Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho v-one rrr >

Kyosho v-one rrr

Kyosho v-one rrr

Old 12-20-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

It accepts two 3X6 (I think) ball bearings. Little smoother operation. The part comes with the RRR kit, just need to get 4 bearings.
Old 12-20-2004, 09:57 AM
JCB
Tech Addict

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting this car for the upcoming season. How long has it been out for? And where is the best location to get parts for it?? I live in NJ, but order a lot online. also, how's the pricing on parts versus the other 1/10 cars out there on the market?

thanks in advance...
Old 12-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Tower carries a full line of parts for the car, as does rc mushroom. Parts are relatively cheap. They dont seem to be any more expensive than the parts for my FT NTC3.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JCB
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of getting this car for the upcoming season. How long has it been out for? And where is the best location to get parts for it?? I live in NJ, but order a lot online. also, how's the pricing on parts versus the other 1/10 cars out there on the market?

thanks in advance...
I don't know anyone in south jersey that carrys Kyosho. No one likes to deal with GP. They will order it for you but if you are going to do that you might as well have it delivered to your door.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:42 AM
JCB
Tech Addict

I will order online. but only in the US. Do not want to pay a lot of $$$ for shipping. Also I would appreciate input feedback on this car.
I noticed on Tower they wanted something like $15 for a clutch shoe? I pay $6 for my Mugen clutch shoe.

Also, after buying the kit what is need to be competitive at the track? Anything additional I have to buy with the kit? comes with swar bars?

thanks again,
Old 12-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

Only problem with Tower is they don't carry all the parts. You will see parts on here and when you call tower they insist its an invalid or discontinued number. By the time they do bring them over the kit is two models old. They have been doing pretty good with the FW05 though but still a few things you can't get. If you want the latest stuff you have to go overseas.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by thescum
compaq888,

do you have a pix of your rrr....
if you read some of the above posts i have clearly stated that i do not own a RRR.

TRAJ, I'm not that concerned about the wiring space as much I am concerned about the receiver being open like that.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Tech Regular

the easy solution for the receiver, just put a balloon over the top of it, i've had to do this on nearly every nitro car i've owned.
there are cars out there with worse receiver positioning than the 3r
Old 12-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

The receiver does look prone to fuel soaking in those rushed pit stops (I've even gotten fuel on the disc brake of my 05) but as for crash impact, I think it's in a safe place, unlike the evo where it's prone to t-bones.
Old 12-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by JCB
I will order online. but only in the US. Do not want to pay a lot of $$$ for shipping. Also I would appreciate input feedback on this car.
I noticed on Tower they wanted something like $15 for a clutch shoe? I pay $6 for my Mugen clutch shoe.

Also, after buying the kit what is need to be competitive at the track? Anything additional I have to buy with the kit? comes with swar bars?

thanks again,
Hi JCB,

We've been recommending this person for sometime now. You may want to try him out... His name is YASU and you can email him at :

[email protected]

He is setting up his online store but is not completely running yet. Meantime, he already has his Kyosho items in stock and is willing to sell them for now. His prices are very competitive and has almost everything you need. Best of all is that he is within the U.S...

About the car, it is pretty much race ready out of the box. All you may need are gearing options to play around depending of the track you run at.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by jwf-ronni; 12-20-2004 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

hi there,

first and foremost thanks for the replies about receiver protecting... what happens is that about a month or so back i purchased the Kyosho Receiver Protector Slim from tower and tried fitting this to the receiver on the RRR, sad to say, this causes binding with the brake linkage.

Since then, on the advise of a local racer, i laterally flipped the linkage joint (part 33, of Step 38, page 24) and now there is no binding at all even at the most extreme conditions with the receiver (at power off and no epa, hope this makes sense )...

Have not tried ballooning or fitting the receiver with the protector since... was hoping to get a visual on how to do this, so if anyone has a pix, this would be greatly appreciated.... thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

the best thing for the receiver is cutting about an inch of a tire from a bicycle and putting it over. just as effective and looks better than a balloon.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

incidentally, quite a few club racers here do not even use the stock plastic receiver cover on their RRRs. They seem to think that there's a very slim chance of their RRR's receivers getting fuel soaked... is this foolhardy as most refuel from the front window... at the very least the plastic fuel cover would deflect unnecessary spraying from that angle....
Old 12-21-2004, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i would just use the receiver cover since it does not get in the way of wiring. Its just a little added ins. that fuel spills will be deflected a little.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:35 AM
JCB
Tech Addict

Originally posted by jwf-ronni
Hi JCB,

We've been recommending this person for sometime now. You may want to try him out... His name is YASU and you can email him at :

[email protected]

He is setting up his online store but is not completely running yet. Meantime, he already has his Kyosho items in stock and is willing to sell them for now. His prices are very competitive and has almost everything you need. Best of all is that he is within the U.S...

About the car, it is pretty much race ready out of the box. All you may need are gearing options to play around depending of the track you run at.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the info. I sent an email to YASU.

where else in the US can I buy the kit from??

thanks again,

-JC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.