Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Steve, Thanks for the info! Just to clarify, are you saying that at the beginning of the timing rotation is 20deg. and goes up from there and the end of the rotation is approximately 40 deg. I hope this isn't a stupid question, I just like to make sure I understand your info. Thanks again--Al
Old 07-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does Novak have any plans to make the sensor harness removable from the motor?

Or are newer ones already like that, and I just haven't seen them?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:16 PM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by Charlie
SKUBA!
CHARLIE!

Originally Posted by big al
Steve, Thanks for the info! Just to clarify, are you saying that at the beginning of the timing rotation is 20deg. and goes up from there and the end of the rotation is approximately 40 deg. I hope this isn't a stupid question, I just like to make sure I understand your info. Thanks again--Al
You've got it right. The stock setting should be about in the middle of that throw and should always be 30 degrees.

Originally Posted by drperry
Does Novak have any plans to make the sensor harness removable from the motor?

Or are newer ones already like that, and I just haven't seen them?
We actually released the Ballistic Modified winds with replacable sensor harness a few months ago! Check 'em out!

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/br...ors/index.html
Old 07-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
We actually released the Ballistic Modified winds with replacable sensor harness a few months ago!
LOL

Gotta love that eternal optimism from you Steve, BUT I'm pretty sure a lot of people want removable harnesses on motors not currently offered in the Ballistic motor line since 13.5, 17.5, and 21.5 is the majority of what is run in the USA.

When do you all have a new Race ESC with adjustable, PC Programmable, Timing Advance, etc... coming out?

Last edited by kn7671; 07-14-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Yo Skuba! See about a Dig Switch.....
Old 07-15-2009, 07:38 AM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by kn7671
LOL

Gotta love that eternal optimism from you Steve, BUT I'm pretty sure a lot of people want removable harnesses on motors not currently offered in the Ballistic motor line since 13.5, 17.5, and 21.5 is the majority of what is run in the USA.

When do you all have a new Race ESC with adjustable, PC Programmable, Timing Advance, etc... coming out?

Keep your eyes peeled about an announcment about the other motors!

As far as a new ESC goes, we are always working on things here, yet I cannot say when something might actually make it to the store shelves quite yet.

Just bare in mind that there's ALOT going on

Originally Posted by Charlie
Yo Skuba! See about a Dig Switch.....
Did I miss something? You need a Dig or...?
Old 07-16-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Al,

I would not really recommend trying to swap the endbells out as it requires a fair amount of soldering and if you overheat these particular parts they can be damaged rather easily. Not to mention the motor needs to be re-callibrated after this sort of event and all the proper equipment to do that is here!

I would try contacting our distributor in Australia, HEI, to see if they can offer you any sort of replacement options that will not cost you an arm and a leg in shipping.

HOBBY EXPRESS IMPORTERS PTY LTD
Unit 2/25 Date Street, Brookvale, Sydney, NSW 2100
Australia

Phone: (61) 02 9939 3644, FAX: (61) 02 9939 3788 Website: www.hobbyexpress.com.au
E-Mail: [email protected]
Thanks for that Steve

I'll give them a call

Cheers
Ryan
Old 07-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Steve,

Do you think the new Ballistic 13.5 motors will feel any different on the track than the previous generation motors?

Also, what happened to the graded rotors? I see they're no longer in your online store.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:02 AM
The Evicerator

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Steve,

Do you think the new Ballistic 13.5 motors will feel any different on the track than the previous generation motors?

Also, what happened to the graded rotors? I see they're no longer in your online store.
The Ballistic Spec motors should feel very close to the previous version's motors!

We are currently out of stock on the graded rotors at the moment an as such removed them from the store for the time being until we grade another batch.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default Brushless Motor Tech

Mr Steeve,

It's been a while since I saw the motor tech at novak website it's still says coming soon. Is this gonna be up pretty soon or do we need special too to check the motor for compliance.

I give you guys props for having a completely rebuildable brushless motor it's even better than the brush motor rebuilt this is awesome guys. Now all you really need is an updated ESC like what everybody is complaining and waiting for I'm already have a money set aside for it.

Last edited by chrisfrom619; 07-24-2009 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:01 AM
The Evicerator

We are incredibly busy with a number of different projects here and I'm afraid that one just got put on the backburner as we've been trying to coordinate with ROAR about how they want to do their tech as it makes no sense to have multiple tech methods being employed.

As soon as we can all get on the same page I think we'll move forward again with that site.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mr.Steve...

what do you think of the onroad track at WCRC? :P

and also...what tires do you think will end up being the best? So far ive tried sorex/speedmind premount 32's and RP36 premounts...both ran great but the 36s gave less rear bite so the rear end could swing around more whereas the 32s just felt completely planted nomatter what...what do you think?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
The Evicerator

I think the track is great!

It's really sort of a "dream track" to be honest!

I think sorex 36Rs of some type will be the best over-all tire there... the speedrex premounts may not be the best setup, but it should be close for most people.

I haven't ran any of the new batches of RP tires so I couldn't say what they're like...but back in the day with the "good" batches they were pretty decent tires.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi Steve,
Could you share with us what the timing range is on the new spec ballistic motors? Is it 20 - 40 like on the SS series?

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Wassup Steve,
Was cool meeting you at Pound It Paints Race. A group of us are heading up to WCRC tomorrow, I was going to try the Jaco Blues and MM Sweep 36's too. Since I got my Xray's quite a few drivers switched to the 009, awsome piece of machinery. I have'nt ran there and was wondering how the traction is at WCRC? I'm sure it's HIGH bite and was wondering what set-up would work in comparison to other set-ups on Xrayonline.com? I'm sure once I drive on the track I can make the proper adjustments, but would be nice to have a basic set-up to start from.

Thank You - Jaws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.