Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Reedy TI With aliminium Endbell

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 01:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Andrew - Give it up man...Your first post was highly unprofessional. You never flame your former sponsors. Never burn bridges is rule number one in this business.

You crossed the line and Rick rightfully let you have it. A mature person would have let it go right there but you posted again and now you look even more foolish.

Let it go...
Old 09-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Nah i dont really wonder why people attack me.

For my own good whats that suppossed to mean i cant take care of my own problems. IM not gonna just walk away.

Yeah reason I'm in a forum right now is because I dont work. I go to school every night. So during the day i get to relax and do nothing. And its really kind of funny because youre the one saying i dont care about my education because im wasting my time on a RC forum but HEY GUESS WHAT SO ARE YOU!!

Yeah a nap sounds pretty good right about now! maybe ill take one. Nah
Old 09-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you keep diggin' the hole keeps getting deeper...

Let it go...
Old 09-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

I wasnt trying to flame my sponsor Adrian. And as far as burning bridges That bridge was destroyed like 2 months ago so whatever.

All I said was my personal opinion I wasnt trying to bash on them i was just relaying my personal experience. Then Rick comes on and turns it into a big deal.

Casper i do agree with you on one thing in that the V2 is a great motor for the off-road industry. It is perfect for the customer that wants alot of runs between cuts.

And unfortunately my IRON was just fine. That wasnt the problem!
If it is such a great conductor then why do they have to use High Temp solder when soldering there wires on???

i never started anything so i shouldnt have to let it go! I just dont like it when people disrespect me.

There was absolutely no reason for rick to comment on my driving ability or ask if i have a engineering degree!
Old 09-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

shovel, shovel, shovel hehehe
Old 09-08-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Ill dig all the way to china and back i dont care! Im having a blast sitting here waiting for people to post. LMAO
Old 09-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I find it funny how the guy gives his opinion on the motor and he gets blasted by the company and a car company......... You guys are the real mature ones. Why to go !
Old 09-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by AdrianM

You crossed the line and Rick rightfully let you have it. A mature person would have let it go right there but you posted again and now you look even more foolish.

Let it go...
what line would that be? giving his personall opinion?? so what next, if i say i dont like schumacher cars your going to lay into me? not very profesional if you ask me.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Andrew-- I agree on the driving dig and the engineering degree comment were uncalled for.

As for the soldering iron thing. If the heat dissapates throught the endbell quickly it is harder to get the whole thing up the temp to melt the solder on the posts. A really hot iron keeps the local area up to temp. I tried soldering wires on this motor and could not do it with a lower temp iron. (my iron is hurt I know that) It is plenty fine when soldering the same wires on a "standard" endbell but would not solder to the V2 endbell. A better hotter iron solved the problem. (never had a wire come off) What other reason for this other then heat dissapation? I have an engineering degree and understand these concepts. I am not saying you don't understand them but I am curious as to why this would happen other then good heat dissapation. Being a Trinity motor guy these days I would expect you to maybe had an idea or two.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Maybe i missed this in all the turmoil... but... where did this news of a new REEDY motor come from??.. any pics, articles??... or is this just hear-say??...

gonna be stepping into the MOD game soon and want to be aware of all my options...
Old 09-08-2004, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Stumper

Casper- You most likely wont have a problem in off-road at all unless running truck or 4wd at say Hot Rod in the summer. The bigger problem is TC. Yes you need a really hot iron to solder the wires on because yes the endbell is a good heat dissipator but once the endbell heats up and starts trapping in heat it becomes more like an oven. Another thing is the brush tube being so close to the comm. which is a good thing but i think it causes too much heat draw to the tube which aids in the wires coming off problem.

Not everyone will have a problem. And i am not trying to bash the motor. It is definitely a step in the right direction but like anytihng new its not perfect.

Orlando- Im not sure if the reedy motor is official or not i think it was kind of a rumor. but im not sure. well just have to wait and see.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by audio5050
That is not owned...this is OWNED!!
Attached Thumbnails New Reedy TI With aliminium Endbell-spvsdd.jpg  
Old 09-08-2004, 02:08 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Orlando: It was listed on the recently-released approved motor list for the IFMAR Worlds.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
Orlando: It was listed on the recently-released approved motor list for the IFMAR Worlds.
interesting...
Old 09-08-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Rookie

It was listed on the recently-released approved motor list for the IFMAR Worlds

Really? Where is this list posted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.