Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oldnoob
hi my order is RX5259, i have not received the order yet,just thinking can i change the blue bellcrank to a black one ...? dont mind waiting ...
Please contact the store about this and they can see if there are any available for the change.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Christian do you think its possible to make Thompson CVD's small enough for a TC? Would it be cost prohibitive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEvaOg7glKk
Old 05-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Hey Christian do you think its possible to make Thompson CVD's small enough for a TC? Would it be cost prohibitive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEvaOg7glKk
Those are awesome! I would think the only problem is they might be fragile based on the size the parts would have to be. And they look fairly complex to build.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Those are awesome! I would think the only problem is they might be fragile based on the size the parts would have to be. And they look fairly complex to build.
And the joints are huge, and have a maximum angle of 20deg.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It would be a major undertaking wouldnt it.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

All setup and ready for its maiden voyage tomorrow...

Old 05-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
All setup and ready for its maiden voyage tomorrow...

Looks good
Old 05-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Looks very good! Keep us posted!
Old 05-11-2012, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

When can we expect the Chassis in Europe?
Old 05-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

As soon as I receive the motor mount bracket, which will be in about 2 weeks. If you want it shipped first, let me know and i can always ship you the mount bracket separately.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
As soon as I receive the motor mount bracket, which will be in about 2 weeks. If you want it shipped first, let me know and i can always ship you the mount bracket separately.
I don't use the bracket because it slightly tweaked the car from the start. No issues in mod so I wont use it anyway.

I will send you a PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

First time out with the car today. Hard to judge. It was my first time on asphalt in 3 years and traction seemed spotty for everyone (only 2nd weekend of racing and it was a cool overcast day).
Old 05-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Bummer.

I did notice that you run a full top deck. Since you are on asphalt, at least flip it over and use button head screws instead of the countersinks. Leave the forward most rear screws off the car.

For extra flex look at the top deck of my car in the pictures. I cut the rear cross member and the front as well. This should aid on your lower grip days.

I run my car this way on our high grip treated asphalt track too.

Also, post your set-up so that I can check it out and offer some suggestions.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

I ran the standard setup you posted a couple pages back. Used Solaris medium tires. Ended up removing the rear swaybars which helped some fish tailing I would have in some spots on the track. Will definately adjust the top deck next week. I was hesitant to make any radical changes because the track seemed way different from the normal race traction.

One question I had on the setup is where it lists RSD + 3 on the camber link positions. I assume the 3 means a 3mm shim?

By the way there were no durability issues which I wouldn't think there would be but you never know.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by or8ital
I ran the standard setup you posted a couple pages back. Used Solaris medium tires. Ended up removing the rear swaybars which helped some fish tailing I would have in some spots on the track. Will definately adjust the top deck next week. I was hesitant to make any radical changes because the track seemed way different from the normal race traction.

One question I had on the setup is where it lists RSD + 3 on the camber link positions. I assume the 3 means a 3mm shim?

By the way there were no durability issues which I wouldn't think there would be but you never know.
Ok, so from there, maybe go down in oil to about 500 or even 500F / 450R for oil. This is the oil set-up I ran in the cold with the TC6.

Typically, I have found I get more exit traction with a sway bar on vs off.

Another thing to do is run lighter rear diff oil.

Are you running a front diff? I would go with the spool. It should generate more traction. I have never found gear diffs to be better than a spool, and I have noticed that most pro drivers only use them in extreme high grip carpet races. I know some people will run them on big sweeping tracks, but my experience on larger tracks is a bit limited.

With Solaris Hard, you are going to be a little limited on traction if the track is dirty, but they are pretty good even when cold outside. We use black can Paragon on them and they hook up pretty well if the track is cleaned and treated. Mediums I have found are only good for a couple of runs before they drop off a lot. It's more of a carpet tire than asphalt. Try hards and they might surprise you in that they are better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.