Barracuda from Alex racing >

Barracuda from Alex racing

Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Old 07-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Springs and sway bars

Would it be recommended running the mid span lower arms for tight twisty tracks?
What sway bars are you guys running for asphalt tracks?

Alex has a tremendous number of spring rates and sway bars to choose from....don't know where to start. It might cost too much just to try them all.
The springs comes in 1.3, 1.4(in the box), and 1.5 wires,. Which ones you guys runnin?

Thnaks.
Old 07-15-2003, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Springs and sway bars

Originally posted by Pandora's Box
Would it be recommended running the mid span lower arms for tight twisty tracks?
What sway bars are you guys running for asphalt tracks?

Alex has a tremendous number of spring rates and sway bars to choose from....don't know where to start. It might cost too much just to try them all.
The springs comes in 1.3, 1.4(in the box), and 1.5 wires,. Which ones you guys runnin?

Thnaks.
Yes, some guys prefer it. Steve of Speedtech has a set up sheet with Mid-Span Arms and using stock springs. You can check it out at www.alexracingusa.com Although, Redbullfixx uses (i think) the stock arms in So. Cal track. I use the stock arms in our ultra tight carpet track and I have no complaints. I also still use the stock springs and lower the car ride height to 4.5mm front and rear. I just play around with the shock positions. The camber links stay stock. Camber for me is 1deg in front and rear. That's my basic setup for our carpet track even in asphalt track, the only thing I change is the ride height, to 7.5mm because our track is bumpy. When it gets really slippery or dusty, i just lengthen the camber link in the rear.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Fatboy Joe.

Is there a substantial difference in handling between the two types of lower arms? or is it just marginal.

Building a Barracuda now and my local track is tight and twisty; and so I'm wondering if I should just go with the shorter lower arms straight away(if the difference is there).

I would save time with your input.

If not i'll be taking the long route and test it for myself.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by Pandora's Box

Building a Barracuda now and my local track is tight and twisty; and so I'm wondering if I should just go with the shorter lower arms straight away(if the difference is there).

The mid span arms would be much better for that track that you are talking about.....
But there is two compounds for the Mid span arms...there is the normal ones and the Hard ones which are new.... which are quite stiff ...very hard to break

-Dave
Old 07-15-2003, 08:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'm going to pick up a set of mid span arms for my web edition to see how they differ from the stock arms. Are they making the long arms in the hard (graphite?) material as well?
Old 07-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Tsubasa Sakai
Dave: I can find some Jet aluminium parts for you,available in both sliver and black.Other can also PM me if you are interested.

Also Dave,I still haven't received your e-mail yet.I can't wait to send you payment now.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

grip tape???

hi i was just wondering where u get that grip tape type stuff that you guys use to hold down your batterys cuz i romoved the battery brace so i can mount my spur on the other side of the holder and im using velcro but it protrudes below the chassis and i cant get a very tight hold with it so i was just wondering where u got that whitish grip tape stuff and how much it is

thanks for any help
Old 07-15-2003, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

It is called strapping tape or fiber reinforced tape. It can be found at your local hardware or mailing/shipping store. It is about $5 a roll.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Randman
I'm going to pick up a set of mid span arms for my web edition to see how they differ from the stock arms. Are they making the long arms in the hard (graphite?) material as well?
Yes they just started to make the graphite arms now too..
Old 07-15-2003, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Dave: I can find some Jet aluminium parts for you,available in both sliver and black.Other can also PM me if you are interested.

Also Dave,I still haven't received your e-mail yet.I can't wait to send you payment now.
You have a PM TS

-Dave
Old 07-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
You have a PM TS

-Dave
Your turn.Thanks.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Your turn.Thanks.
I`ll get back to you in a bit TS
Old 07-16-2003, 12:15 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Back from a long day at SoCal, and the R2's first outing. I must say, this car is extremely fast, impressed the heck out of me! The first thing I noticed is how stable the R2 is, never driven a car quite like it, mounting the arms so far inside really makes a difference. And as for durability, I must have ran 10-12 packs, and the only thing I had to replace was a body clip!

As for the racing, I signed up for Pro Stock. First qualifier I started in 8'th place, but by the 2'nd turn I had the lead, and by the end of the first lap I had a straightaway lead. About 4 laps later I get taken out by lap traffic, would have been able to keep the lead, but my body got stuck, so turnmarshals had to pull it out. Ended up 2'nd place missed the lead by about 1 second. The drivers in the other heat posted the TQ time, they had a much cleaner pack to run with.

Heat 2, I start on the 2'nd line, took me almost a lap to get the lead, but once I got it, I checked out. Lapped everyone in the field at least 2 times, and took the TQ, missed a 27 lap run by 2 seconds, and posted numerous laptimes faster than anyone could touch.

Start the main on the TQ spot, keep the lead for about 3 laps, but 2'nd nicked at my tail around a turn and spun me around. That one spin put me in dead last place. Got my groove back down, and was able to end with 3'rd place.

Dave Berger was also there to show how R2 driving is done. He ran in a heat of brushless cars, with one of the drivers bieng the 03 Reedy champ, Rod Canare. Well, he won both qualifiers, and did the same in the main, I never saw him get challenged really, he was amazing on the track.

I'll be up at SoCal next Tuesday to run some more Pro Stock, getting ready for the upcoming Hitec race.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Randman
Back from a long day at SoCal, and the R2's first outing. I must say, this car is extremely fast, impressed the heck out of me! The first thing I noticed is how stable the R2 is, never driven a car quite like it, mounting the arms so far inside really makes a difference. And as for durability, I must have ran 10-12 packs, and the only thing I had to replace was a body clip!

As for the racing, I signed up for Pro Stock. First qualifier I started in 8'th place, but by the 2'nd turn I had the lead, and by the end of the first lap I had a straightaway lead. About 4 laps later I get taken out by lap traffic, would have been able to keep the lead, but my body got stuck, so turnmarshals had to pull it out. Ended up 2'nd place missed the lead by about 1 second. The drivers in the other heat posted the TQ time, they had a much cleaner pack to run with.

Heat 2, I start on the 2'nd line, took me almost a lap to get the lead, but once I got it, I checked out. Lapped everyone in the field at least 2 times, and took the TQ, missed a 27 lap run by 2 seconds, and posted numerous laptimes faster than anyone could touch.

Start the main on the TQ spot, keep the lead for about 3 laps, but 2'nd nicked at my tail around a turn and spun me around. That one spin put me in dead last place. Got my groove back down, and was able to end with 3'rd place.

Dave Berger was also there to show how R2 driving is done. He ran in a heat of brushless cars, with one of the drivers bieng the 03 Reedy champ, Rod Canare. Well, he won both qualifiers, and did the same in the main, I never saw him get challenged really, he was amazing on the track.

I'll be up at SoCal next Tuesday to run some more Pro Stock, getting ready for the upcoming Hitec race.
Congrats` on the 1st outing with the cuda...sounds like you like it

-Dave
Old 07-16-2003, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Well done with the Cuda's first outing
Looks like it shined in it's best class again

You've shown Dave you can tangle with slower cars too and drive away from it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.