Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default new bladders

I just place an order on the new bladders cant wait to get them
Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
Hi Cristian -

Are you shipping orders? I had an order processed on 9/11. No package yet
Mark. I processed a lot of the orders later in the week on Wednesday, instead of Monday. Can you forward me your order confirmation to get it sorted out and verified. I unfortunately lost some of the orders from Saturday/Sunday and had to ship them based on what came through the email.

I will check tomorrow to see if it shipped, but if I get the forwarded email from you, it would help a ton.

Thanks! And so sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Cristian

Did you have any chance to try the SpecR diff yet? and if you did, what do you think of it?

Cheers
Old 09-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by olly986
Hi Cristian

Did you have any chance to try the SpecR diff yet? and if you did, what do you think of it?

Cheers
They are hit and miss.. Once you get the shimming right they work fine but the shimming the paper says is not always right. The first one I had I built to the manual and it lasted about 3 laps. The 2nd one I built to how I felt it should be and its been that way for the past 3 months running mostly mod. The best thing I can say is when you build it try to slip the gears by hand, if you can then you need more shims. I would definitely keep a spare gearset on hand.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

I, on the other hand have not had any issues with any of their diffs. I have had 5 or 6 of them too, for different cars. The performance has been great on all of them once adjusted correctly. I also noticed that different cars like different diff oils weights inside the diff, and that I tend to like no more than 400-500 CST in mine.

It is important that you sand the gears, but not too much. The first one I did this too much and the diff gears did not last too long. It might take you one or two sets of gears until you really know how much to sand when taking down the gears to get a better mesh. I usually sand until all the sheen from the mold is gone, but when you still have the injection molding dots on the gear. I also replace the X Rings with some of our Mini-Z diff O-rings as I feel they seal better on the out drive due to the material being softer. Some grease on the o rings should also help seal better.

Take note that I would probably replace these parts and do this procedure on any other gear diff, regardless of brand.

It is also important that you match the stripe on the case side and the cover side so that these seal properly. Tighten the screws real well.

When you first drive it some oil will sling. But this is from the overflow left on it after building it, clean the body and check again. It should be dry. If not, then something is wrong in your build.

My previous built diff lasted me about 8 or so months of racing about 3 race days per month.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
They are hit and miss.. Once you get the shimming right they work fine but the shimming the paper says is not always right. The first one I had I built to the manual and it lasted about 3 laps. The 2nd one I built to how I felt it should be and its been that way for the past 3 months running mostly mod. The best thing I can say is when you build it try to slip the gears by hand, if you can then you need more shims. I would definitely keep a spare gearset on hand.
If you are having to shim your gears, you are sanding them down too much Mike. This I have learned. The problem is after you use shims, the gears seem to get out of mesh from time to time, where you have to just open them up and re-assemble them. If they are skipping, time for new gears!
Old 09-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
If you are having to shim your gears, you are sanding them down too much Mike. This I have learned. The problem is after you use shims, the gears seem to get out of mesh from time to time, where you have to just open them up and re-assemble them. If they are skipping, time for new gears!
The 1st set I just touched with 800 but not much at all, and didnt sand the 2nd set at all. When I was at nats I was talking to Keven about the diffs and he had mentioned the same thing, in particular the newer ones. Maybe it was just the one I had, but I needed 5 shims to get it right with the 2nd set of gears, but its been fine since.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Mark. I processed a lot of the orders later in the week on Wednesday, instead of Monday. Can you forward me your order confirmation to get it sorted out and verified. I unfortunately lost some of the orders from Saturday/Sunday and had to ship them based on what came through the email.

I will check tomorrow to see if it shipped, but if I get the forwarded email from you, it would help a ton.

Thanks! And so sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks. Sent a PM to you with the order info
Old 09-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

MDawson, I am on it. I did not have time to get to it today, but if I don't find it tomorrow, I will send a replacement via USPS tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BTW, we have Spec R TC6 Gear diffs in stock. They have the new black gears which seem to be way smoother than before.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

the new gears are very strong they can handle mod it was the weak point of the diff
Old 09-20-2011, 05:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

MDawson, I am on it. I did not have time to get to it today, but if I don't find it tomorrow, I will send a replacement via USPS tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BTW, we have Spec R TC6 Gear diffs in stock. They have the new black gears which seem to be way smoother than before.
Hi Cristian,

I was talking about the new SpecR TC6 diff personally, not the yokomo.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I this a direct fit gear diff or does it have to be modified?

Mike
Old 09-20-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

They have the new black gears which seem to be way smoother than before.
Are the black gears available seperately as a service pack?
Old 09-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by olly986
Hi Cristian,

I was talking about the new SpecR TC6 diff personally, not the yokomo.
I was referring to Spec R Gear Diffs in General. They all use the same parts and just change in order to fit other vehicles. The Spec R TC6 Gear diff will have all the qualities I mentioned. I personally, use the Spec R Yokomo version because it was what was available before. I will be switching to the TC6 specific ones soon.

Tom, yes, I have the gear kits in stock. Just have not updated the new site with them. I will have them up in a little while.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I was referring to Spec R Gear Diffs in General. They all use the same parts and just change in order to fit other vehicles. The Spec R TC6 Gear diff will have all the qualities I mentioned. I personally, use the Spec R Yokomo version because it was what was available before. I will be switching to the TC6 specific ones soon.

Tom, yes, I have the gear kits in stock. Just have not updated the new site with them. I will have them up in a little while.
Cristian - Are the Spec R gear diffs for the TC6 (not BD5) ones you are selling from the website? I just ordered 1 with the impression I will not have to mod it to fit my TC6.

Thanks!
Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.