Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Kyosho v-one rrr >

Kyosho v-one rrr

Kyosho v-one rrr

Old 05-22-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

alright, thanks for the info. im just curious, i probably wont do it since i just got my V-1 RRR as my first nitro car a few days ago, and im an absolute NOOB (WHAT THE HECK IS A PORT?)

Oh, and since you are a Kyosho team driver, might you know Mike Ellis? He is another Kyosho sponsored driver that lives in my area.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK sure on Hightracion Traks the new Compo will be better but here in Switzerland we have a lot of lowtraction Tracks so I can`t anwser that

But test the TF-5 Shocks guys the diverent is so big. Dont forget everybody has his own drivingstyle so test it an then you know whats the best for you.

greetz
Old 05-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Rear Upper Arm

I have now downloaded quite a few Team driver setup sheets and notice that almost all the team drivers set the rear Upper Arm Height at 0mm in the "IN" position. Now I understand that this makes the upper arm (camber link) longer and slightly less angled (compared to when you use the 2mm spacer) and that this will give more chassis roll and thus more grip in the rear. My question is, and I intend to try this on Sunday (race day ) anyway, does this give more rear grip onpower or offpower?
Old 05-23-2007, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by johnypiston
I have now downloaded quite a few Team driver setup sheets and notice that almost all the team drivers set the rear Upper Arm Height at 0mm in the "IN" position. Now I understand that this makes the upper arm (camber link) longer and slightly less angled (compared to when you use the 2mm spacer) and that this will give more chassis roll and thus more grip in the rear. My question is, and I intend to try this on Sunday (race day ) anyway, does this give more rear grip onpower or offpower?
By removing the spacers you lowering the Roll Center. Lower rear Roll Center has the following effects.

• More on-throttle grip.
• More weight transfer at rear of car.
• Less grip under braking.
• Use to avoid traction rolling at corner entry (increases rear grip).
• Use under low traction conditions.
• Increases traction, reduces rear tire wear.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Great ...thanks for the response!! This is exactly what I have been waiting to hear. My car has phenomenal front grip ...so much that the rear feels light offpower and is slightly lose under power. I have been battling this since I got the car about six months ago and have tried different springs and shock positions to no avail. At the last club race I got desperate and used 40 shore fronts and 35 shore rears! This helped BIG time but the faster rear tire wear absolutely killed the balance of the car even before reaching the halfway mark in the qualifiers!!

Seems I need to back to the stock setup and then try the new new upper link position.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by johnypiston
Great ...thanks for the response!! This is exactly what I have been waiting to hear. My car has phenomenal front grip ...so much that the rear feels light offpower and is slightly lose under power. I have been battling this since I got the car about six months ago and have tried different springs and shock positions to no avail. At the last club race I got desperate and used 40 shore fronts and 35 shore rears! This helped BIG time but the faster rear tire wear absolutely killed the balance of the car even before reaching the halfway mark in the qualifiers!!

Seems I need to back to the stock setup and then try the new new upper link position.
Use 10`000 or 5`000 Oil in the rear diff.. the car will be eayser to drive out of the corner! changing the hardnes of the rear diff is very important.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Little_Mike
alright, thanks for the info. im just curious, i probably wont do it since i just got my V-1 RRR as my first nitro car a few days ago, and im an absolute NOOB (WHAT THE HECK IS A PORT?)

Oh, and since you are a Kyosho team driver, might you know Mike Ellis? He is another Kyosho sponsored driver that lives in my area.
I might get a chance to meet him maybe at the nationals
Old 05-23-2007, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi....
1.basically what effect will one be having when changing the rear shock position?
2.i am running a new set up just to see how, and i like it except i'm feeling understeer at corner entry/ or the rear is too planted? i need a little bit more loose rear and it would be almost perfect...corner exit is ok..

thanks.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcabj
hi....
1.basically what effect will one be having when changing the rear shock position?
2.i am running a new set up just to see how, and i like it except i'm feeling understeer at corner entry/ or the rear is too planted? i need a little bit more loose rear and it would be almost perfect...corner exit is ok..

thanks.
If you change the rear shock position to the bottom is like you have a lighter spring.You earn more rear grip.

All these changes to the rear affecting the rear grip:
  • Hrear tyre than front
  • Higher rear shock position
  • Harder rear spring
  • Less rear TOE-IN
  • Less rear droop
You can also try to lower the front shock position or change front caster.
Remember to make 1 change at a time

Hope this help you

Regards,

Nick
Old 05-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikoskar
If you change the rear shock position to the bottom is like you have a lighter spring.You earn more rear grip.

All these changes to the rear affecting the rear grip:
  • Hrear tyre than front
  • Higher rear shock position
  • Harder rear spring
  • Less rear TOE-IN
  • Less rear droop
You can also try to lower the front shock position or change front caster.
Remember to make 1 change at a time

Hope this help you

Regards,

Nick
thanks a lot mate
Old 05-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default Where is the cheapest?

Ok, I'm ready to pick up a V-One Evo WC RRR . . . . which on-line retailer has it the cheapest?

Thanks.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Do you guys usually go with the collet that comes with the kit or the collet that comes with the engine?
Old 05-25-2007, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Originally Posted by Krafcik
Ok, I'm ready to pick up a V-One Evo WC RRR . . . . which on-line retailer has it the cheapest?

Thanks.
I got mine from this store online : V1RRR Evo WCE KYO31260B

Plus you get free & quick UPS shipping.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Krafcik

Thanks.
Krafcik,
Check this out
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=163283
Old 05-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default KAWAHARA RACING PRODUCTS

Does anyone know where i can buy on line Kawahara products for v-one rrr ?
I'm basically interested for the K472 and the K497.Here are the pics?
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-k.472.jpg   Kyosho v-one rrr-k.497.jpg  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.