Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho v-one rrr

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Perfect thanks.

I assuming there is no advantage to having these on the rear of a WCE ?

Infact, would straight dog bones not be more efficient on the rear ?

EDIT:- Arrgggh.

That new blue adjustable roll bar kit thats been released fouls the rear belt.

Just got off the phone to Joel Johnson and hes saying its a manufacturing issue.

They made the bar too thin, so it drops it down in the car so much that it fouls the rear belt.

Do not buy this part, its on recall.

Last edited by rcrossco_1; 08-31-2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Do you mean:

VZW204 REAR ADJUSTABLE STABLIZER SET?

If so i used it on my rrr wc last week and when i mounted it i noticed it hits the rear belt, i thought it was supposed that way and ran with it. I am now preparing my car for a kyosho race this weekend and the belt has wore of the anodising on the middle of the blue mount. And this was after only 400ml of fuel. Should i expect problems if i keep using this part? Or is there a way to fix this? As i really like how easy it to change the strength of the sway bar.

(I did strip a rear belt that day, but that was due a broken bearing.)
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one rrr-vzw204.jpg  
Old 08-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Rookie

hi all,

i have also installed the new adjustable rear swaybar and tested it out last sunday at the mach track in heemstede netherlands, i whas really happy with it because adjusting is going so easy, buth yesterday i get it of to clean it and noticed the same as what you can see on the picture from ice. is there a solution for it? my rear belt is broken now also

does the kawahara version the same problem? anyone a good pic of the underside of the adjustable rear swaybar?
Old 08-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

No.

Ive spoken to Joel Johnson directly, who in turn spoke to Josh Cyrul while I was on the phone.

DO NOT use these new parts.

The prototype had a much thicker bar that spaced it away from the belt.

You can grind the base down, but its going to leave a fractional bit of metal left.

Call Kyosho and speak to them if you need to return it.

Josh ground his down, and didnt tell anyone!

Last edited by rcrossco_1; 08-31-2006 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm sure Kyosho will be taking care of the issue. Is it necessary to advertise to have everyone call Joel directly? Probably not. He's a busy guy, I'm sure he has already reported it to Kyosho Japan. I'm sure once they hear what's the plan is, Tim will hop on here and give an update.

Dom
Old 08-31-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Is it necessary to advertise to have everyone call Joel directly? Probably not. He's a busy guy, I'm sure he has already reported it to Kyosho Japan. I'm sure once they hear what's the plan is, Tim will hop on here and give an update.
Dom

Is it necessary to criticise me for posting the issue with this?

I went to the trouble of calling the US from the UK, had a nice chat with Joel, and posted it here.

If you think people are "too busy" to help others then perhaps they should be working elsewhere.

Im busy at work like everyone else, and when people need my help they get it.

How are you meant to organise the return of a part from an online webshop?

People have to be spoken to as its not your normal situation.

If you have nothing constructive to post then please dont post at all !
Old 08-31-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, we bought the part in Holland so i guess we need to speak with someone over here.(Probably ask someone at the kyosho race) But we thought as the problem is that the stabilizer is sitting to low. We might just insert some small carbon tube (around 1 to 2 mm in diameter) below the bar so we get some more clearance. Would this be a good temporary solution? Or would it alter the way the stabilizer is supposed to work in any way? If it wouldn't work i think it is not a real big problem, as we could switch back to the old type of stabilizers and switch the different types during runs, but i was really looking forward in using this new part as it is nice to drive a couple of laps, drive in the pit, adjust the stabilizer and feel the difference in handling.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Should be fine.

The main point is it must be able to pivot freely.

If it can do this and avoid the belt then I see no reason why you wouldnt be good to go.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

Not trying to pick a fight here. But your original post before you edited it asked to have everyone call Joel directly. Post it up here if there is a product problem so everyone is aware of it but your original post as "Call Joel and speak to him". Joel is an extremely nice guy and I'm not trying to save him work or what not, and he already provided excellent customer service to both team drivers and regular customers.

Anything constructive? Remember who answered your questions about your universals? Christ!

Dom
Old 08-31-2006, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Just as reference, this is what the bottom of the Kawahara sway blade looks like (sorry about the size, I'm not at home):

Old 08-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Rainer, comes to think about it, have you found the replacement blades for your Kawahara rear sway yet? Might want to see if the Kyosho ones will fit. VZW204-01 is the part# for the replacement blades only.

Dom
Old 08-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Rainer, comes to think about it, have you found the replacement blades for your Kawahara rear sway yet? Might want to see if the Kyosho ones will fit. VZW204-01 is the part# for the replacement blades only.

Dom
Hi Dom,

Thanks for the part#. Yeah, I've been thinking about it. Just haven't made a point of it doing it. I'm not too happy about the fact that it breaks. I guess I'll get a set when I order some parts next week.

Congrats on the baby btw..
Old 08-31-2006, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Hi Dom,

Thanks for the part#. Yeah, I've been thinking about it. Just haven't made a point of it doing it. I'm not too happy about the fact that it breaks. I guess I'll get a set when I order some parts next week.

Congrats on the baby btw..
Thanks man! Wow, how did the news of the baby travel on rctech?!??

Hopefully that K part will work out for you. Haven't seen you on the board lately.... busy racing?

Man, life is changing quickly... I just traded in my Audi TT for a Jeep Grand Cherokee! Well, easier to haul r/c stuff anyway! All my plan to go to Nats and big races next year will have to take a backseat. Due date should be around April. But either way, my kid will be hell of a r/c driver! Planning on winning the 2022 Worlds!

Dom
Old 08-31-2006, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks man! Wow, how did the news of the baby travel on rctech?!??

Hopefully that K part will work out for you. Haven't seen you on the board lately.... busy racing?

Man, life is changing quickly... I just traded in my Audi TT for a Jeep Grand Cherokee! Well, easier to haul r/c stuff anyway! All my plan to go to Nats and big races next year will have to take a backseat. Due date should be around April. But either way, my kid will be hell of a r/c driver! Planning on winning the 2022 Worlds!

Dom
I've been pretty busy lately. Seems like the race days creep up on me faster than I can get my cars ready. RRRs have been doing well - engines have been giving me problems, but hey, that's all part of the hobby.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Are you running the CRF? We don't have any guys running that down here, but seen a couple of guys in WA running them and both of them had some kind of problems with it. When it runs good, it's a fast motor though, also sounds awesome!

Dom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.