Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Start up equipment

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I wouldn't spend the money on a Comp Heat right now. Their nice but a $10 heat gun does the same thing, albeit less elegantly.

Spend the coin on an Exergen temp gun. Yeah, their pricey but worth every penny. Mine stopped working last weekend, called up Exergen Monday and they're shipping out a brand new unit as we speak-no questions asked.

Get a nice flathead screwdriver for tuning-thats my favorite tool in my bag. Also, head to Lowes/Home Depot and pick up what I call a pit caddy-some type of carrier for your fuel bottle, started box, etc to organize the stuff you take to the pits.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The one thing I got that made it so I would work on my buggy was a powered screwdriver, and some bits for it. You can get one for about 30$ . It use to take me hours to change my diff fluid, now it takes me about 40 minutes or so for all 3. It just really made the hobby alot better for me. I use to not be able to stand to work on my car, but now I enjoy it.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:21 PM
dsl
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thorns
I am piecing togther all the equipment to run a nitro buggy at the moment. Just want some advice on what other things I should be looking to ads to the kit, and anything I may have forgotten. At present this is my list:

Already have:

Buggy
Motor/pipe
Servos
Starter Box
Hex drivers

Need:

Radio
Batterys: RX and starter box batts
Glow plug ignitor
A few spare glow plugs
Fuel
Tyres and wheels

Considering:

Competition heat engine heater
Temp gun

From that list, is there anything I am missing that would be considered a neccessity to get the most out of running a nitro, and even perhaps things that arent completely necessary, but a great item to have that makes life that bit easier, ie certain tools, or gadgets.

Thanks
One of the basic things you forgot is a decent charger. There are a lot of good options.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Their (They're) nice but a $10 heat gun does the same thing, albeit less elegantly.
Less elegantly perhaps...but much better.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would for sure consider getting a screw kit for your car. That way you will never have to worry about loosing a screw or what to do if one is near stripping. Thread lock is also important!