Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion >

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree363Likes

Trinity and ReVtech Motors discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Can one of you guys that has the 28C pak post the dimensions and the weight of the pack please.

Thanks
They are almost identical to the 60c packs. All the specs are up on the team fantom site as they are branding them Killer volts packsnow. Hurry up saturday for test day.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I prefer the 60C batteries in spec classes due to the fact the IR is lower. On that same token I have not tried a 28C 2S pack in TC. Only a 28C 1S pack in 12th scale. For what ever reason the 28C 1S pack seems to be very close in cycle numbers and on track performance.

Please post your findings after you compare the two 2S packs please! I have not had a chance to try the 28C 2S packs yet.

Thanks!
EA
The way i understood it the 28c packs have a lower IR and will heat up a bit sooner giving better performance in the stock classes.

And with the amount of time it takes you to get back to anyone on these forums( i queried you on 8/2/11 with no reply yet) ill let you know how this weekends testing goes in 3 weeks time In all seriousness i know your busy so will get back to the thread asap. I will be testing with the 28c and 60c revtech packs vs the lrp fat cobra and TP 65c's. Should be an interesting day.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default So.....

Originally Posted by Benzaah
The way i understood it the 28c packs have a lower IR and will heat up a bit sooner giving better performance in the stock classes.

And with the amount of time it takes you to get back to anyone on these forums( i queried you on 8/2/11 with no reply yet) ill let you know how this weekends testing goes in 3 weeks time In all seriousness i know your busy so will get back to the thread asap. I will be testing with the 28c and 60c revtech packs vs the lrp fat cobra and TP 65c's. Should be an interesting day.
So...........Ben how did u go with the testing ???? or didnt i give u enough time hahahahehe .....c u tomorrow matey
Old 08-26-2011, 04:51 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah

28C packs do not have lower IR's this I know from previous testing. They may get warmer when running if you get a high enough amp draw on them but we are no where near the limit of a 28C pack when it comes to amp draw therefore should not get any hotter than a 60C pack. I know in 12th scale both packs come off the same temp after an 8 minute run.

Sorry I didnt see your question. Some times I forget this forum is here trying to keep up with them all and miss questions. If you dont get an answer in a day or so PM me and I always get those!

EA
Old 08-26-2011, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just got my first box of goodies in this morning. Looking forward to doing some running tonight. Big Thanks to EA for bringing me on Team. Going to be a good year for ReVtech Team
Old 08-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Team EAM

Welcome to the team kenny! Also I would like to welcome multiple time national champion Peter Robinson to the ReVtech racing team. Adding these two guys to Andrew knapp is going to make for a killer 12th scale team for sure!

EA
Old 08-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have been looking at these motors for my SC10 SC truck. I currently run the D3 with the Tekin rs. I have been doing well in a series called the Tri City Series in northern Illinois.
One other racer runs the revtech and he is slightly faster but I have to jack my timing and boost to the limit to keep up.
I assume investing in the rev tech motor would be more wise then investing in rotors for the D3? I plan to start running my B44 again if the class does not die, how are they in those vehicles?
I have never relay looked into sponsorship, what is needed to get sponsored by a team/ company?
Wanted to add I ran 4th & 5th over all my first year ever running on road VTA and RCGT in the '09 Asphalt Assault with a Duo2 in a TC5.

Last edited by twelvegauge; 08-26-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

I have mixed feelings about my testing today. The new 28c packs are incredible compared to my 12 month old 65c TP packs. Due to what happened i did not get a chance to test the RT combo with my mates 60c cells. I drove the fastest stock car ever for 3 runs then blew the motor and popped the Fets on a HW Extreme stock speedy run 4. The speedy has taken a pounding for a good year before letting go but I figure it was because i was pushing the RT combo too far.

the HW settings I usually run are
5.6fdr
DRRS 3
44b/18t
4000 start timing acc 250
Turbo ramp 12 delay 0.1

I did not change any of these settings today only FDR, boost and turbo

These settings with either a duo2/3 motor has been great for the last 5 months with some TP 65c packs.

My initial run today was with the Revtech motor and my old cells and it ran fine at 5.6 fdr 38b/12t, 60c temp and was keeping pace with the other stock racer running and he is top 3 in the club.

1st run with the new cells in and with the same settings as above I noticed it had a lot more punch and did not fade at all over 6 minutes. 60c temps and i thought yes yes here we go.
2nd run I figured I would add a tooth to 5.4 and 38b/12t to see how it handled that and the motor was 65c for this run without effecting punch and gaining more top speed.
3rd run i bumped up the boost to 40 and turbo to 14 and this run it was 70c with no fade still and it was seriously quick.
4th run i thought i would add more turbo to 40/18 and it ran fine for the 6 minute run but unfortunately the motor blew as i was coming in off the warm down lap. Motor temps at 85c.

I will now have to wait a week till the next club day to run some more and test again.

VERY HAPPY with the 28c packs even after blowing up a motor and speedy. Thinking about it some more it could possibly be an issue with the Schumacher motor mount and it covering up the front vent holes in the RT motor causing excessive heat build up in the front of the can. Ive never blown a motor winding in the the front of the can and that was a first today.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well I got a chance to pick up a Revtech pack and ran it at a club race last night. I race at a track in Fitchburg, MA called RCExcitement. Several fast guys at that track. Now I am no Kenny Lambert, he races there and is pretty damned quick.....more on this in minute, lol!

Anyhow, I showed up early as usual for tuning/tweaking and to get a few runs on that pack before the racing started. I have other packs I have been using prior to getting this Revtech pack. I wont drop names as I am not about to make this a bashing, but the packs I had been using were from the last Worlds event and are definitely no slouches. They walk on any other packs out there until now. I ran the packs back to back, brand A and Revtech. Every time it worked out the same, I was gaining an easy 2 tenths a lap with the Revtech pack. I weighed em and both came out the same, 144g. My car right now is a touch heavy at 732g, but I know where the weight is and that will be solved.

Best I did last night was three 10.4's in a row, where as the best I could hit with my other packs were 10.7's and 10.6's. This is with clean (non chunked lol), club racing cut tires. Clean tweak and same setup, gearing, etc...just changed packs. This pack really blew me away.

I ended up having only one regret last night...well two really. The first was that I had only purchased one Revtech pack and had to keep running it back to back....just became a hassle on charging lol!! And the second was that I had not purchased a 17.5 with the high torque rotor.

The motor and pack combination seems to be unreal. I handed my pack to Kenny last night to see how fast he could go with the 17.5 and pack. Prior to this, just to qualify, the week before he had hit 9.8's but seemed only just....as far he was concerned anyhow, lol! On our track even a 10.4 is pretty damned quick. Nope, Kenny will go out and do 10 flats all day with 9.9's and 9.8's in the mix.

Well when he through that pack in, BAM!! 9.7's, hahahaha! It was insane.

Anyhow, I am a racer on a pretty tight budget and kinda regretting not getting two packs and a motor....that will change at the first available chance!!

It's awesome to see Trinity rockin' it like the days of old!!!

Edit: Forgot to add, the brand A packs I am referring to are 60c 1s 5600 packs as well.

Last edited by Cowarn; 08-27-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Team EAM

Default New Website!!

The new Team Trinity web site is launching today and at the same time moving to a new server to offer faster access, a new user friendly store and loads of new features which will be debuting over the next couple of months.

While the transfer is taking place you may use www.trinityrc.net to access the site. When the transfer is complete you will be able to use the trinityrc.net or the old www.teamtrinity.com.

EA
Old 09-02-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Looking forward to getting out tonight and running some. Every run last week was faster and faster more I got dialed in with ReVtech motors
Old 09-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

where do i buy a revtech motor???????
Old 09-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by theatriks
Email me at [email protected] and I'll get you pointed in the right direction.
EA
Old 09-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nexusracing.net has some last time I checked.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't forget Stormer, Amain, your local track, or the Fantom branded ones!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.