Team Losi JRXS

Old 10-04-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Wow!

I guess Losi really should have stopped with the Street Weapon and just redefined it to death. Give me a break. Losi is the one of the only companies in resent years to come out with a fresh idea. Just about every company has R&D that is alway testing out new ideas. How do you think we have the car we have now. Now that the net has expanded our horizans, we actually get to see the development take place. Where is the inovation in coping someone else's design...(cough, cough, TRF 415, cough, cough). And as for short arms, look at the Kyosho Prototype. I think the jrxs is the best touring car I have ever owned and I have been racing since Jammin Jay won the worlds.

When was the last time someone over 30 won the worlds? This is a real question, not sarcasism.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

lol pooky

I was just disagreeing with W.E.D. about the team drivers being over the hill, not running the car down, remember Im the guy that still likes the pro3 lol, I think working with the car and trying to find the right balance is exactly the right thing to be doing

RCKnight I dont think they designed the car around the drive train at all, it seems more like they designed the drive train around the battery and motor placement, to do that the belts need to be spaced farther apart, meaning the diff needed to be wider, that just left room for a short arm if you want it to fit in a tech box

personally I think the car is more competitive against the other brands of cars in the hands of the local racers at this point than it is in the hands of the pros that are more able to reach the limits of what a car can do, I still think hpi gave up to soon on the pro3 lol, so I definatly dont think losi needs to start over, the car is only a year old, give it a lil more time

Last edited by Mdoc; 10-04-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DQ guy 24
Hey Juan, I was thinking about coming over to irp with a JRX and was wondering what pinion to use with the car since it will be an itnital shakedown run.
DQ guy - what motor and tires are you running? This past Sunday I ran the stock rubber tire class with a Trinity Monster and I used a 33 tooth pinion. That gearing should be close for a stock motor and rubber tires. If you're running foams or a different motor, then it'll be different for you. Also, there is an IRP thread in the Wisconsin and Illinois racing forum here. Check it out. Hope this helps. When you make it out, feel free to introduce yourself. Just look for the paint job in my avatar. Good luck!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

When was the last time someone over 30 won the worlds? This is a real question, not sarcasism.

I few weeks ago Lamberto Collari........

i think there are lots of drivers over 30 that are plenty capable of winning major races
Old 10-04-2005, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Masami won 1/12th scale worlds in 2004....he is well over 30....actually pushing 40 if not already there!

Later EddieO
Old 10-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Well, I usually avoid these big discussions, but I guess I'll weigh in this time.

First, I believe Losi has said many times that they tested the short arm suspension concept before they proceeded with constructing JRX-S prototypes. They knew the chassis layout they were considering was going to make standard length arms a challenge, so they tested the short are setup on a modified XXX-S and liked what they saw. So I don't believe Losi considers the short arms a design compromise (though I'm no insider to say for sure).

Second, for they guys that want a revised XXX-S, have you even driven a JRX-S? I kinda find it hard to believe you have, but everybodies got their opinion, I guess. From what I have seen so far with my car, I think the JRX-S is hands down better than the XXX-S. Heck, Sunday was my first day on rubbers (carpet) with the JRX-S and I made the A-main with it, something I haven't done often. And I still think my set up needs work. Not that the XXX-S is bad (I still have mine), but I believe the JRX-S is a better car. But I understand some may not feel that way, and that's okay.

With all that said, if Losi feels they can improve on the current car, more power to them. Electric touring seems to be becoming a "chassis-a-year" class, so I imagine most of the companies are constantly thinking up new ideas. So take it easy on Losi. They're just trying to bring you the best product possible.

And Masami won 1/12th scale Worlds last year. I'm not sure how old he is, but I imagine he's over 30. Not that it matters, he's just the ageless wonder of RC racing.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

Wow... I agree with most of you one a little bit of everything.

I for one would not go back to running my xxxs over the jrxs. I am way more consistant with the jrxs and as pookyt said, I can feel the changes to the car especially on carpet.

E
Old 10-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

hmmmm....well regardless of all the banter on this thread, good luck to Team Losi and the all of the Team Losi drivers (and privateers!!!) in attendance at the ROAR Nats this week!
Old 10-04-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Mdoc, I looked thru my post and couldn't find anything about the "Losi drivers being over the hill".

What I did say was they are all great drivers, but there are about 8-10 drivers, maybe a couple more, that focus "Almost Exclusively" at on-road racing at the highest level. Combined with the fact that they are younger makes it tuff for "Very Good" drivers.

As far as revisions and testing of prototypes by TL, every competitive company does that! BAR NONE! The 415 is about $600 after adding all the latest updates. If you run Yokomo you'll need their newest car if it is released yet? Corally, HPI, X ray, etc....All new, or updated, mostly versions of the 415.

I think in all honesty alot of people who have no idea about the development of a car and the engineering involved think they know by looking at pictures and can tell if it will work. Meanwhile engineers with real degrees and "very Good drivers" have helped in the testing and development of the car, rather then looking at pics of a 415 and making their own............

Have the "Drivers" results jumped around much with the lastest changes from the major companies involved.....No. Hara and Masami have even done it with completely different cars.(and 5 mechanics)

Still fun to talk about how much we all know though!...Lets race!..haha, Jim
Old 10-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Those looking for PK or BK brackets they are now being mass produced with an almost unlimited supply first batch is 1000pcs and smaller batches will be made.

brackets are made out of T7075 aluminum which will be 70% stronger than the current BK/PK brakets. They are being lazer cut so tolerances .001" accuracy. all the holes will be drilled and the 2-56 hole will be pre-tapped.

more info can be found here...
http://www.jrxs.net/forums/index.php...opic=443&st=12
Old 10-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

shhh Jim....I was just tryin to get pooky off my a-- lol

I still think at the top level the drivers are still just a bit better than the car....but at most of our level the cars, including the jrxs, are better than the drivers, and thats why at local and club races they do just fine, but they are still not quite there when all the top level teams show up, they definatly have shown signs of catching up tho
Old 10-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

so your making all these bracketswhen supposedly the NEW updated arms are coming out very shortly and they include the shock mounting position of where the BK bracket is...is that a good investment?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I thought I read a few pages back that the bk bar are spose to be better than the new arms but I could be wrong. Can anyone back that up?
Old 10-04-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bryan D
I remember seeing this before in this thread but I could not find it but what is the best way to set droop if the set up says 2mm above ride height, I know what it means but I was having difficulty in doing it. Any easy explanations or pics if poss.

Thanks In advance Guys
Any help please
Old 10-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

I find the best way to do it is to use a stepped ride height gauge.
If say your ride height is 6mm and you want 2mm droop then put the gauge under the chassis at the 8mm step and then wind the droop screws in or out till the tyres are just touching the floor. You can use a piece of paper if want under each tyre to get the same gap a bit like adjusting valve clearences on a car engine.

Hope that helps

Tim

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.