Old TC Cars - Still Racing Competitively

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
The reason I like shaft is because it represents reality, on top of being cheaper to own, maintain,etc... I think shaft is faster in the right hands, but will agree that the driver is everything in Rc and in real life : a bad driver took Paul Walker out, and that Carrera GT disaster of a car should be recalled, PERIOD !!! Just imagine trying to handle a 3.5t boosted T4 on slippery concrete, with a broken front belt: that's a Carrera GT Rc car right there.... No way baby !!!
The Jeremy Clarkson review of that car was completely accurate and a bit chilling. I agree with shaft being faster I just always liked the stealth quiet of the belt.....sneaking up on people!
Old 12-03-2013, 08:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

The XXXS is still the stealthiest of all belts, 'till you slam on the brakes . Another example of a car that could thrive with support. Instead of the retarded "drift" rtr, they should have put out a VTA-type release. When I sold my surplus of triple XS stuff I got a decent amount of $$$ for the NIB belts and MF parts I had.

One of the greats that will soon fade into the (lack of essential parts) oblivion...
Old 12-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fade like that movie Oblivion..ahahah... I tell you all that ,as a Parking attendant that drives these Mclaren Mp4 12C's, Ferraris, and Porsches daily, there is no way I would even attempt any kind of speeding in these death traps.... The corvette z06 though is a charm, and easy to get in and out of, on top of having the engine where it's supposed to be... In a crash, these porsche's gas tanks(in front)+ the NOS bottles(in front) combine for a deadly explosion while wetting the driver+passenger on impact... I'd rather have an engine on my lap Corvette style....lol... Front belts do break in belt cars, ruining any chance of TQ, while driveshafts never really do..... I've never heard of a German Rc Car , have you ???
Old 12-04-2013, 01:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nf_ekt
The XXXS is still the stealthiest of all belts, 'till you slam on the brakes . Another example of a car that could thrive with support. Instead of the retarded "drift" rtr, they should have put out a VTA-type release. When I sold my surplus of triple XS stuff I got a decent amount of $$$ for the NIB belts and MF parts I had.

One of the greats that will soon fade into the (lack of essential parts) oblivion...
Agreed...I used and still use a XXXS to do very well in VTA with it. I used it to win the USVTA scale nationals last April...that was over just about every new and old car on the market...Shafties too. If Losi would put just a little more modern updates into a XXXS platform then there might be trouble out there....IE add the JRXS shocks, pivot balls in the suspension mounts, move motor in more if possible, Gear diff not that it needs it for lower speed classes...and narrow up the chassis some or go to a graphite plate car like the XXXS proto type was....ahh to dream.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:13 AM
Tech Master

Actually the same guy that has reproduced the belts with success is working on a double deck plate version of the xxxs.....heard it hear first!
Old 12-04-2013, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skater-deez1
Actually the same guy that has reproduced the belts with success is working on a double deck plate version of the xxxs.....heard it hear first!

Nice more info please....
Old 12-04-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
Nice more info please....
I will as soon as I get some,will probably be the carbon chassis with aluminum bulkheads as most cars but sporting the xxxs single belt drivetrain.Then I think I'll go to war with all those cool guys with 2 belts!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Agreed...I used and still use a XXXS to do very well in VTA with it. I used it to win the USVTA scale nationals last April...that was over just about every new and old car on the market...Shafties too. If Losi would put just a little more modern updates into a XXXS platform then there might be trouble out there....IE add the JRXS shocks, pivot balls in the suspension mounts, move motor in more if possible, Gear diff not that it needs it for lower speed classes...and narrow up the chassis some or go to a graphite plate car like the XXXS proto type was....ahh to dream.
Thank you, Good Sir, for raising the value of my XXXS stuff when I sold it .... Either way the car seemed to have a revival of sorts and suddenly the things (especially spur adapters and belts / HD belt kits) were going for silly money. I sold my nearly stock / stripped roller for about $110, but damn man those belts I had slowly collected over time where the cash cows . Hated to let it go as it was the first car I had ever won a race with in on-road, but it just seemed like time for it to go.

Now, if these rumors of a newer "version" of the car are to hold true, and said belts are being made, well I could for sure see my self getting back into the game with a Triple XS. Especially with better (like jrxs, as mentioned) shocks, ect. The car almost always worked well for me and is one of my faves.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

Thank you, Good Sir, for raising the value of my XXXS stuff when I sold it .... Either way the car seemed to have a revival of sorts and suddenly the things (especially spur adapters and belts / HD belt kits) were going for silly money. I sold my nearly stock / stripped roller for about $110, but damn man those belts I had slowly collected over time where the cash cows . Hated to let it go as it was the first car I had ever won a race with in on-road, but it just seemed like time for it to go.

Now, if these rumors of a newer "version" of the car are to hold true, and said belts are being made, well I could for sure see my self getting back into the game with a Triple XS. Especially with better (like jrxs, as mentioned) shocks, ect. The car almost always worked well for me and is one of my faves.
The belts are already a done deal,i'm running one right now and after many runs with a 4.5 it still looks like new. As for the chassis that's probably awhile away but gives some of us hope. I never raced the xxxs competitively(back then it was the tc3,414m2,and tc4)but I wanted a belt car for at our private on road track and the only belt car that can shrug off small stones...the xxxs!
Old 12-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skater-deez1
The belts are already a done deal,i'm running one right now and after many runs with a 4.5 it still looks like new. As for the chassis that's probably awhile away but gives some of us hope. I never raced the xxxs competitively(back then it was the tc3,414m2,and tc4)but I wanted a belt car for at our private on road track and the only belt car that can shrug off small stones...the xxxs!
Do you have a pic / more details on these belts, and how to get a hold of one? You never know sometimes one of these cars can be found for around 50-60 bux. If a belt is available then BAM! you have yourself a cheap roller.

If someone would fab up spur adapters then the car could be nearly future-proof. Arms and the such are pretty easy to find. When I sold mine I must have sold like 20+ arms as well. In VTA I never broke a single thing...
Old 12-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Do you have a pic / more details on these belts, and how to get a hold of one? You never know sometimes one of these cars can be found for around 50-60 bux. If a belt is available then BAM! you have yourself a cheap roller.

If someone would fab up spur adapters then the car could be nearly future-proof. Arms and the such are pretty easy to find. When I sold mine I must have sold like 20+ arms as well. In VTA I never broke a single thing...
Yeah actually check out this thread or at least the last couple of pages!http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...n-mod-etc.html
Old 12-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know of a few xxxs's that still race quite effectively here locally. It seems to be quite the well designed car that still can lay the smack down.

Jason
Old 12-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fresnojay
I know of a few xxxs's that still race quite effectively here locally. It seems to be quite the well designed car that still can lay the smack down.

Jason
+1 on that I don't race competitively but for the 6 or 8 cars we get together at our track. Most guys have newer cars and they're all chasing the xxxs everytime. In capable hand they can be pretty lethal!
Old 12-22-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello, I really like this thread a lot....

I also have a lot of oldies here and there....
Old 05-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default My recently updated 414 clone

Updated my kawada SV-10 II yet again.

Newly designed chassis for shorty lipos, chassis has been narrowed down to 70mm at it widest points, thickness 2.4mm, and the biggest change is the modern floating servo mount from VBC. Belt sides have been flipped from original also. This together with a mixed gear TRF417 gear diff (plastic main gears and 4 steel center bevel) makes a super smooth rear diff. Tested the car yesterday against a VBC D06 and it handled like a dream, even with the original old suspension.

Last edited by alcyon; 05-14-2014 at 01:44 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.