Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 09:08 PM
Tech Addict

Randy-
I'm also running in the Hitec race (sportsman stock and 19 turn), and you're obviously a much more knowledgeable person in chassis setup than I am, so If you wouldn't mind keeping us up to date in what you're doing with your car I'd highly appreciate it. Are you going to be racing at SoCal leading up to the Hitec race?
For the record, I've tried the old Kinwald setup on Losi's site (sans BK brackets) at SoCal and it feels pretty good. I plan on trying Numan's setup when my brackets get in. (Which reminds me, Pooky, the envelope with the payment I sent to you got returned, I must have made an error on the address, so it'll be getting to you later than I thought).
Old 07-12-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SoCalLosiRacer
Randy-
I'm also running in the Hitec race (sportsman stock and 19 turn), and you're obviously a much more knowledgeable person in chassis setup than I am, so If you wouldn't mind keeping us up to date in what you're doing with your car I'd highly appreciate it. Are you going to be racing at SoCal leading up to the Hitec race?
For the record, I've tried the old Kinwald setup on Losi's site (sans BK brackets) at SoCal and it feels pretty good. I plan on trying Numan's setup when my brackets get in. (Which reminds me, Pooky, the envelope with the payment I sent to you got returned, I must have made an error on the address, so it'll be getting to you later than I thought).
I will PM it to you again. I will go ahead and send the brackets so you have them in time to test. Good Luck!!

Brant
Old 07-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks! Sounds good. would 12.5 pound rear springs and 15 pound fronts be a good starting point?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks! Sounds good. would 12.5 pound rear springs and 15 pound fronts be a good starting point?
Yeppers!

Brant
Old 07-12-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Jim you going to make it out to Speedline again soon. Just wondering hate being the only Losi car out there since Martin started running nitro... Can't wait to try out the spool, Josh's setup with out a spool is push city!

Oh if you are wondering who I am maybe the words "Let the orange car pass!" might ring a bell... I have since switched to 19T. Stock got old after one race with such an awesome car.

Anyway hope to see you out there.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Randy-
Feel free to drop by my pit and ask any questions at SoCal or the Hitec race. I dont know if I'll be doing much racing at SoCal before Hitec, propably practice all outdoors.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Feel free to drop by my pit and ask any questions at SoCal or the Hitec race. I dont know if I'll be doing much racing at SoCal before Hitec, propably practice all outdoors.
ahh come on randy, you at least have to come out for the jrXs.com Practice night at socal....lol
Old 07-12-2005, 10:03 PM
The Evicerator

There's a JRXS.Com Practice Night At Socal?
Old 07-12-2005, 10:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I saw that on your site, but I wont have the car ready by thursday. I'll make it up there and hang out with you guys soon though.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

LOL....A few jrXs.com members go to SoCal thursday night for practice. Bring what you have on road or off road, it does not matter
Old 07-12-2005, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gearhead3
LOL....A few jrXs.com members go to SoCal thursday night for practice. Bring what you have on road or off road, it does not matter
I understood that the on-road track was toast for a couple days after they run Wednesday night off-road racing program???
Old 07-12-2005, 10:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
I understood that the on-road track was toast for a couple days after they run Wednesday night off-road racing program???
It definately can be early on, but it just depends on how many people get on the track, it can have traction fairly early in the day if enough people get out there.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

I should be there Thursday with my BK2 and JRX-S.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim
Hey, if you guys are using the sand paper pads like I am, don't glue anything. I made the same mistake and glued the pads to the diff rings on someones advice. This made the pads sand the diff gear and loosened the assembly. The pads(now I know) are designed to grip the pulley and slip on the diff rings in an impact. This set up allows the outdrives to live longer, in crashes, but still works like a locked diff at other times.

Some companies use a one peice spool, but so far they have been very hard on parts. It seems to be better if something can give in a crash...........Jim
Something to think about, eh Jim..... I've checked mine on occasions and found that it slipped on both sides of the pad, leaving brown marks on the diff washers (no smart-ass comments please) and white powder from the diff pulley.

Anyway "Pook's" guaranteed me that this will work. He's staking his new Dremel Business on it.

"PookyT's Dremel's 'r' Us"
"We grind till we see daylight"

Old 07-13-2005, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default pinion

what the right pinion to use for a
stock motor
19 turn
mod
do you stay with the 64 pitch ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.