Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: Asphalt Set-Up

Originally posted by J Tronzano
Been following this thread for two weeks now while waiting for my JRXS. Well it finally arrived and based upon what I've been reading not a bit too soon. You guy's have been great, I learned a lot about what to expect when building the car and what not to do, so with the delay, I actually got a head start.

What i need some help with is a forgiving sert-up for asphalt. I say forgiving because I'm somewhat of a senior (63) and don't have the reaction response that you young dudes do.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
From another old dude (with essential tremor)...

Just do the setup that is included in the back of the instructions. This is basically where the instructions lead you anyway. Only changes I have made are 17.5# rear springs and 60/40 on the shock oil.

Will know more after we hopefully meet up with Matt Francis this weekend at Speedworld.

Bill
Old 04-28-2005, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Greg Sharpe
Here a shot of my chassis. Make note, the hole is no larger when viewed from the bottom. The angle I cut at starts at the rear of the hole and ends at the rear pivot mount screw hole. Easy!

I took my car apart for you. Remember that when I want naked pictures of your sister. Ok?
Dang, if I knew it was gonna cost me I wouldn't of asked!
Thanks for the pic Greg. That's what I thought everyone meant, but I wanted to be sure before I started "hacking" away.

And Kevin, you may want to keep those pictures to yourself. I'd hate to see the person I'm gonna be harrassing for set up help incapacitated by a mad husband or fiance! j/k

So now that we've busted out the "your sister" jokes, when do the "yo momma" jokes start?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:14 AM
TLRacing

Default Re: Asphalt Set-Up

Originally posted by J Tronzano
Been following this thread for two weeks now while waiting for my JRXS. Well it finally arrived and based upon what I've been reading not a bit too soon. You guy's have been great, I learned a lot about what to expect when building the car and what not to do, so with the delay, I actually got a head start.

What i need some help with is a forgiving sert-up for asphalt. I say forgiving because I'm somewhat of a senior (63) and don't have the reaction response that you young dudes do.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Try the kit setup. It works!!
Old 04-28-2005, 07:15 AM
TLRacing

Default Re: I got a chance to look at the new Losi shocks....

Originally posted by RCknight
and all I can say is wow! They are smooth and I like the detail Losi has put into them. I love perfection in every little detail.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:19 AM
TLRacing

Default Re: Todd, RBLove, Ray or Anyone

Originally posted by CRASH
How far out do you have to space the front shocks top and bottom to run the number 1 hole inside on the tower? So that it does not rub.

Thanks,
It depends on you arm spacing so this can vary from .070-.210". I use the Trinity counter sunk washers as my shock spacers. You do not want any angle on the shockwhen looking from the side. Try and get it as straight as possible.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:21 AM
TLRacing

Originally posted by Tony Szep
When will all of the option parts be out?
We are working on the oneways as I type this. Also the 3700 battery trays are scheduled to go onto the CNC next week.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Todd-does putting toe in via the pivot blocks have more side bite and less rotation than putting the same toe in at the hubs, but zero innner hingepin toe in?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default front spool?..

Will there be a spool released soon for the JRXS?.. Is there any way to lock the front diff?

just waiting for Uncle-Sam to buy my JRXS.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Asphalt Set-Up

Thanks to Wannabee, JRX-S Bill and special thanks to Mr Hodgimoto for the quick response.

I start building tomorrow, probably be asking for some building advice as we go along, although much of the issues have been covered already.

I'll let you know how my first run goes, probably won't be for a couple of weeks.

Thanks again
Old 04-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Asphalt Set-Up

Originally posted by JRX-S Bill
From another old dude (with essential tremor)...

Just do the setup that is included in the back of the instructions. This is basically where the instructions lead you anyway. Only changes I have made are 17.5# rear springs and 60/40 on the shock oil.

Will know more after we hopefully meet up with Matt Francis this weekend at Speedworld.

Bill
I am planning on racing this weekend with the new car. MF won't be racing but will be out there as my PB and giving suggestions.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

hey guys... i have a question for you, it may be simple, you know something i overlooked in my sleep deprived state, but here is my question,

i am building the car, i am installing p.l's setup from clevland, it uses, the outer whole on the hub, and the inner lower hole of tower, i am also using bk bones(home made), here is the problem,

as i shorten the camber lind it seems that the cvd binds on the inner diff, not allowing me to get more than say +.5 of camber nad even at that the arm is bound....i am no newby, but this is a bit off....

mayby i ahould phone paul or todd and see if they had the problem.

matt

thanks, matt
Old 04-28-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Champion

matt-the rear hubs your usiing I bet arent off set hubs so they go in the outer holes on the arm. Now-Dont scream at me if you do have the offset hubs.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayhuang
matt-the rear hubs your usiing I bet arent off set hubs so they go in the outer holes on the arm. Now-Dont scream at me if you do have the offset hubs.
Yep use the outer holes on the arm with out offset hubs. I did the same thing and almost went NUTZ!

KE
Old 04-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by wannabee
Yep use the outer holes on the arm with out offset hubs. I did the same thing and almost went NUTZ!

KE
See-being a car whore has its benefits. I had three XXXS in the past and the last one had the offset hubs so I knew about this.....
Old 04-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

rayhuang

why you sell your rdx?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.