Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 08:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: rc-zombies

Originally posted by rc-zombies
Yes... I've already thought about it... get back to you soon on the axles.
Thanks, be cool if we could use the titanium dogbones as well

YGPM
Old 08-06-2003, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Fish

Got those in place already.

Originally posted by Randman
Congrats on the purchase First thing, get the aluminum center shaft holders, the car is rough on spur gears, but these will help keep everything true and in line.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Fish

Originally posted by paulc
Got those in place already.
Time to run it then
Old 08-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: rc-zombies

Originally posted by Randman
Thanks, be cool if we could use the titanium dogbones as well

YGPM
I compared donbones already... the SD's are 5mm longer than the R2's

I'll find one that works....

BTW... if the YOK axles fit... that means one thing... the MIP CVD's will fit... and I'm sure they have dog bones that will be the right size... I've got SD MIPS to compare..
Old 08-06-2003, 09:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: rc-zombies

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I compared donbones already... the SD's are 5mm longer than the R2's

I'll find one that works....

BTW... if the YOK axles fit... that means one thing... the MIP CVD's will fit... and I'm sure they have dog bones that will be the right size... I've got SD MIPS to compare..
O well, no titanium dogbones for us Hopefully the axles will work...
Old 08-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Default Web Owners, need your help

Ok I need some help from you Web Special owners.

1. The huge battery brace mount doesn't seemed to fit on this chassis yet it came with the nice orange battery plate. When trying to align the holes on the mount, the rear spur gear is in the way as well as the front steering post. How did you manage to get this to fit?

2. I've notice that when mounting the arms both front and rear, there is binding unless the screws are loosen. I have the ti set witht he marks so in the front, the marks are facing forward, in the rears the marks are facing outward per instructions by Randman. How do you keep this from binding?

3. There are no droop screws on this car, so what do I use? are the black cap screws used for this in the REAR? I've also notice that the front arms has holes on the back meaning it was designed for droop screws I suppose but it doesn't contact any part of the chassis so I'm confused here.

4. This kit also came with 4 orange cone washer so they are to be replaced and mounted on the shock tower front and rear where the countersink screws that holds the shock goes. That part is ok, but there are also 4 of the 2mm orange spacers. What are they used for? and where?

5. There are two retangular Orange thingy with two holes in them which at first, I thought they where servo mounts but looking closely, they dont' have bottom holes so it can't be that. Where do these go? since the manual doe not say or even mentioned the above.

I'm stuck here.

The drivetrain is super smooth and very well aligned so at least thats a good sign. One thing though, this car is alot harder to built then any of the other cars I've own. Unlike the XRAY or the SD where it's a install and run process, this car requires some major attention and guess work. Maybe just the WEB Special? I dunno.

Thanks guys.

Dan
Old 08-06-2003, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Default Some pics

There some pics of the car. Almost done except for some issues on the previous post before I can finalize this.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-dsc00125.jpg  
Old 08-06-2003, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Default Another one

another look
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-dsc00126.jpg  
Old 08-06-2003, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Default back look

rear shot
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-dsc00127.jpg  
Old 08-06-2003, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Default front shot

front shot
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-dsc00128.jpg  
Old 08-06-2003, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Some pics

Originally posted by Maj. Teeth
There some pics of the car. Almost done except for some issues on the previous post before I can finalize this.

Dan

I'm just about at the same point... have to build the shocks next.

Btw...isn't the arm pivot ball use the inner holes?
Old 08-06-2003, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Web Owners, need your help

Ok I need some help from you Web Special owners.

1. The huge battery brace mount doesn't seemed to fit on this chassis yet it came with the nice orange battery plate. When trying to align the holes on the mount, the rear spur gear is in the way as well as the front steering post. How did you manage to get this to fit?

2. I've notice that when mounting the arms both front and rear, there is binding unless the screws are loosen. I have the ti set witht he marks so in the front, the marks are facing forward, in the rears the marks are facing outward per instructions by Randman. How do you keep this from binding?

3. There are no droop screws on this car, so what do I use? are the black cap screws used for this in the REAR? I've also notice that the front arms has holes on the back meaning it was designed for droop screws I suppose but it doesn't contact any part of the chassis so I'm confused here.

4. This kit also came with 4 orange cone washer so they are to be replaced and mounted on the shock tower front and rear where the countersink screws that holds the shock goes. That part is ok, but there are also 4 of the 2mm orange spacers. What are they used for? and where?

5. There are two retangular Orange thingy with two holes in them which at first, I thought they where servo mounts but looking closely, they dont' have bottom holes so it can't be that. Where do these go? since the manual doe not say or even mentioned the above.

I'm stuck here.

The drivetrain is super smooth and very well aligned so at least thats a good sign. One thing though, this car is alot harder to built then any of the other cars I've own. Unlike the XRAY or the SD where it's a install and run process, this car requires some major attention and guess work. Maybe just the WEB Special? I dunno.

Thanks guys.

Dan
OK it's not just a web special thing,

1) you will need to trim the batery mounts for them to fit, they need to go under the drive shaft a bit, the front one should be fine apart from that. The rear one will foul the spur if you have the spur on the shaft mount side closest to the motor, you're meant to have it on the other side, closer to the rear but this can make meshing difficult, long boss pinions will make it a lot easier.

2) Don't know why you are getting binding, I don't use the offset balls.

3) There should be four 2.5mm hex head screws to be used as droop screws, same length as the top deck ones. They fit in the obvious holes in the suspension arms and you certainly shouldn't be having problems getting them to touch the chassis, maybe you have the suspension arms the wrong way round?

4) not sure what 2mm spacers you are talking about here, maybe a web special thing.

5) There should be four rectangular spacers with two holes in them, used for mounting the shock towers, to get the right spacing for the shocks.

You need to look at the pictures a little more closely only issues that took a bit of working out for me was the shock build order, and getting the bevel gears in place was tricky.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Well from the photo's I can see the suspension arms are mounted on the wrong holes, they need to be the furthest in pair of holes. You also have missed out the shock tower spacers
Old 08-06-2003, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Default What are these

What are these use for?
Attached Thumbnails Barracuda from Alex racing-dsc00129.jpg  
Old 08-06-2003, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: What are these

What are these use for?
the shock tower spacers....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.