Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 10:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FBJ's RDX
Hi Randy, thanks for the tip. The reason why I asked about the insert is because an indoor asphalt track in my area just opened and the asphalt is very smooth. I ran my Losi last saturday and my car would push horribly on-power after 3 laps. I think I am having tire insert selection issues. The tires we always use are Sorex 36R, rims used where speedmind dish and for the inserts, I used a speedmind medium standard profile (more full, no airgap). Since the asphalt is so smooth, my tires would still be shiny after 2 packs of batts. What sort of insert should I use for this kind of track? Should I go for the ones that has maximum airgap with very stiff rims like tamiya and much more? Btw, how is the rear motor JRXS compared to the front motor? Is it going to be released soon? Thank you for your help.

Sonny
Unfortunately for myself, I dont have a track that nice around, besides Tamiya, which I can only go to for 2 races a year, but is 10 miles from my house. I liked Xenon black inserts at that track with Sorex 36's, so you may want to try that setup. Possibly a Yokomo Thin Firm, instead of Super Thin Firm would work good as well.

The rear motor car is working great so far, but I definately wouldn't get rid of the front motor cars yet, they are still very capable of winning. No word on the release of the rear motor car, I havent asked or been told..
Old 03-05-2006, 10:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Todd and Team Losi have been at Stockton testing and practicing for the past few days. Should be arriving at his home this evening and be back at Losi in the morning.

As Brant says, "Give him a hollar" via PM.
Actually I wouldn't expect Todd to be back until Wed or Thurs, we are staying in the area for another couple days, I'm thinking about the club race on Wed.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:12 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

I was wondering if anyone has had any probs with the alum. pivot blocks.

apparentely I got a defective one, 0 degree. one of the holes that the suspension balls fit into is too small, while the other side fits perfect?
Old 03-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCR
I was wondering if anyone has had any probs with the alum. pivot blocks.

apparentely I got a defective one, 0 degree. one of the holes that the suspension balls fit into is too small, while the other side fits perfect?
I assume that you mean graphite pivot blocks. Never saw any aluminum ones come available to other than Team Losi drivers.

Contact Todd Hodge at Losi.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You mean like these: https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=LOS9683
Old 03-06-2006, 04:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
I assume that you mean graphite pivot blocks. Never saw any aluminum ones come available to other than Team Losi drivers.

Contact Todd Hodge at Losi.
I got some ally ones the other week, but sent them back because I didn't like the look of them, plus I am happy with the graphite ones for now.

Last edited by J A M I N; 03-06-2006 at 05:28 AM.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Hi JRXS Bill

The Rear hubs I am running are the 1 degree Offset hubs which with the 1 degree pivot mount give me 2 degrees rear toe. I have reset the pivot mount and roll center mount per Todd's instructions but the hubs he sent me were not 1 degree each. The left one was 1.5 to 2 and the angle was marked not with standard Losi surface print but a paint pen so not sure where these were from.

I was asking if the hubs are correct, what else can cause an error in angle. I did reset the screws and made sure they sat correctly.

Thanks
Old 03-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
No, trying to keep my car as close to Todd's as I can, his was super fast, and I dont want to stray too far from the good setup he found.
Randy, what is his/yours set up please
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 03-06-2006, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Yeti35
The only corks I know of would be the one behind the wheel!!
nice
Old 03-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Arrow winternats

i'm surprised that nobody posted that craig xavier just missed tq and the win in stock at the winternats at mimi's, in gaithersburg, this weekend. there was a reported 70 racers in stock sedan, including cuffs, schreffler, bradley, and ciccarello.

from what i understand, it's a fairly stock jrxs.

nice work, craig.

http://www.rctrack.com/Racing/Info/0306/03_05_06.htm
Old 03-06-2006, 08:15 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Craigs JRX-S is almost always dialed!!!!!!!!!!! His cars are alot more stock than most. He is fun to watch race and one of the nicest guys around. He does a great job for his sponsors.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It would be awsome if Craig could post his setup or someone could do it for him!
Old 03-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Randy, what is his/yours set up please
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Malc,

They both have the rear motored cars.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks guys, the race at Mimi's was extremely tight, especially the main where I finished just over 2 tenths behind Cuffs. I was on his bumper looking for a way by but he wasn't giving up an inch. I have to give it up to Jeff Cuffs as he drove a flawless race. However I did TQ the stock class and also finished 2nd in the 19T class to Mike Dunnigan, just 1 sec behind in another close race. The car was working great and carried lots of speed through the corners. I am running almost the same setup as I have posted before, I am now running the new arms and with these have changed the front springs to 30lbs. The only non stock part of my car is the rear shock tower mounted to the back of the front bulkhead. I cut off the camber link holes on the front shock tower and cut off the shock mount holes on the rear tower and just use the camber links from the rear tower. I used hole #7 for the front camber link.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-shocktower.jpg  
Old 03-06-2006, 08:53 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Rick Worth
Whoa, never knew those became available, gotta order some

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.