Wiki Posts
Search

TA-05v2 Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 12:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Default TA-05v2 Help Please

Hi guys,
I am new to this forum but so far it is very good for imformation etc.
I am about to start getting into racing and have come accross a problem I am sure people will roll there eyes at but after much searching I am confused...So here goes!
I am planning on using a TA-05 v2 and have already started putting some things together including a TAMIYA TA-05 Graphite Chassis Conversion Kit Ver. 2. My problem is that this chassis is for non IFS but when I look to buy a TA-05 v2 I have no idea what one is IFS or not or if I buy an IFS can it be converted back?

So I hope someone out there can clear it up for me.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

Yes there is a conversion set that can change a 3Racing v2 carbon chassis to use ifs. its TA05-IF22A

http://os.3racing.hk/products.php?products_key=3555

However you have a Ta05v2 and this chassis wont work even if you get the ifs conversion parts as the suspension shafts are different. You will need to buy Ta05 v1 suspension shafts as well (2 packets of Tamiya part no 53870) as the v2 shafts are shorter.

I dont know if there are any different parts, but I know the above at least need to be changed.

I think you will be best to sell this and look at the exotech chassis for the Ta05v2 it will fit straight on and it will be more suited to racing.

http://exotekracing.com/EXOTEK_NEWS/...7/12_EX05.html
Old 04-27-2011, 03:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Oh ok that makes some sense thank you.
If I am to buy a TA05v2 without IFS as I would prefer not to have it what model do I get?
Old 04-27-2011, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

If plan not to go with ifs might want to look into 416 or 417 chassis. These a suited for racing with out upgrades.

My ta05 v2 R came with both parts to make ifs or non ifs.

Also chassis wise go with exotek. Ex05 it can do both ifs and non with the corrct kit.

http://www.hyperdrift.com/forum/view...hp?f=46&t=5676

That is my build up. So far will replacing front and rear bulk head with the v1 3racing ifs. And will be replacing the motor mount with alu ver2 motor mount.

Expect to drop some major cash going this route unless u dont plant to go with a ful race suited car. other things are screws buy a screw kit or pick up 10-15 bucks worth of hex screws that will strip less. Which i did right of the start.