Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1;10 Rule Changes

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default 1;10 Rule Changes

Hi, I have heard that there may be rule changes regarding events such as the Summer Nats. They MAY be changing the classes availble from pullstart and open class [current classes], to a side exhaust rear exhaust class.
Anyone know whether these rule changes are coming into affect, and if so, when we will they come into affect.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: 1;10 Rule Changes

I don't know people still race with side exhaust engine these days...

I reckon that I did not see any pull start engine in any big race events as such ROAR and IFMAR.

Originally posted by SNACKPACK
Hi, I have heard that there may be rule changes regarding events such as the Summer Nats. They MAY be changing the classes availble from pullstart and open class [current classes], to a side exhaust rear exhaust class.
Anyone know whether these rule changes are coming into affect, and if so, when we will they come into affect.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:48 AM
Tech Adept

I agree. at national events there is only an open class so there is know reason why people would run a side exhaust or pullstart as they would not be as compeditive. but at the slightly smaller events [not state titles or nationals] there are two classes in nitro. the pullstart is designed to be a sports/entry level class. i was wondering, whether at the slightly smaller events they change the pullsart class to side exhaust class to eliminate the advantage of a rear exhaust engine.
Old 09-04-2004, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You would have more luck with this thread in the Australian Racing Forum

The idea behind it is to stop the trophy hunters running rear exhaust pullstart engines against side exhaust engines that dont have the same power.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default yea but????

That's why I love the outlaws !!! It's despute free racing ........... but nothing against ROAR or the others
Old 09-07-2004, 03:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

you want power in a pullstart side exhaust? M. Speed modified 5 port O.S CV-RX pullstart motor, very fast endeed
Old 09-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

but the price is the same as the fast rear exhuast one. we are talking about over $US300 here.

Originally posted by Team-RTR
you want power in a pullstart side exhaust? M. Speed modified 5 port O.S CV-RX pullstart motor, very fast endeed