Community
Wiki Posts
Search

can't decide on new buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Tech Addict

Sure

Inside shots were just after it was built.. got Hudy servo arms on it now and a few upgrades and XZ-B engine ect
Old 04-12-2011, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

looks nice jamiekerr i will certainly think about it.

i think my local shop has an agama in stock i will find out

many thanks

lewis
Old 04-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Addict

No worries buddy, there both great cars.. I think the A8 is a fraction faster once setup is nailed. And a lot have commented on how similar it drives to a losi-Which will be a plus for you. Only upgrades I recommend getting are-Upgraded diff Orings are stock start to leak a tad after 1/2 a gall. And thats all it needs. Fantastic buggy! You will enjoy either one
Old 04-12-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jamiekerr14
No worries buddy, there both great cars.. I think the A8 is a fraction faster once setup is nailed. And a lot have commented on how similar it drives to a losi-Which will be a plus for you. Only upgrades I recommend getting are-Upgraded diff Orings are stock start to leak a tad after 1/2 a gall. And thats all it needs. Fantastic buggy! You will enjoy either one
after speaking to a good friend of mine he recommends that i stick with losi because he is uncertain how a new company like agama will last. not to offend anyone but i do agree i would rather stick with a company that has built a reputation and i dont have to worry about spares.

i will talk to my dad though he will probably have the final say in what i spend with my own money!

many thanks

lewis
Old 04-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

lol I think your under estimating the size of Agama tbh mate-no offence

They don't have the financial to spend like AE, Losi.. which is why they cant pay someone like Drake or Maif to run for them. Its your call at the end of the day.. but Agama are not going to drop of the face of the earth in 2 months time trust me. Agama have been around well over a year
Old 04-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

i have been told i can decide which buggy i want so my dad said.

so i can either have the losi 8ight eu which i already have spares for as a have a losi so i also know how to build one and know all the setup tips about them. or do i start from scratch and get the agama a8 which looks good but i will need to get spares as well such as suspension arms hubs etc. and i also dont know a good setup for it. overall it looks like the losi has one but i still cant keep my eyes of the agama i think it is that bodyshell that makes it look so good!

opinions people?

many thanks

lewis
Old 04-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis666
i have been told i can decide which buggy i want so my dad said.

so i can either have the losi 8ight eu which i already have spares for as a have a losi so i also know how to build one and know all the setup tips about them. or do i start from scratch and get the agama a8 which looks good but i will need to get spares as well such as suspension arms hubs etc. and i also dont know a good setup for it. overall it looks like the losi has one but i still cant keep my eyes of the agama i think it is that bodyshell that makes it look so good!

opinions people?

many thanks

lewis
agama is kinda like an mugen losi mix. not really copying design or anything because it is deff different but it kinda drives like a losi and kinda like mugen, so everyone says. the shock geometry is very similar to mugen and the front end is like losi. just get the one you like most and dont look back. just forget about your spares and think of it as your starting from scratch with each and then make your decision with that in mind, if you make a decision based on spares you may not make the best decision for you.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like your on a budget and wanting to try something new. Which is the reason I went with the HB D8 hara. Parts are really affordable, I like the shocks on the D8 better than on the 808 but thats just what I think. Pick which ever you think feels right for you
Old 04-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis666
im not really keen on the agama just because i haven't heard much about them and i haven't seen a huge amount of shops stocking parts. i was just curious about the xray i posted it looks good for the price but i am unsure how much of a difference the 2010 is from the 2011 as i cant afford the 2011 version because i have a small budget of £360

what about hot bodies d8?

many thanks

lewis
360 pounds is about $590 us dollars anyway the link I sent you has the 808 2011 spec at $565 usd plus post so get the 2011 spec buggy its just a way more reliable buggy than the 2010 spec. anyway go with what you think.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If money is an issue, then get the D8. Best bang for the buck and really durable. Just as capable as any car that costs twice as much imo.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

LOSI!!!! The only way to roll
Old 04-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you are afraid of the Agama, then look at the Caster. Small company also been around since 2004 and not going anywhere due to OEM manufacturing. Great pricing, great service, great durability, great handling, etc...

We are still here......
Old 04-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

i have decided to go for a losi 8ight eu my local model shop has. i already have a losi so i have spares, i know how to build one and things to watch out for, my dad also got me a losi hoddie so i do kind of need to own a losi.

thanks for the comments they where all very helpful

many thanks

lewis
Old 04-13-2011, 01:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by inpuressa
If money is an issue, then get the D8. Best bang for the buck and really durable. Just as capable as any car that costs twice as much imo.
You have to bare in mind that in the UK, the D8 costs the same as an EU, so probably not such good "bang for buck" value as in the US.

Personally, given the choice.......Id go for the JQ
Old 04-13-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

nothing wrong with the world champ...mp9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.