Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 03:53 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Barracuda R3

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Thats right the R3 is coming out this fall maybe....there is a hobby show in tokyo where it will make it`s debut(prototype) and I`ll be there to take pic`s for you all..

more to come guys

-Dave

The only thing they can really do to make the kit better is offer the upper shaft holders,chassis kit pal or xenon, and pal hubs!
Then you have it all asphalt or carpet racing
Old 10-07-2003, 04:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Dave, you got mail
heath you going to waist daves time also
Old 10-07-2003, 07:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
heath you going to waist daves time also
No, just had a question non rc related but I guess he didn't get it or I don't know the new secret handshake BTW, I even sent you mail.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Thats right the R3 is coming out this fall maybe....there is a hobby show in tokyo where it will make it`s debut(prototype) and I`ll be there to take pic`s for you all..

more to come guys

-Dave
Err.....
The R2 isn't exactly old.
Kind of annoying that they're thinking of releasing a new version already. What they should be doing is releasing a version with alloy shaft holders as standard, shorer rear shock bodies (or those new extra slippery ones) and possibly better screws. They could move the cells forward a touch but even then it should only be a R2.5

Ahwell, will still be nice to look at a shiney new car
Old 10-07-2003, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Barracuda from Alex racing

Originally posted by popsracer
OK Guys;

Now that you've had time to sort out the Barracuda, what are your opinions good or bad.

There are a few of them at the Track and they are doing rather well.

Thanks,
Most people around here will give you a good review of the Cuda, me included.
It has it's problems, like every other car out there, but they are simple to fix, unlike the Evo3's gear stripping problem. Alloy shaft holders and the spur gear problems are gone for stock/19T racing. I don't like he philips head screws you get with the kit, they sit slightly proud of the bottom of the chassis and cause stripping problems but I'd fit titanium screws to any car I'd buy. The car has great durability, I'm still yet to break a part and is easily as fast as any other touring car.
Yes there are a load of things to buy for it but thats only if you want to. You can tailor the car to whatever you want it to be but it's still great as standard.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default Choosing the next Weapon for Battle

JDM_DOHC_SiR;

Thanks for the reply.

Guys;

Switching over to a shaft drive Car seems to be the only way to keep up these Days. Out of the field, the Barracuda is the most innovative design.

How do you Guys like the Car for finding a set-up? Some Cars only work with the PERFECT set-up. Others work well even if the set-up is not spot on.

Anyways, thanks in advance for the help.

Steven (popsracer)
Old 10-07-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Well I don't think I've ever found the "perfect" setup at any race but I've still had the Cuda going very well. It responds well to setup changes but you but you don't need to be a setup genious to get it working to a reasonable level, it's quite forgiving in most situations.
Old 10-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Choosing the next Weapon for Battle

JDM_DOHC_SiR;

Thanks for the reply.

Guys;

Switching over to a shaft drive Car seems to be the only way to keep up these Days. Out of the field, the Barracuda is the most innovative design.

How do you Guys like the Car for finding a set-up? Some Cars only work with the PERFECT set-up. Others work well even if the set-up is not spot on.

Steven (popsracer)
Pops, I run a box stock cuda and I love it. I had a yoke pro belt car and it was always hooked up and I could concentrate on racing instead of driving a not so setup car. The yoke was very bullet proof and the cuda is as if not more bullet proof. I know there isn't any car out there that is not going to break but you can't win the races you can't finish. I finished 98% of my races with my yoke and maybe broke 1 or 2 arms for 2 seasons. The Cuda has yet to break. Only why I didn't finish is because I knocked a corally type plug off of my batteries. There are some upgrades you can get but it isn't really that nessasary...for me, this is down the road. Hope this helps...I'm done rattling
Old 10-07-2003, 10:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

more to come guys

-Dave
I wonder what changes will be made to the car. I'm guessing the batts will be reversed and moved 5mm forward at the least
Old 10-07-2003, 10:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

No, just had a question non rc related but I guess he didn't get it or I don't know the new secret handshake BTW, I even sent you mail.
Just watch road trip, then PM him
Old 10-07-2003, 10:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Choosing the next Weapon for Battle

JDM_DOHC_SiR;

Thanks for the reply.

Guys;

Steven (popsracer)
I found that if you find a good setup, it's pretty universal between similar tracks. I ran 3 different tracks with my SoCal setup, and was competitive at all of them.
Old 10-07-2003, 10:40 AM
Regional Moderator

lol bro didint mean to get you tore up
and you will learn the shake in due time and your
mail system wont let me send you anything keeps coming back
to me
Old 10-07-2003, 10:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Re: Choosing the next Weapon for Battle

Originally posted by Randman
I found that if you find a good setup, it's pretty universal between similar tracks. I ran 3 different tracks with my SoCal setup, and was competitive at all of them.

Thats me keep it simple and alot has to do with the driver not the set-up
Old 10-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default Barracuda from Alex racing

Guys;

Thanks for the set-up information.

Not always having to look for the right set-up makes a BIG difference. I really like how the Car seems to be easy work on too.

Steven
Old 10-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Barracuda from Alex racing

Guys;

Thanks for the set-up information.

Not always having to look for the right set-up makes a BIG difference. I really like how the Car seems to be easy work on too.

Steven
Oh yeah its easy to work on and a very durable car . im sure you will enjoy it and having speedtech there in your backyrad is a plus also

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.