Team Losi JRXS

Old 09-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paul Lemiuex's setup is my preference, but you can't go wrong with Chicky's setup either. All the team drivers seem like nice guys too, and I'm sure they'll help you if you ask in Vegas.
Rob - Where can someone find Lemiuex's carpet setup? If it's not online, could you post it, or PM it to me? Thanks. Was planning to try Chicky's set up, but wouldn't mind other options. Maybe I'll see you out at IRP this weekend for the first race. Should be great.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Rob - Where can someone find Lemiuex's carpet setup? If it's not online, could you post it, or PM it to me? Thanks. Was planning to try Chicky's set up, but wouldn't mind other options. Maybe I'll see you out at IRP this weekend for the first race. Should be great.
Chuck...On the Losi site its listed as Todd's setup on the JRXS setup sheet page. When you click on the link and the PDF opens up it says Paul Lemiuex on the top of it.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Kevin! You know, now that you mention it, I'm pretty sure I had noticed that in the past, but forgot about it. See ya Saturday!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Need help on what other parts I would need to buy to get the car suited mainly for asphalt/foam racing. I also need a list of spares. Im thinking of buying a slighty used JRXS with all stock bits included and also the alloy battery holder for 3700 & 3800, spur gear adapter & front one way assembly. Thanks in advance
Old 09-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
Need help on what other parts I would need to buy to get the car suited mainly for asphalt/foam racing. I also need a list of spares. Im thinking of buying a slighty used JRXS with all stock bits included and also the alloy battery holder for 3700 & 3800, spur gear adapter & front one way assembly. Thanks in advance
"Must Get" a rubberneck or P-Dub bumper, this will reduce breakages considerably.

Then some frt & rr arms, if you like......

I'm running the Josh Neuman setup, but this is on rubber/asphalt..... don't know if this will work for foam....
Old 09-02-2005, 07:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Numan setup will work very well with foams on asphalt as long as you are running double purple fronts and purple rears. That is pretty much the standard tire combo for foams on asphalt. Yes, I have run it.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Got a question for all the carpet racers out there running BK brackets on the rear shocks: what kind of adjustments are you making to the shock set up? As I understand it, you should go to a softer spring when using brackets, but what about pistons or oil? For example, Paul Ciccarello's set up uses 20 lb. springs, 40 wt. oil, and #57 pistons. But if you used BK brackets, what would be a good starting point? 17.5 lb. springs, 40 wt. oil, and #56 pistons? Or stay with the 57 pistons? Just looking to save myself a little trial-and-error testing at the track tomorrow. Thanks for the help!
Old 09-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Juan-I think my JRXS is pretty dialed right now with Paul's set-up. I sent my car to a buddy at a different track and it won and TQ'd both races. I only say this because I tossed the BK brackets on this set-up and it didnt work for me. BUT-having said this-Kevin Kane and I think Rob King are using them on carpet/foams and they are working for them.

For me-it made car really loose going into corner and then car rotated so far that it eventually slid the rear to a stop mid corner-killing corner speed. I first tried a 20 spring, then a 15 I think and the 15 was better.

I didnt test any further.

Ray
Old 09-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Ray - Thanks for the info! I'll have to remember to try with and without the brackets to see what I like. I've talked to Kevin and Rob a little about using them on carpet already, but can't remember if I asked what kind of changes they made when using them, I just remember they liked them. I'm sure I'll bug them about it some more, if I see them this weekend. Thanks again!
Old 09-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

Juan-no problem. IRP looks amazing!! I hope to race there maybe early next year. I bet its not more than 6 hours from Cleveland. Thats doable.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Guys

I'm thinking of getting the JRX-S but I keep getting told it's not good running modified motors. Now I only run stock or 19t anyway but I thought I'd see what the view is of people who have used it. I'm told its cause of the really short wishbones. I'm also told it's a good car for carpet but not asphalt.

What do you all think?

Thanks
Tim
Old 09-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone have a novak gt7 fitted to a jrxs? i want to fit mine but it will overhang the chassis, would it be a good idea to mount it on its side?
Old 09-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Before I changed to a GTX I ran a GT-7 on its side. worked pretty well.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:21 PM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry
Guys

I'm thinking of getting the JRX-S but I keep getting told it's not good running modified motors. Now I only run stock or 19t anyway but I thought I'd see what the view is of people who have used it. I'm told its cause of the really short wishbones. I'm also told it's a good car for carpet but not asphalt.

What do you all think?

Thanks
Tim
Won Reedy open class-asphalt

TQed Cleveland Indoor champs, and could have won. Paul and Josh were amazing-carpet
Old 09-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Juan-no problem. IRP looks amazing!! I hope to race there maybe early next year. I bet its not more than 6 hours from Cleveland. Thats doable.
Yeah, the track is looking great. I get to see the finished product for the first time tomorrow. Can't wait! Anytime you're in the northern Illinois area, stop on by! Maybe I'll make it out your way someday. I'm planning to check out some other tracks this winter, so who knows!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.