Team Br00d Racing Motors

Old 07-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
they sit around 120-135 watts around 33,000 rpms
at 7v 30 amps.....most times higher than 128watts

Garrett how did that center one way mod work in your type R?
Old 07-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mojoman
Garrett how did that center one way mod work in your type R?
it acted like a one way but a little mellower, but i didnt have the right stuff to make the car work on asphault....have to order them but have been doing the offroad thing right now...

seemed to do the job tho....
Old 07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

it acted like a one way but a little mellower, but i didnt have the right stuff to make the car work on asphault....have to order them but have been doing the offroad thing right now...

seemed to do the job tho....
What parts did you need? I wish you would have told me before I sold my car. You know I gotta take care of the homies
Old 07-30-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

just the asphalt stuff....sway bars, springs.....

i had that thing dialed on carpet and didnt wanna change it, but i did anyways

why would you sell such a sweet car? type R always looks great on the track!
Old 07-31-2007, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

I had my reasons for switching. I won't air them publicly though. Glad the car is working for you.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default Motor Zapping

How much to have a Money motor's can zapped,and comm cut with fresh brushes?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I had my reasons for switching. I won't air them publicly though. Glad the car is working for you.
yea, i mainly run foam so the car is perfect for me, mr. gray sent me a dialed setup and it works everywhere...

what you rollin now? dont say AE!...LMAO...
Old 07-31-2007, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

yea, i mainly run foam so the car is perfect for me, mr. gray sent me a dialed setup and it works everywhere...

what you rollin now? dont say AE!...LMAO...

Yep....AE baby. On road and off road.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:25 AM
Tech Rookie

I just received my stock motors today and I am over the moon. I am not that clued up as to what the dyno figures mean (could someone clear this up?). I cannot wait to get to the track this weekend to try them out
Old 08-09-2007, 06:58 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We've finally been able to take the time and get a dyno up for the crawler motors, the numbers coming in are real good..

Checkpoint 55x1:

RPM | TORQUE | WATT | EF | AMPS
4812 | 10.5 | 37 | 53 | 9.9

The checkpoint by far as proven to be the highest torque motor around for brushed crawling, but might be a bit hard core for 2.2's.

V2 60x1:

RPM | TORQUE | WATT | EF | AMPS
4330 | 8.5 | 27 | 46 | 8.4
4469 | 9.7 | 32 | 53 | 8.6

Much milder motor, the V2 convenience but with less torque. A good 2.2 motor for sure.

As we get more winds dyno'd we'll throw out the results. By far our motors are showing to be some of the best crawler motors around. Making running a Integy lathe motor almost welfare in comparison.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey Guys,

This is little off topic but i'm looking for some help.

I currently run at tight indoor track and I use the single wound Team Orion OJ motor (12t, our limit)

Now, I'm going to be running on an outdoor track, it’s very big and flowing and need something double wound and as most of you guys know the OJ only comes in single wound...

Now, there’s a lot of motors brood offer, like most people i’m looking at either the CP or the Chris Toso Edition CP in double wound as motors or getting the V2 double wound armature and just using same endbell.

So I’m asking what do you guys think would be the best decision here, OK I know it’s a bit of a big question but what would give me most rpm!

There’s a lot to consider with the brood options, center cut, gem, jimmy hat or just the conventional motor.

So what do you guys recon? What should be chosen!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

well what i would do is see what everyone at that track is runnin for arms,
probly a 7x1, if i were you i would just order a v2 arm and put it in the oj can,
the toso cp will give you lots of power but im not sure about runtime on that style track, Checkpoint is more power and more torque but the v2 will give ya a smooth powerband and more runtime

big wire 7x1 is what i would order, jimmy hat would be a good idea but i that would be the only option i would get...

lemme konw if you have any other questions
Old 08-19-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey,

Thanks for your reply, Here in NZ our motor limit is 12t so runtime is not much of an issue, so as you could imagine getting most out of motors is bit more important.

And from what iv experienced (Correct me if im wrong) the checkpoint produces as you say alot more rpm than the V2 so therefor choosing the CP would be ideal.

So that leaves me to ask, how much diffrence is there between the original CP and the Toso? (Another big question I know), however I think there is none left on the Br00d website so when would these be back in stock any ideas?
Old 08-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

well if you have a 12t limit then there are a few ways to go, we have a couple ways of making them "faster" than other 12t's

i know peter has a few tricks for em, i will ask him and get back on here tomorrow, he has done alot of motors for the euro guys that are very fast
Old 08-21-2007, 07:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Desolas
Sorry Josh, I have been away from the computer most of the week and missed your PM's. You have a PM.

We also have something exciting to share with everyone, there will be a more official announcement but we're releasing a new edition stock motor. It has been awhile since any "named" motors have come out on the market, with the brushless hooplah and all, but we're very proud to announce a Travis Schreven edition motor; the Micro Peeler CO27. This is going to be a limited edition motor and only available while they last.

More info coming soon, but the motor is available for purchase now on the web site. I will have a picture of it soon, the new label is very cool.

-Wes
Could you give some numbers this peeler pushes on the dyno?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.