Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CaseyP
Thanks (as Feles would say) FiliPOW

CaseyP--Also, several people have tried and loved the Keith B. set-up. Its on page 351 of this thread. Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Brant
Old 07-24-2006, 04:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
You have to run for us to get royalty checks

OOOOOHHHHHH........Thats gonna leave a mark!

Brant
Old 07-24-2006, 04:36 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Race report from today.

I ran the first half battery with rear high diff. and the car was pretty loose in the rear like normal at our track. The track tightens up as the day goes on. I stepped back into my pits and rolled the diff. into the low position. Put the car back on the track and voila!!!! The rear end was as quick to roll around the turns but it was consistant and very much under control. I only needed to raise the rear inner camber location to dial it just perfect. The car was a little twitchy as all of the things I had done to gain steering over the past three races were still in the front. Remember I found a broken LCD pin in my right front drive this week and replaced it. That was the source of my slight push the past 3 weekends. I raised the front camber links to the top hole with my JR. camber link and the car was great. The only thing I wanted to try and didn't was to put back in my 6 deg. carriers as I think the 4 deg. ones were a tiny bit twitchy still. Qualified 2nd for the main( ran an old set of tires too long during qualifiers) and got the inside hole shot to never look back! I finished the 5 mins. .6 seconds away from lapping second place who is my X-Ray arch rival!!!! Also, the car ran the fastest lap of the day by 3 tenths. A great day was made perfect after I had just finished behind him and he immediately stepped back and asked me" Man!!!! What did you do to that car???!!!". I just smiled and told him I put on new tires for the main. LMAO I hope this helps you guys

Brant
Dont get to confidient.....Cause Im coming to BTH again this year.....Your losi is going down again

Actually last year I didnt have to work to hard at it....Your radio did most of the work for me

EA
Old 07-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Elite

Oh Crap!!!!!

Note to self..........Don't make the motor man mad!!!! LMAO

Yo man! We better get our stuff together. DC is bringin some heat this year!! Can't go down like Dat!!!!

Brant
Old 07-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Oh......and Pooky has a new radio this year!!!

11 yrs on the old 756 was just too much I guess! LOL

Brant
Old 07-25-2006, 06:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok, I've been messing around trying to set up like the Numan setup - just a couple of dumbass questions....

Drilled #56 pistons - what size are they drilled??

BK brackets - am I supposed to mount the shocks to the extra hole in the new arms??

Cheers guys!
Old 07-25-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capelracer
Ok, I've been messing around trying to set up like the Numan setup - just a couple of dumbass questions....

BK brackets - am I supposed to mount the shocks to the extra hole in the new arms??

Cheers guys!

YOu can buy #56 pistons frm Losi, but a #56 is an actual drill bit (called obviousely enough numbered drill bits).

Yes-the new arms have the BK bracket position molded in. Its the one outside and up.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Ray - I got me some #56 pistons, but thought they still needed drilling (coulda been a cheapskate & drilled the old ones instead!!)
Old 07-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks Ray - I got me some #56 pistons, but thought they still needed drilling (coulda been a cheapskate instead!!)

Sometimes team guys will drill a #56 piston with a #56 drill bit. Sometimes the molds are just a tick off. Thats getting pretty darn particular, not that a pro driver couldnt feel it.

and of course sometimes you drill out say a #60 piston with a #56 bit just because you dont own or cannot get a #56 while at the track like we did for my buddy at last years Champs.

Ray
Old 07-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Oh......and Pooky has a new radio this year!!!

11 yrs on the old 756 was just too much I guess! LOL

Brant
Those old 756s were great radios though I used one from 1995 until 2004. The steering literally wore out it wouldn't turn right anymore
Old 07-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GroffBall
Those old 756s were great radios though I used one from 1995 until 2004. The steering literally wore out it wouldn't turn right anymore

LOL Same here! I had mine from '95 untill this past April. I let my son use it and he broke the steering 3 weeks ago!! LOL A Lot of memories in that old transmitter!

Brant
Old 07-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Cheers guys!
Drilled 56's are roughly half a piston smaller than a molded 56
Old 07-26-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I know someone has probably talked about it recently, but I'm too occupied with other things at the moment to go dig in this thread...

Has anyone ever used the Numan setup on carpet with rubber tires? Is the preferred rubber setup very far from the asphalt setup?
Old 07-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I know someone has probably talked about it recently, but I'm too occupied with other things at the moment to go dig in this thread...

Has anyone ever used the Numan setup on carpet with rubber tires? Is the preferred rubber setup very far from the asphalt setup?

POOKYT actually referred me to the Numan setup for carpet. It works great! I have read on this thread and at jrxs.com about others who have had great success with it. I think it's a great starting point.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed

Yup......it seems to be the starting point on carpet with rubber just like asphalt.

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.