Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtez
Christian, what is the difference between the DCJs for the TC6 (RSD071) and the Xray (RSD073). I had DCJs on my TC6 and have just got a T4, so I was hoping to just get new bones or axels to put them on the new car.

Edit: Seeing as though the part number for replacement axels are the same and the bones are different, I assume that I can order the Xray bones and use the rest of the TC6 DCJs.
Correct
Old 01-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
RSD V2 T4 chassis/top deck ran terrific in mod this past weekend at Horsham. Tons of steering and buttery smooth rotation in tight radius turns.

Current setup:
http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...D=625&setup=t4
That's really close to what I've been running lately, and it works good regardless of what turn motor is in.... I haven't tried the new Mazda yet but the Speed 6 has been working well..... Just a tad pushier but practically drives itself! I've also been liking a spool better but I haven't ran on a really flowing layout yet where the gear diff might drive better.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cwoods34
That's really close to what I've been running lately, and it works good regardless of what turn motor is in.... I haven't tried the new Mazda yet but the Speed 6 has been working well..... Just a tad pushier but practically drives itself! I've also been liking a spool better but I haven't ran on a really flowing layout yet where the gear diff might drive better.
Cool. Yeah, this weekend I'm going to be testing my 14 and my RX4 side-by-side. The RX4 drives more aggressively on corner exit than my 14 does, and it really seems to suit modified.

I really like the new PF GX. It drives with an exacting feel that the 6 seems to lack. Whenever I've run the 6 it feels numb on entry and then has all this steering on corner completion. The GX has entry and completion. I feel like I know where the nose of the car is in a corner.

I'd be curious to hear what kind of changes you make to the car as you go on with the chassis.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
Cool. Yeah, this weekend I'm going to be testing my 14 and my RX4 side-by-side. The RX4 drives more aggressively on corner exit than my 14 does, and it really seems to suit modified.

I really like the new PF GX. It drives with an exacting feel that the 6 seems to lack. Whenever I've run the 6 it feels numb on entry and then has all this steering on corner completion. The GX has entry and completion. I feel like I know where the nose of the car is in a corner.

I'd be curious to hear what kind of changes you make to the car as you go on with the chassis.
I do notice a bit of "numbness" on entry with the Speed 6, but the LTCR is too aggressive elsewhere with the same setup. I usually run a lot of rear uptravel which seems to help though. I've heard from some fast guys that the GX feels more like the LTCR but with a bit less steering... I've been leery that it would lock the car in too much. I also agree with the Speed 6 having a lot of exit steering, which is why I've been running the spool since it is more stable mid to exit..... I'll be sure to try out the GX/front diff combo next time!
Old 01-17-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Elite

Does anyone have a VTA setup for running a T4'13 with the Reflex RX4 conversion?

Also, having never run this class, how does the handling compare with the same car setup for TC bodyshell and tyres, will it be loose, or lots of push, prone to grip rolling or sliding etc?

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 01-19-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

anyone willing to sell some of their plastic inserts (suspension holders) for the rx4. I am looking for the 1 and 3 dotted. yeah, car took some major hits today. PM me if you are, I would really appreciate it.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You could just buy the spec-r inserts. They're only like $4-5.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:47 AM
Tech Regular

Can anyone confirm if the new TC6.2 springs work/fit ok with the existing Associated spring cups and adjusters?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

false post
Old 01-20-2014, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hyujmn
You could just buy the spec-r inserts. They're only like $4-5.
thank you, I did not know they were the same.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi, CT,

quoted from your website:-
ARM SWEEP (Inboard Toe Out) (FRONT)
A lot of set-ups lately call for "arm sweep". Arm sweep is typically defined as the front hinge pins being wider than the rear hinge pins on the front arms. Arm sweep will typically decrease entry steering a bit and it will gain middle and exit steering. This is a good setting to use to make the car easier to drive, especially in high grip conditions. Many times this change is very, very subtle.

what is usual angle of arm sweep you would recommend???
Currently with TC6.2, i am using 3 dots out in FF mount, & 1 dot in FR mount.
This should give me 1 deg of arm sweep.
Is this too much???

Thanks

Last edited by hobbs; 01-23-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Does the RX4v2 accept a standoff for the top deck? Which one fits it, the standard T4 2014 piece?
Old 01-25-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
Does the RX4v2 accept a standoff for the top deck? Which one fits it, the standard T4 2014 piece?
spec r stand off
Old 01-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hobbs
Hi, CT,

quoted from your website:-
ARM SWEEP (Inboard Toe Out) (FRONT)
A lot of set-ups lately call for "arm sweep". Arm sweep is typically defined as the front hinge pins being wider than the rear hinge pins on the front arms. Arm sweep will typically decrease entry steering a bit and it will gain middle and exit steering. This is a good setting to use to make the car easier to drive, especially in high grip conditions. Many times this change is very, very subtle.

what is usual angle of arm sweep you would recommend???
Currently with TC6.2, i am using 3 dots out in FF mount, & 1 dot in FR mount.
This should give me 1 deg of arm sweep.
Is this too much???

Thanks
I have not run my TC6.2 much, however, I built it :

(... ) ( ...) FF
(.. ) ( ..) FR

( ..) (.. ) RF
( ..) (.. ) RR

I would think this would be a good starting point for carpet. On asphalt I would probably make it
( . ) ( . ) FF
( ..) (.. ) FR

The rear I would stay the same.

I like arm sweep, so I can't think of when I would take it off.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

kevens set up on ae website i am running a decent variation of his gate set up the arm inserts where he says to put them it works pretty well - the excess traction... so is reflex going to make some stiffeners or a thicker top deck or a different weave chassis? PLEASE the stock racers are needing something the stock top deck and chassis has holes in it like additional supports to stiffen the chassis however no one has made any to my knowledge for 17.5 blinky rubber sedan is what i run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.