don't sell your old car but do pick up one of the new cars. Keith B's and Craig X's car really seemed to rotate better as they were using the new style narrow diff set ups. Plus they were running foams and the rest of us were running rubber tires. So remember.......New car is Da Shizzle!!! And the Old car is still good but will be better once we upgrade to the new style diffs. JMO

Brant
Old 09-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Its more evident coming off the corner but you can feel it help getting into the turn as well. With a spool and the 41 tooth pulley, your car feels like it jumps off of the corners. Try it and I think you will like it.

BTW--for you guys following this past weekends IIC race. The rear motor car is awesome!!!! But.......the standard front motor car was in the thick of the hunt all week as well. Mike Haynes, Craig X, Keith B and Patrick See's cars were all fast and they were wheeling them like pros!! Lets just call me and Yeti and a few of the others semi-pros!! LMAO Don't sell your old car but do pick up one of the new cars. Keith B's and Craig X's car really seemed to rotate better as they were using the new style narrow diff set ups. Plus they were running foams and the rest of us were running rubber tires. So remember.......New car is Da Shizzle!!! And the Old car is still good but will be better once we upgrade to the new style diffs. JMO

Brant
thanks for the kind words Brant.. it was great to finally meet you, Mike Haynes and J. Filipow..

CraigX and Mike Haynes layed it down.. Smyka was also quite fast.. unfortunately I left my wheel in Toledo or somthin'... I was finally able to turn some decent laps in the 4th round of qualifying, but drove like i bought my car the day before.. Chicky literally said "dood, you drove like a reject"... it was quite a confidence builder.. LMAO..

I did learn a lot though. I learned that rather than trying the rest of the teams setups and Ideas... if smyka is close to dialed.. go with his setup.. it seems close to my preferences.. This is the setup i finally put on my car in for the 4th round..

Smyka, X and myself all had the new diffs in the car. Those who plan on sticking with the FMC should seriously consider building up the new diffs for it. They allow the car to roll and provide a better overall feel. They should be available at the time of the new cars release.

Other options to try are the new towers. They allow for more adjustments w/BK arms as well as more camber options in the front end..

Keith
Old 09-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

KB

Did you notice the others all ran alfas

It was def. nice to meet up with everyone, and i had a blast in the pit area

Cya at the next race, and of course many times a day here on rctech..lol
Old 09-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
KB

Did you notice the others all ran alfas
l

blah blah blah
Old 09-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
blah blah blah
Did you leave the Alfa in Toledo too, next to your wheel? Glad to see you got your car together with a comfortable setup by the end of the weekend. The thing I learned with different setups is there's also a big difference between what brand tires(foam)you run.

It was great to meet you guys...Keith B, J. FiliPOW and the rest. And Brant maybe next time I won't act like I am too cool to talk to you...glad my friend was listening when you introduced yourself and I got to re-introduce myself.

BTW, where did those cool personlized pit towels come from??
Old 09-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

Smyka, you in trouble
Old 09-27-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Kev, you have TOO much rip...LOL

It was fun for sure, who let KB forget everything at home, oh wait i forgot stuff to, dang it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.