Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
Never thought of that, so I just took at a look, and nope, wrong shape inside the cap, the std plastic cap relies on an o-ring seal on the shock body, the top of the cap is is a tapered chamber, no surface to seal against.

man there goes my thought for the day I was thinking you could use the bladders on the standard shock cap but heck
i guess im going to steve 's site and order some new yoko caps.

that will work with the bladders right?
Old 08-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally posted by Ko Racer
man there goes my thought for the day I was thinking you could use the bladders on the standard shock cap but heck
i guess im going to steve 's site and order some new yoko caps.

that will work with the bladders right?
std yok caps & bladders work fine.
Build from the bottom, fill with fluid, pull piston out against bottom cap when installing

The shorter frt shock bodies on the back are reccommended
Old 08-17-2003, 01:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX
std yok caps & bladders work fine.
Build from the bottom, fill with fluid, pull piston out against bottom cap when installing

The shorter frt shock bodies on the back are reccommended

oh yeah ............ i forgot the length thing . that means buying som more short shocks then @#$@#$@! maybe i will just keep like they are with the hpi #2 's and try som red's and whites from ray.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:49 PM
Tech Elite

Why are the short bodies for the rear so important? I'm doing fine with the normal ones

KO, I think the yokomo bladder caps are great, whenever I buy another cuda it will be one of the things I buy straight away for it. They make getting leak free and even socks a breeze. As RBF says, build shock from bottom up, fill with oil while piston is down, then punp it slowly a few times to get rid of bubles, place bladder on top without trapping extra air in, place foam on top then screw on cap. Easier to do than type about
Old 08-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Regional Moderator

so before i order some yoko new caps is there a problem with the length ? and im not having any problems with my shocks just thought i could tune a bit more with the rayspeed bladders .
Old 08-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Well there's no difference in length to the stock caps. So changing to the shorter bodies must be for some other reason.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:04 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Herminator
Well there's no difference in length to the stock caps. So changing to the shorter bodies must be for some other reason.
ummmm BULL where are you man please help a guy out on this why the shorter shock bodies on the rear ?
Old 08-17-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Well if you had noticed .. the shock body is rather long and when you compress the shockall the way..it hits all the way when the chassis is touching also....so running the shorter bodies will allow the rear to have more travel when the chassis is lower... hence the car doesn`t get crudy handleing when the cshock is compressed..

I have this done to all my R2`s
a must do if your serious...

-Dave
Old 08-17-2003, 03:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

But you are correct Herm...There is no difference to the overall length of the shocks with the Yok caps.
Old 08-17-2003, 03:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Well if you had noticed .. the shock body is rather long and when you compress the shockall the way..it hits all the way when the chassis is touching also....so running the shorter bodies will allow the rear to have more travel when the chassis is lower... hence the car doesn`t get crudy handleing when the cshock is compressed..

I have this done to all my R2`s
a must do if your serious...

-Dave
so dave do you think i will have a problem doing this to my speedway pal cars? im running the stcok R1 shocks (non threaded on one of them) and xenon (threaded on the other)
Old 08-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Headbanger
The Rayspeed pistons won't fit on the R2 shafts. The RS piston are thicker by ~.4mm and the diameter it longer by ~.1mm. If you still want to try the RS pistons, you can try putting them on Yok shafts.
hmmm
Randmans R2 Pinky now has a full RS Pision set with a few mods hehehe

there are 2 models of RS pistions now too hehehe

-Dave
Old 08-17-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

so dave do you think i will have a problem doing this to my speedway pal cars? im running the stcok R1 shocks (non threaded on one of them) and xenon (threaded on the other)

The R1 shocks are a different lenght all around than the R2 ones...and the Xenon shock bodies are very short...they are right around the same lenght as the PAL silver ones..

-Dave
Old 08-17-2003, 03:39 PM
Regional Moderator

The R1 shocks are a different lenght all around than the R2 ones...and the Xenon shock bodies are very short...they are right around the same lenght as the PAL silver ones..

-Dave
yeah there shorter then the R2's so you think im in good shape going with the new yoko caps? as i said just trying to get a few more tuning bits to play with
Old 08-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

yeah there shorter then the R2's so you think im in good shape going with the new yoko caps? as i said just trying to get a few more tuning bits to play with
your in like flin bro...

nooooo proble what so ever..
-Dave
Old 08-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Regional Moderator

your in like flin bro...

nooooo proble what so ever..
-Dave
yo bro thanks . have you tried the different rayspeed bladders?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.