Wiki Posts
Search

question about Cyclone S parts support

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default question about Cyclone S parts support

I was considering buying a cyclone S (the rtr plastic version) but I recalled reading it is being discontinued?
Can anybody confirm if this is true? I'm just worried about parts support down the road if I get this car...

I was thinking about just getting an hpi sprint... its mainly for bashing and those things are tough, and parts are easy to get.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'd also consider a TC4. Parts support for the Cyclone S is definitely questionable. Search Cyclone S on ebay and you will return very few records. A search for the TC4 will return hundreds of records, not to mention tons of online retailers still support that chassis. And, you can order the stuff direct from Associated.

As for the Sprint, I'd be hesitant about buying one for bashing. Little rocks can and will get into the rear diff housing and chew up the rear belt in no time.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't think you'd have too much trouble finding parts for the Cyclone S since it does share a lot of parts with its big brothers the Cyclone series. However I had a Cyclone S and found some of the parts rather brittle and if you have to get Cyclone/Pro 4 parts they will be more expensive. If you are looking for mainly a basher the Sprint would be better for your wants/needs.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for the advise guys,
I had a sprint 2 before so I know that little thing is tough. I did the belt mod to it and problems with rocks were history

TC4 may be a bit above the budget for this particular case.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

oops, double post
sorry
Old 05-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

it is so sad that hb quick making the cyclone s it is a good car i having picking up more cars for parts since most of the parts you cant get anymore when i can get up the money to buy more does anyone know why hb quick making the cyclone s ?