Wiki Posts
Search

Fuel Additives ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Fuel Additives ??

I know that fuel additives have been discussed before, but for some reason, im hearing more about fuel additives ever since the 1/8th on-road nationals and other on-road races in the country. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Old 09-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Fuel Additives ??

Originally posted by Roger
I know that fuel additives have been discussed before, but for some reason, im hearing more about fuel additives ever since the 1/8th on-road nationals and other on-road races in the country. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
Very Nice additives is TEL or replacment for it Ferrocene.
TEL was use by Russian airmodels guys in team racing back in 80's. The main purpose for it was to decrease detonation point and keep speed of combustion process at the same elevel. It was use as secret fo more then 10 years and results were ammesing. Later it was prohibited due to the it contain LEAD in it. But shortly it was found replacment for it that calls Ferrocene.
Main purpose of use Ferrocene ( TEL is prohibited) is to let us increase compression ratio and the mean time to don't face detonation. It is not just piece of cake to work with-it is very dificult to find right ammount in fuel ( it is between 0.3 to 0.8 %) also during the work it creates some build ups on the top of piston which will required to clean up ones in while. But ones right concentration will be found and right head clearance will be set, it will increase power by up to 15%.
I know for fact that some people already work with that recently, but not sure if they got good results of it. I had no chance to play with that lately, but in the past back in Russia we used it.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Fuel Additives ??

Let's import it!

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Very Nice additives is TEL or replacment for it Ferrocene.
TEL was use by Russian airmodels guys in team racing back in 80's. The main purpose for it was to decrease detonation point and keep speed of combustion process at the same elevel. It was use as secret fo more then 10 years and results were ammesing. Later it was prohibited due to the it contain LEAD in it. But shortly it was found replacment for it that calls Ferrocene.
Main purpose of use Ferrocene ( TEL is prohibited) is to let us increase compression ratio and the mean time to don't face detonation. It is not just piece of cake to work with-it is very dificult to find right ammount in fuel ( it is between 0.3 to 0.8 %) also during the work it creates some build ups on the top of piston which will required to clean up ones in while. But ones right concentration will be found and right head clearance will be set, it will increase power by up to 15%.
I know for fact that some people already work with that recently, but not sure if they got good results of it. I had no chance to play with that lately, but in the past back in Russia we used it.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

i dunno, but one batch of fuel ig ot....i swear that stuff had bubblebath in it...