Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Glad im not the only one getting impatient...
-Buddy
Old 01-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I have said this before and will prob. have to say it again...

Would you guys rather have a car that is "RIGHT" when you get it or one, Right this very moment, that want go together without a Dremel, that you can't get set-up, you can't get parts for it if you break?

If you want the later of those then go buy you a TC4!

Give it a rest, When the car is COMPLETLY ready they will give you a date and then it will be released!

I want mine just as bad as anyone on here but, getting on this forum and asking the samething every few days isn't going to make the car get here any faster!
Old 01-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by BuddyB
Glad im not the only one getting impatient...
-Buddy
We are all looking like the kid in your avatar!
Old 01-10-2005, 08:43 AM
Tech Regular

I can hope cant I? LOL
-Buddy
Old 01-10-2005, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i was told that the car will be out by snowbirds......
Old 01-10-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Fastfreddy74
We are all looking like the kid in your avatar!
that is what we will be looking like when we find out its at the hobby shops...ahahaha
Old 01-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

That was pretty interesting the way he had that Novak GTX speedcontrol mounted in his car. Seems even better than having it mounted flat.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Notice how BK used shrinkwrap on the ESC wire going to the receiver, I'd bet that was a preventative measure to keep the wire safe if it bounced into the belt.

I haven't used connectors since my first Tamiya car, but the proximity of the rear belt to the battery terminals has me rethinking that. Those single bullet connetors might work well. Anyone had a bad experience with these???
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-battconn.jpg  
Old 01-10-2005, 08:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If I wasnt so lazy-I'd switch every pack of my batteries to those connectors, but I have a lot of battery packs. And once you do one-you gotta do them all. But as far as performance-I am very convinced they not only offer the same performnce as direct soldering, but may in fact be a lot easier on your batteries long-term then soldering and unsoldering them all the time.

Ray
Old 01-10-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Greg Sharpe

I haven't used connectors since my first Tamiya car, but the proximity of the rear belt to the battery terminals has me rethinking that. Those single bullet connetors might work well. Anyone had a bad experience with these???
Alot easier on the cell with no heat buildup than direct soldering. These connectors just makes racing alot easier.. I use the smaller Euro Version that allow you to mount the wires on the Male plug either straight in or at 90deg. see the Integy website for them.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have been using those Corally connectors (that's the name here for those) for a long time and my plan is to use them in JRX-S too. Just need to check how they will fit into there, but I guess they will fit just OK into end of packs (to those rounded upper left and right corners when looking from side when they are mounted). Soldering is not a bad option, but it's true that connectors will make your life a lot easier.

Hopefully Losi will come up with some official release date soon, but I undestand that they might still have many issues to deal with and giving exact release date just simply might not be possible. Our season here is starting in couple weeks and I already have accepted the fact that I won't be driving with Team Losi's car before 3rd race or something (that's in March).
Old 01-11-2005, 02:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello guys, does anyone knows if the holes in the body are the same as in XXX-S??

I mean the bodies that i have for XXX-S can be put also in the JRXS or i have to make new holes?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

the body whole thing im not sure of.

Using connectors on the JRXS, I could be wrong, but when i looked at the car in person, my thinking right now is that you might have to grind the chassis in small areas to allow the connector to fit.
Old 01-11-2005, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by copter
I have been using those Corally connectors (that's the name here for those) for a long time and my plan is to use them in JRX-S too. Just need to check how they will fit into there, but I guess they will fit just OK into end of packs (to those rounded upper left and right corners when looking from side when they are mounted). Soldering is not a bad option, but it's true that connectors will make your life a lot easier.
Hi copter,

Not sure that your location will work towards the front end of the car.

Placement of plug-in style connectors might work at the upper rounded "V" points between cells 1/2 and 5/6. Been looking at that myself. May take some advanced engineering though.

Next time I see the car, I will check that aspect better.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by harris
Hello guys, does anyone knows if the holes in the body are the same as in XXX-S??

I mean the bodies that i have for XXX-S can be put also in the JRXS or i have to make new holes?

Thanks
the body mounting holes are in a different location.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.