Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJG24
You use 1 degree offset rear hubs!! 1 degree hub on each side of the car equals 2 degrees of rear toe. 2 degree hubs would give you 4 degrees of rear toe. By the way the 1 degree offset hubs from the xxxs work on the jrxs (I'm using them)
This all depends on the rear pivot mount that is used. The XXXS had 2deg of toe built into the brackets so no matter what deg anti/pro squat you went with you still had 2 deg in the block. Now with the JRXS there are pivot blocks of various deg of toe....0deg +1deg +2deg -1deg -2deg. The negative deg pivot blocks are not out yet. So when you look at BK's setup sheet and it shows that he has 2deg of toe-in with a 0 deg rear pivot that means he has 2deg hub carriers and the 0 deg pivot. So going with 1deg hubs and 1deg pivot block will get you as close as you can get with the parts that are out there now it is still not the same thing as what is on BK's setup sheet.

When Losi refers to toe-in it is per side not total so when you see 1deg of toe in its per side so that would be a total of 2deg over all.
Old 06-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

OK, I'll get 1 deg rear pivot and 1 deg OFFSET rear hubs.

Hmmm I didn't know the 2DEG hubs aren't out yet
Old 06-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Greenbandit, Pooky is one of the BK bracket guys, i'm sure he'll get you some info on them. I also got neat set from another guy on here, but can't remember his name(bad I know). He actually had something that is black anodised so it is less noticable.

These brackets move the lower shock mount out on the arm, so you can run a softer spring. I'm not positive what it's benifits are over a similar feeling normal shock mount combo, but my car works Very well with them. I can only assume they are trying to slow the spring(by lowering it's rate) and increase the shock piston speed.......But it works well, Jim
Old 06-28-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Since it was asked what optional parts people recommend, I just wanted to recommend the Rubberneck/P-Dub Racing bumper, like several others have. Not only is it a part saver, but it could be a race saver. My car took a couple good hard board hits racing mod Saturday night, and drove away from them when I felt it had no right to do so, allowing me to finish the heat/main. The bumper will pay for itself in saved parts/wrenching time.

Is Pookyt still doing the BK (or PK ) brackets? I thought I saw mention of a new improved design coming. Any word?
Old 06-28-2005, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I ordered the new aluminum tray locally and wound up with an extra, so if anybody needs one PM me.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

On Brian K's setup sheet, he marked 2 degree block and 2 degree hubs which would equal 4 degrees of toe. I believe BK likely meant that he used the 2 degree block with 0 degree hubs for a total of 2 degrees of rear toe.

Certainly, Todd can clarify if he sees this...But, I doubt that 4 degrees of toe is applicable to any setup.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
On Brian K's setup sheet, he marked 2 degree block and 2 degree hubs which would equal 4 degrees of toe. I believe BK likely meant that he used the 2 degree block with 0 degree hubs for a total of 2 degrees of rear toe.

Certainly, Todd can clarify if he sees this...But, I doubt that 4 degrees of toe is applicable to any setup.
JRX-S Bill.....Which setup sheet are you saying shows that he marked 2deg block and 2deg hub? All the BK setup sheets on the Losi site show either a 1deg rear block or a 0deg rear block. Is there another setup sheet some place that I missed?
Old 06-28-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)
Exclamation Hubs

The 1/2 deg hubs are .25 per side and the 1 deg hubs are .50 per side. So wen putting them on you are getting a total of 1/2 or 1 deg.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

According to the instruction sheet that came with my 1 degree offset hubs it clearly states that 1 degree hubs = 1 degree per side giving the car a total of 2 degrees of toe at the hub.

On BK's carpet national setup he is using a 0 degree rear pivot block with 2 degrees of toe in for the rear meaning he is using 1 degree offset hubs with a 0 rear pivot block which totals 2 degrees of rear toe.

I sat next to him at the nats and he had 1 degree hubs for sure.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RC Old Man
The 1/2 deg hubs are .25 per side and the 1 deg hubs are .50 per side. So wen putting them on you are getting a total of 1/2 or 1 deg.
This is not correct. When you have a 1/2deg hub its just that a 1/2deg hub....the deg is per side not total. Take your car and measure it with 0deg hubs then throw on 1/2deg blocks on you will see the toe-in change 1/2deg per side or 1deg total. Same thing when you add 1deg blocks the total amount of toe will increase 2deg.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
This is not correct. When you have a 1/2deg hub its just that a 1/2deg hub....the deg is per side not total. Take your car and measure it with 0deg hubs then throw on 1/2deg blocks on you will see the toe-in change 1/2deg per side or 1deg total. Same thing when you add 1deg blocks the total amount of toe will increase 2deg.
Kevin K. is correct!
Old 06-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJG24
According to the instruction sheet that came with my 1 degree offset hubs it clearly states that 1 degree hubs = 1 degree per side giving the car a total of 2 degrees of toe at the hub.

On BK's carpet national setup he is using a 0 degree rear pivot block with 2 degrees of toe in for the rear meaning he is using 1 degree offset hubs with a 0 rear pivot block which totals 2 degrees of rear toe.

I sat next to him at the nats and he had 1 degree hubs for sure.
1 degree pivot with 1 degree hubs equals 2 degrees of toe per side.
2 degree pivot with 1 degree hubs equals 3 degrees of toe per side.
0 degree pivot with 1 degree hubs equals 1 degree of toer per side.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Champion

DJ....on the BK setup sheet on the Losi site he has 2deg hubs listed....on that same setup sheet they have 3deg and 4deg hubs listed....these are to work in conjunction with the negative deg pivot blocks. You saw his car so you would know better then I would but according to the setup sheet he had 2deg hubs or thats what he wants us to think.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah DJ, I think Kevin is right, either he used 1DEG hubs (PER SIDE), like you say and he marked it wrong on the setup sheet as 2DEG hub (PER SIDE), or he actually used 2DEG HUB (PER SIDE) and you didn't really pay attention.

On that setup sheet he said he used 2DEG HUBS (PER SIDE) and 0 DEG REAR PIVOT
Old 06-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you read the setup sheet carefully it states

off set hubs
0 degree rear pivot block
2 degrees of toe in for rear total (listed right above ride height)

I think the 2 degree hub is a typo because he clearly states he has a total of 2 degrees toe in in the rear and states 0 rear pivot, which is the 1 degree blocks that I saw which equals 2 degrees + 0 at the pivot for a total of 2 degrees rear toe. The only reason I noticed the rear 1 degree blocks was that I was noticing how they were the same as the xxxs ones and I saw they were 1 degree. I'm also running the setup now at the Hobby Chamber and believe me 2 degree hubs which would be 4 degrees of toe in would make the car push like a snow plow!!!

I re read the sheet and I believe the 2 degree hubs means that the 2 degrees of rear toe is 2 degrees at the hub. If it said 2 degrees total rear toe but had 1 degree hub then it would have 1 degree rear pivot meaning
1 degree rear pivot
1 degree toe at the hubs (consisting of 1/2 degree hubs to equal 1 degree)
Total of 2 degrees

I think the hub on the set up sheet just point out how much toe is at the hubs meaning the 4 would be 2 degree rear hubs totaling 4 degree of toe at the hubs not 4 degree hubs which would equal 8 degrees

Last edited by DJG24; 06-28-2005 at 07:40 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.