Like Tree1Likes

Barracuda from Alex racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 02:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Web Special ..pointers

Originally posted by Ko Racer
ok dave i will try some for my carpet set up when winter comes around but im now having a blast with the R2 in some good asphalt racing. im eating this one guy up and his tc3 the others are wondering what the @#$@ im running and trying to keep up.
Thats what I like to here...

-Dave
Old 06-30-2003, 07:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Is there anything else I should know before building the car? Any pointers or tips?
Old 06-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Randman
Is there anything else I should know before building the car? Any pointers or tips?
Nope....... looks like from reading your posts you know what ya doing just be careful with the bevel gears that seems to be alot of peoples problem snapping them while installing them threw the bearings.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Yeah, I downloaded some instructions from the Japan site, and it looked like that could be a problem. I also read some of the tips on the america site and I am going to hook up my slave motor from my lathe to my Pulsar and run it at about 2.5 volts for a couple hours to break in the drivetrain, never done that before, but I want this thing as free as can be, that's why I'm going with the ceramic bearings as well.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Yeah, I downloaded some instructions from the Japan site, and it looked like that could be a problem. I also read some of the tips on the america site and I am going to hook up my slave motor from my lathe to my Pulsar and run it at about 2.5 volts for a couple hours to break in the drivetrain, never done that before, but I want this thing as free as can be, that's why I'm going with the ceramic bearings as well.
yeah breaking in the drivetrain is a major plus and the ceramic bearings are nice touch .but i just keep mine clean and have had no problems with not having a free drivetrain

you will get ceramic diff balls with the kit also plus the standard ones.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:55 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Nice, thanks for letting me know about the ceramic diff balls, you just saved me $20. Still going to get the ceramic thrust balls though
Old 06-30-2003, 08:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I'm also wondering what parts Square makes for the car? I ran their axles on my SD, and they were half the weight as stock, and twice the strength, do they make em for the R2?
Old 06-30-2003, 08:20 AM
Regional Moderator

Nice, thanks for letting me know about the ceramic diff balls, you just saved me $20. Still going to get the ceramic thrust balls though
Oh did I foget to mention there in the kit also so you saved just a little more
Old 06-30-2003, 08:29 AM
Regional Moderator

I'm also wondering what parts Square makes for the car? I ran their axles on my SD, and they were half the weight as stock, and twice the strength, do they make em for the R2?
front C- hubs,knukles,rear hubs.front bumper and plate,motor mount, bottom shock spring retainer,front and rear arms, that is all i can think of off the top of my head .

you can go to http://www.rc-square.com/
Old 06-30-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anybody have the English version of the Square website?
Old 06-30-2003, 09:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Can you post a direct link to the R2 stuff on their site, I can't seem to find it.
Old 07-01-2003, 04:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Click Here for the direct link to the Square Barracuda Parts page

-Dave
Old 07-01-2003, 09:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

They make some very nice parts, didn't realize they made a version of the center shaft stabilizer motor plate. What makes their arms different than the others avalible? I definately want the castor blocks, hub carriers, front bumper brace, and possibly the arms if their is an advantage to them. Just sucks that I'll have to pay extra to have the stock anodizing stripped, and the orange put on
Old 07-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey Fellow CUDA fans, I'm back from the Nats.

Had a good time there, sure it was hot, muggy & difficult, but you always come away from something like that better for it

The R2 ran strong, I just didn't get up to speed quick enough. The web info from the hosting track said the Nationals layout would be set on Wednesday afternoon (I filed the flight plan accordingly), come to find out folks showed up Sunday had been running virtually the same layout.

My knowledge of a an MVP motor was not as in depth as it needed to be in order to compete at that level, got some help on the last day, hard to believe what is possible with that motor setup correctly.

Note: the front straight was over 200' long, there were lots of turns & the track temp exceeded 150 deg f. Hand out tire CS 27s ?

I had a few good runs in the last 2 qualifiers, so did a few others, 3rd in the Bee is where I qualified, had a BIG target painted on the body in the main I guess thats why they all hit me so hard

As planned that was my last 27T powered race, Brushless here I come. The 19T's we ran at REEDY were more fun, I understand why 23T is so popular in J-land, just don't know why its taking so long to take hold here ?

For those interested I will send my Nats setup to Steve for posting.

RC on ....
Old 07-01-2003, 10:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Still man, thats really good getting into the B at such a big event where you have never run on the track before. Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.