Team Losi JRXS

Old 02-15-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Team Losi Drivers are some of the nicest r/c drivers i have met. none i have met seam big headed, But instead are very nice. When you Race for an R/C company, you represent that company, and Team Losi, has some of nicest people. Those two examples you just made, those two people are now Life Time Losi customers i would bet as well.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

lmslms: I'm figuring no sway bars as well. The arms are so short and the weight is so centered that they will probably be very, VERY situational in their use.

Thanks for the explination about the turnbuckle thing. Just looking at the pic of the car (for the billionth time ), I would have to guess that the threads will have to go nearly all the way to the buckle on these as well. Theres just no room to have the usual strengthening portion in there. Thankfully though, in TC class, its a lot harder to break either a steel or Ti turnbuckle. They are so short that they carry a lot of strength with them.
Old 02-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

I have gotten word that the only thing they are waiting on is motor plates...just what i heard, not promising anything.
-Buddy
Old 02-15-2005, 12:58 PM
TLRacing

The car will have the same drive ratio as the XXX-s of 1.83. The car will come with a TL Kevlar 128T spur. The car will not come with swaybars. They will be aftermarket. However the sway bars are universal. They fit on the front and rear.

The LCD's are well worth the wait. They make a tremendous amount of difference especially with a spool.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by T. Hodge
The car will have the same drive ratio as the XXX-s of 1.83. The car will come with a TL Kevlar 128T spur. The car will not come with swaybars. They will be aftermarket. However the sway bars are universal. They fit on the front and rear.

The LCD's are well worth the wait. They make a tremendous amount of difference especially with a spool.
So are you guys still looking at the latest Feb. release date or has it been moved to march?
Old 02-15-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 02-15-2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Regional Moderator

Thumbs up

Thanks for the gearing info.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by L.Fairtrace
This isnt any type of threat or anything its just the reality of the situation. I'm about 1 day from cancelling my preorder and getting something else. I need a car a few weeks before the carpet nats and if thats not gonna happen with a JRXS I have to get something else. It sucks becasue I have had the car preordered for about 4 months and have been waiting patiently. But for some reason everything about this car is hush hush, including the release date. I'll probably still end up getting one at some point but its a little dissappointing.
I don't see why anyone would see it like your threatening or anything. Like you said, its just the reality of the situation. If they do actually push the car back again, it will put the release date awfully close to the 'warm up' season for our outdoor racing here. And since I've sold my Pro4 already, I may be sweating bullets come mid to late March!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:50 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

It's true losi is incredibly reliable with there release dates in the past.

If they deceide to push it back because of an update, why would that not be acceptable. Losi engineers do a phenomanal job, There goal is to release the ultimate touring car.
There not a company to change there car every year or less like Tamiya, yokomo, x-ray have all done in the past and continue to do.

Losi builds Quality that lasts.
Please for the love of god stop complaining about the release date, I would rather have a car that is ready to be sold then have one with problems because there trying to make a release date.

ok so 64 pitch spur gear, I dont race on road currentely and have no 64 pitch gears, maybe you xxx-s guys can tell me which ones I need to buy, and who makes the best ones, as far as i know losi doesn't make 64 pitch pinions???

looking for all ratio's from stock motors to modified
Old 02-15-2005, 06:40 PM
TLRacing

TCR-If you are racing modified you will need 25t-30t. That will cover from a 7 turn to a 10 turn. With stock racing you will need a 32-40 depending on what motor you will use. Right now the PRS pinions are the ONLY way to go.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

TCR-If you are racing modified you will need 25t-30t. That will cover from a 7 turn to a 10 turn. With stock racing you will need a 32-40 depending on what motor you will use. Right now the PRS pinions are the ONLY way to go.
Todd,

PRS pinions? Help! I need a primer...

Thanks.

Last edited by JRX-S Bill; 02-15-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by TCR
Please for the love of god stop complaining about the release date, I would rather have a car that is ready to be sold then have one with problems because there trying to make a release date.
Said it before.......will say it again. You miss your release date, people are going to be unhappy.....PERIOD. Pointing the finger back at the unhappy people achieves nothing. They've held up their end. They've pre-ordered, they've gotten excited, they're ready to buy, they've passed on the competition's equipment, that YES, is just as 'high quality' as Losi's...its the companies job to step up at some point. Right?

I mean honestly, what are you asking people to do, be happy that they didn't have the car for the big races they were planning on attending? Asking people who sold their cars based on Losi's release schedule to be happy that they are now without a car? Asking people to cheer the complete lack of "official" info from the company? What?

I mean really, what are people supposed to do, say "Yippe!" when they find out that the car may be delayed again.

The fact that the people complaining are even still here shows that they want the car. But I'm certainly not going to ask people to pretend to be happy about whats happening. You can if want to, but I certainly wont.

Basically, all I'm saying is, if what peole have done to this point actually rises to the level of "complaining" then they do have a beef. Their not just doing it for fun...

-Darkseid

Last edited by Darkseid; 02-15-2005 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

The car is not delayed. This is official. It will ship out to horizon end of february, so expect a week after that till it starts hitting the shelf....I will have more info here in a few.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Gearhead3: man its scary to think about what we would do for info if you weren't digging up stuff for us.

Thanks

P.S. Does this mean the count down on jrxs.net has an official number to go by yet?
Old 02-15-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

The countdown is still Not EXact. but we did adjust it for a 4 day shipping time. So it is a little more accurate. I think that about a week before it hits the shelves we will get an ETA from Horizon, mabe sooner.

Last edited by Gearhead3; 02-15-2005 at 08:55 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.