Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Pookyt.. at least you could probably ride ... err in the middle
Old 11-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tony Vega
Check that the shrink tubing is not rubbing on the inside of the caster block at full steering throw. Check Team Losi under the "Tips" section on how to remove material from the block to prevent this. Also, the black shrink tubing on the older LCD's is thicker and more prone to moving. New clear tubing is provided with the LCD re-build kit and is thinner. You can also go down to your local electronics store and purchase tubing. More than likely, it will be thinner material than what was originally provided in the kits.
Thanks Tony,

I'll give that a try.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm kind interesting on new rear motor JRXS, but before I jump on the boat I like to know a bit more.

Someone (sorry I forgot who) said JRXS driving is very different with traditional belt. So how different it's? Is the chassis roll more/less in corner? pitch faster/slower? I think the inline weight placement make it roll more/faster but pitch less/slower, any comment on this?

Also, I read some PRO3 thread and said PRO3 is very good for low traction track. How about JRXS? Better for low traction or high traction? How about corner? Is the car better for track with lots corner or few corner?

Sorry if my question sound stupid. Doesn't wanna make my point wrong without hear first hand experience first.
Old 12-01-2005, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ttso
I'm kind interesting on new rear motor JRXS, but before I jump on the boat I like to know a bit more.

Someone (sorry I forgot who) said JRXS driving is very different with traditional belt. So how different it's? Is the chassis roll more/less in corner? pitch faster/slower? I think the inline weight placement make it roll more/faster but pitch less/slower, any comment on this?

Also, I read some PRO3 thread and said PRO3 is very good for low traction track. How about JRXS? Better for low traction or high traction? How about corner? Is the car better for track with lots corner or few corner?

Sorry if my question sound stupid. Doesn't wanna make my point wrong without hear first hand experience first.

I'm not sure if you are asking about the JRXS in general or the difference between the standard car and rear motor car,,,But ill say this, this car generates more bite than you could ever imagine.I love it..For example on my xxxs at socal,,depending on the body i ran it would really effect the cars straight line driveability,,with the jrxs i can run any body,, get all the affects of it and the car is still easy to drive..As far as chassis roll,,it all depends on shock setup..
Old 12-01-2005, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
Hahahaha, that avatar is super dialed man. I need to get me one of those.

-Korey
Koreyhttp://www.vexatori.de/zib/spstudio.html
Old 12-01-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRT

I'm not sure if you are asking about the JRXS in general or the difference between the standard car and rear motor car,,,But ill say this, this car generates more bite than you could ever imagine.I love it..For example on my xxxs at socal,,depending on the body i ran it would really effect the cars straight line driveability,,with the jrxs i can run any body,, get all the affects of it and the car is still easy to drive..As far as chassis roll,,it all depends on shock setup..
Yes, compare with nowday's belt design (aka 415 way), JRXS inline layout generally generate more mechanic grip? So if it's safe to say JRXS is very good car for low-grip, lots lowspeed corner, indoor asphalt track?

Any need for different driving characteristic to ride the JRXS?
Old 12-01-2005, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

If any of you get bored This is my SoCal setup..On the droop and uptravel settings...10mm droop,,means when the chassis is 10mm off the ground,,the tires just touch...3mm uptravel means when the chassis is bottomed out,,you can still pull the tire up 3mm
    Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-rctech-copy.jpg  

Last edited by DIRT; 12-01-2005 at 07:29 AM.
    Old 12-01-2005, 08:51 AM
    Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

brian,

cool set up sheet you have all the cool stuff

will you be at the novak race this year???

Matt
    Old 12-01-2005, 10:37 AM
    Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Todd - Will the new arms be included in the kit? likewise, the larger
    cell battery tray? Thanks.
    Old 12-01-2005, 11:36 AM
    Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Whats the change in steering feel when going from the drag link below the steering levers to above? I also notice quite a bit of shimming to adjust bump. Would Dirt or Xavier wish to elaborate?

Thanks,
    Ray
    Old 12-01-2005, 04:24 PM
    TLRacing

Originally Posted by rainblows
    Todd - Will the new arms be included in the kit? likewise, the larger
    cell battery tray? Thanks.
    For right now...no. Maybe in the future.
    Old 12-01-2005, 04:51 PM
    Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
    The only problem is that I think I would be low man on the totem pole. That mean to travel with the team involves riding in the back of the truck!!!!! I don't even know if EA has a camper on it or not so I may wait till the spring.

Brant
    Easy now....I wouldnt make you ride in the back of the truck...I dont have a truck so it would be the TRUNK....my RC stuff could go in the back seat then

EA
    Old 12-01-2005, 05:58 PM
    Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Kinwald,
    When are you going to start racing again???
    Old 12-01-2005, 06:11 PM
    Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
    Easy now....I wouldnt make you ride in the back of the truck...I dont have a truck so it would be the TRUNK....my RC stuff could go in the back seat then

EA
    Well Thats Just Fine!!!!!! I would ride in the trunk before I "took a backseat" to you any way!!!! LMAO

Hey???.........Come pick me up on the way to the '06 Nats there team Capt'n!

Brant
    Old 12-01-2005, 06:25 PM
    Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
    Whats the change in steering feel when going from the drag link below the steering levers to above? I also notice quite a bit of shimming to adjust bump. Would Dirt or Xavier wish to elaborate?

Thanks,
    Ray
    The kit setup is to have the plate above the bellcranks, studs pointing down. I have never used it below(studs pointing up) but the reasoning behind all the bump steer washers under the steering knuckle stud was for more bump-out. Which I feel, gives the car more initial steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.