Search
Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Broke CVD pin

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
TS the HPI Pro 3 one is pretty close to the right size...if you in a pinch...I think that it`s 0.5mm longer..

give it a try..
-Dave
that explains why I found spare Barracuda cvd pins in my pit box the other week I should be running out any time soon
Old 07-12-2003, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Broke CVD pin

Originally posted by Herminator
so the kit items are made of a fairly soft steel, hmm not like I'll be buying alloy ones any time soon, too many dangerous cars around to risk bending a cvd, don't want to start getting Dave's Luck

Ya ...you don`t want my luck....but I had a pretty good run at it today...and didn`t break anything...... and bettered my best lap time....... .... also found out a new trick to make the steering a little better mid way through the turns hehhhee I`m going to mess with it a little bit more..before I tell you all more about..

and also tommorow is the Big Day for ALEX RACING and the R2.... the Big one in Japan the Sportsman Japan finals...were the Cuda took the win Last year....Lets hope the R2 can do the same...but this year will be much tougher... ...

I`ll have a report for you all in the next day or two 12 hours to go....

-Dave
Old 07-12-2003, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Yes my Brick comes in pretty light too.... 1480 grams
indeed, my cars weight isn't giving me much reason or should I say excuse to buy titanium for it
Old 07-12-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Herminator
indeed, my cars weight isn't giving me much reason or should I say excuse to buy titanium for it

...but it would be that much lighter...but if you have weight regulations like I do...then... you ould have to add 40 grams of weight!!!!!!!

-Dave
Old 07-12-2003, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Talking My Local favorite track

Have a look at this lay out...it is the Shizzza` this is Cuda practice and race Heaven for me

-Dave

Old 07-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Broke CVD pin

Ya ...you don`t want my luck....but I had a pretty good run at it today...and didn`t break anything...... and bettered my best lap time....... .... also found out a new trick to make the steering a little better mid way through the turns hehhhee I`m going to mess with it a little bit more..before I tell you all more about..

and also tommorow is the Big Day for ALEX RACING and the R2.... the Big one in Japan the Sportsman Japan finals...were the Cuda took the win Last year....Lets hope the R2 can do the same...but this year will be much tougher... ...

I`ll have a report for you all in the next day or two 12 hours to go....

-Dave
Going faster is always good and not breaking anything either is extra nice So whats this new trick with your steering? move the stick further?

Go Cuda!!! do they have any sponsored drivers at the event?
Reports would be great pictures are better
Old 07-12-2003, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: My Local favorite track

Have a look at this lay out...it is the Shizzza` this is Cuda practice and race Heaven for me

-Dave

OK thats enough, get your couch cleared Dave, I'm on the next flight to Japan
is that carpet? looks nice and big and smooth, wouldn't want to hit a barrier though
Old 07-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

...but it would be that much lighter...but if you have weight regulations like I do...then... you ould have to add 40 grams of weight!!!!!!!

-Dave
at the club I could get away with it, infact I do when I run my 3000's. At SMTCA events it's 1500g minimum without transponders, but I only race with 3300's then, which helps bring the weight up but I was on the border line at the last event since I've added titanium screws just before the event, I had to add 5grams to make sure since it was fluctuating a little and would read under weight occasionaly. I'll get a few titanium bits just so I can balance the car perfectly and still be on the weight limit.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Man that track is sweet..almost makes me NOT run on my home track.. I'm racing today,outdoors,asphalt and real hot..105 to 110 and thats not the track temp That should be around 140 to 160..damm..
Old 07-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by xxxkat
Yea it handles like a brick..
Hehehe, patience my friend Try to start off with the stock settingsfrom the manual. I haven't had any complaints with my R2 except for the Spur that keeps on stripping after a spectacular crash, but I can live with that since I run MOD almost all the time during races. My cuda just needs the PAL touch and everything will be ok.

Raced my cuda this afternoon and handled pretty decent. Slight understeer but cured that in the 3rd heat of the final main by putting the camber link (rear) in the middle hole (stock setting), should have done it earlier during qualifying, hehehe. I was last on the grid coz I couldn't really push my cuda coz the right c-hub is on a temporary fix using CA and a droop screw (didn;t have parts, wasn't able to arriveon time). So I was last on the grid, in 9th position. Would have gotten 3rd over all but you know, racing is racing and driver error was the culprit again I got in the Top 5. I had fun and I always do everytime I run my CUDA
I was running bald tires (with the ply coming out) just to see how the car will fair out in low grip situations, my motor was a 8 x 2 Orion using GP3300 PROMATCH Batts.

Can't wait for the next race. I'll try to post pics of the race and the track. We will be racing on a very big track with a looooong main straight and a killer right hand sweeper. It;s the best outdoor track in my country.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JDM_DOHC_SiR:

cool track... how big is it? how wide are those lanes?

... also, what's the surface? ozite?
Old 07-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool Hey that Web Special is Orange right

Just a little somethin to start the weekend off right
Old 07-12-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Eye exam

you know they say if you stare at that picture long enough you will see a car ?
Old 07-12-2003, 01:55 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Hey that Web Special is Orange right

Originally posted by RedBullFiXX

Just a little somethin to start the weekend off right
aaaaahhhhhhh the weekend and thank you RedBull for
the picture to get it going
Old 07-12-2003, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up Well Guys

Off to Yatabe Arena to watch the JMRCA Sportsman 23T finals today....

Alex should have about 3~5 drivers there this time.... Lets hope she can get 1st palce again this year...
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.