PRC Quad12

Old 01-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Keith,
Thanks for the props. I never get tired of hearing how people enjoy the Q12.
Try more sauce on the front tires. Try about 3/8 of the front tire and then try 1/2 and possibly more until you get the result you are after. Also, what front springs are you using? If you are using .020, you may want to try .018.
Glegg is right about the tires. As much as you might hate to true down new tires, you gotta do it to get the car to work right. This is true for any 1/12 car on carpet not just the Q12.

D.P.
Old 01-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by kt racing
I'm running the same thing. I'm fighting a push. The front end of the car will actually slide in the corners. I sauce half of the rear tires and 1/4 of the front.
purple in front
gray in rear
carpet track using 19 turn.
how do the pink and double pink compounds work?
You might try a .030 washer under the front of the T plate piviot.

I use 20 springs, 35 wieght oil and the olive colored center spring. This is on a med to low bite carpet track.

I prefer double pink fronts at my home track.

Good Luck!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

tplate-75
castor 2degree
ride height 3mm
tires front 58.5mm
tires rear 59mm
like everyone said those tires are huge.
I work in inches so fronts should be 1.73 to 1.80 rears 1.83 to 1.88 max!

As far as caster I have one shim infront and one in back!. with a .20 front spring
about 1/4 degree toe out.

Also when you say push in the corners are you saying mid corner to exit. Or at corner entry. If its entry more sauce will help, as will smaller tires.
If its mid corner and exit try more caster like 4. Tires and spring are done lasr as they are drastic changes.

Also quick question is your diff smooth or tight! That will also contribute to a push!
Old 01-06-2005, 05:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

like everyone said those tires are huge.
I went home and mesured the tires last night.
The front is 173.5
The rear 179.5
I guess I was thinking about tc I don't know.
Toe is set at 1/2 out.
The diff is really smooth I tried it tight and that made it worse.
The car definitly pushes out of the corner. Oh and by the way it is brand new carpet from CRC. We just finished putting it down last week. So that is probably has a little to do with it.
Old 01-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Tech Addict

I would strongly recommend double-pink or magenta/cyan front tires for 19 turn if you are dealing with push.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

I went home and mesured the tires last night.
The front is 173.5
The rear 179.5
I guess I was thinking about tc I don't know.
Toe is set at 1/2 out.
The diff is really smooth I tried it tight and that made it worse.
The car definitly pushes out of the corner. Oh and by the way it is brand new carpet from CRC. We just finished putting it down last week. So that is probably has a little to do with it.
Before changing tires you still havent said where your caster shims are try increasing it will give you more exit steering.
Going to softer tire will make car steer funky and bite very quick. Caster change is more suttle.

You may also let the carpet get some what of a groove built up as this will change the cars handling.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

castor is one in front and one in back.
Some of the corners on the track are really good and some the car just slides the front end exiting the corner. I'm going to do some more testing after we close the hobby shop tonight and try a couple of your suggestions.
thanks
keith
Old 01-06-2005, 07:07 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

put some more weight on the front wheels, move the batteries forward some.

Also are you SURE this isnt driver error? Depending on throttle modulation, and how you enter a corner can make the car seem out of control wiht a nasty push or an over steer. I have been working myself to learn how to drive my car better as the simple act of blipin the throttle too late, or too soon into a corner can cause the car to get all off ballanced
Old 01-06-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

castor is one in front and one in back.
Some of the corners on the track are really good and some the car just slides the front end exiting the corner. I'm going to do some more testing after we close the hobby shop tonight and try a couple of your suggestions.
thanks
keith
If its inconsistant then good chance its the carpet. Give it time to come around.
Like clegg mentioned move the batts forward.
I would only go one step forward if necessary. Some guys like more but I like rearward bite!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would like to fix the problem with other methods than moving the battieries. I would like to keep that weight were it is.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

try a 20 thousandths shimm under the front spring It will keep the front strapped down like a limiter and will help the car keep the car flatter and tighter comming out!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:03 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I got the PRC kit in hand... WOW.

The 2.5mm chassis is a freaking tank... I am pretty sure I could put this chassis under my Nitro car and it would fair ok

beautiful work on the parts, I am all kinds of excited to get my car all up and running again!! Also all kinds of excited to see people look at the car and go "what is that?!"
Old 01-06-2005, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Clegg
I got the PRC kit in hand... WOW.

The 2.5mm chassis is a freaking tank... I am pretty sure I could put this chassis under my Nitro car and it would fair ok

beautiful work on the parts, I am all kinds of excited to get my car all up and running again!! Also all kinds of excited to see people look at the car and go "what is that?!"
Tank? what do you mean?
Old 01-06-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

MY PRC " tank " is 1/4 oz under 28 oz .
Old 01-06-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Glegg,
I'll take "tank" as a compliment. You are used to seeing the flexi-flyer chassis' that are out there. My car is set up for stock and with the "tank" chassis but without a body weighs 27oz. Add a light weight body and it is right on the money.

D.P.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.